Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well I have had my band since 9/24/11 - not even a year and it's coming out!! Last week I went into office to see about band removal. The thought of a sleeve had crossed my mind. I was told insurance denied just the band removal but has approved the band removal to sleeve revision. I don't quite understand that.

They want to do surgery next Thursday!! I need to wait until mid July for a few reasons. I am excited but also very nervous. I knew when I got the band if I had problems it could just come out (so I thought), not so much with the sleeve .

I'm 34 yrs old and need to get off about 100lbs. I have two kids and a great supportive hubby. I know he is worried about procedure.

It's hard when you go through 1 WLS and it doesn't work out.... Then hope for another.

My band had 11 cc in it with no restriction and had pain throughout the day when not eating.... Ugh

Looking forward to getting to know you and hearing about your journey!!

Amy

I had the band also and it had to come out. I have three kids and I am waiting for approval to be sleeved.

Well, this is truly a lot of information to take in at once. I get sleeved on the 19th. My insurance required 6 months of nutrition classes. So, I had plenty of time to research. (I too was considering the lap band initially.) Using this weekend to watch people's video blogs & read as much information as you can on this site (and other related sites) might be helpful. I can send you links to vlogs that helped me make my decision, if you want. Let me know.

I'm sure that I haven't been much help, but I certainly understand your dilemma...

Good luck with your decision! Please keep us posted.

Little Bits

Well, this is truly a lot of information to take in at once. I get sleeved on the 19th. My insurance required 6 months of nutrition classes. So, I had plenty of time to research. (I too was considering the lap band initially.) Using this weekend to watch people's video blogs & read as much information as you can on this site (and other related sites) might be helpful. I can send you links to vlogs that helped me make my decision, if you want. Let me know.

I'm sure that I haven't been much help, but I certainly understand your dilemma...

Good luck with your decision! Please keep us posted.

Little Bits

I would love to see it also

The following YouTube vloggers helped me make my decision to have the sleeve done:

Theslimjen

Sleevedshortnsweet

Msdivadimples

Slimminjacks

Gastricsleevecarolyn

Little Bits

Theslimjen--she changed so much that the machine @ motor vehicle wouldn't accept her picture...

Sleevedshortnsweet--she just met goal a few weeks ago (we're similar in height and weight)

Msdivadimples--she shares that good, the bad & the ugly...her weight loss has been amazing

Slimminjacks--Lap band revision

Gastricsleevecarolyn--I just enjoyed Carolyn. Her videos are short sweet and to the point...

There are a lot of revision vlogs. You just have to do a search on YouTube.

Little Bits

Littlebits thank you for listing some of the blogs to follow. I VERY much appreciate it!! :) If you could send me the links that would be very helpful. I am going ahead with the surgery and am meeting the doc tomorrow to get some questions answered and set up a date... I still would love to look at some of the blogs. I wish you the VERY BEST!!

Amy

I also watch the youtube channels. I feel it's an honest opinion from real people. I have had the pleasure of watching Slimmingjacks, she is very inspiring. I will check out the other channels. Good luck to you, you came to the right place.

Theslimjen--she changed so much that the machine @ motor vehicle wouldn't accept her picture...

Sleevedshortnsweet--she just met goal a few weeks ago (we're similar in height and weight)

Msdivadimples--she shares that good' date=' the bad & the ugly...her weight loss has been amazing

Slimminjacks--Lap band revision

Gastricsleevecarolyn--I just enjoyed Carolyn. Her videos are short sweet and to the point...

There are a lot of revision vlogs. You just have to do a search on YouTube.

Little Bits[/quote']

<3 thank you for sharing these !!

Littlebits thank you for listing some of the blogs to follow. I VERY much appreciate it!! :) If you could send me the links that would be very helpful. I am going ahead with the surgery and am meeting the doc tomorrow to get some questions answered and set up a date... I still would love to look at some of the blogs. I wish you the VERY BEST!!

Amy

You're welcome! I'm getting ready for work; however, I can send you the links when I get home. If you are anxious to get started, just go to YouTube & search the names.

Thanks for well wishes...I have one more week! Yay!!!

Little Bits

I can look them up on YouTube if I can't find it I will let you know. Thanks for being so great and helping out!! One week left girl then it's your time - very excited for you!! Big commitment but such great rewards as well !! I went to doc today my surgery will be July 16 th!!

Amy

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Thanks Amy! Congrats & good luck with your journey as well!!! Keep me posted.

:)

Little Bits