Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How To Pass Time Until Your Surgery Date

I noticed that many sleevers are so excited or nervous about their surgery date that they can't seem to focus on anything. I though it would be a good idea to have sleevers post some strategies they used or are using to help pass time.

Read the bible it is always a good idea to get closer to our heavenly father before surgery

Pack one thing in your suitcase you will take to the hosiptal daily. This way you feel you are one step closer

Focus on two events or things you will do weekly and try to be there 100%. This ways you can begin to get excited about other things

Pick that project you been avoiding and begin it, even if you don't finish

Take one picture a day

Feel free to add to the list

Thank you for this topic! This has been on my mind the last few days, for sure. I don't even have a date scheduled yet, and the waiting is really hard. These are some great ideas!

Thank you for this topic! This has been on my mind the last few days, for sure. I don't even have a date scheduled yet, and the waiting is really hard. These are some great ideas!

You're welcome, I am trying to take my mind off things also

All good suggestions, I am a MAJOR list maker (on the obsessive side, lol) so I have been compiling every list I can of what to expect, what to take to the hospital, what foods to purchase before hand, etc. I have been keeping a list of mini goals I will have as I loose, starting a blog so that I can remember each day and how I am changing plus it will keep me more accountable, etc.

Even though I am almost 2 months from surgery, I have started trying to limit my sugar & carbs, up my protien, I am reading everything I can get my hands on just so that I am fully prepared for how my body may react and what is the best course of action starting now.

So, if you are like me....these are some things that will not only keep you busy but really get you ready and have less surprises as you go along.

All good suggestions, I am a MAJOR list maker (on the obsessive side, lol) so I have been compiling every list I can of what to expect, what to take to the hospital, what foods to purchase before hand, etc. I have been keeping a list of mini goals I will have as I loose, starting a blog so that I can remember each day and how I am changing plus it will keep me more accountable, etc.

Even though I am almost 2 months from surgery, I have started trying to limit my sugar & carbs, up my protien, I am reading everything I can get my hands on just so that I am fully prepared for how my body may react and what is the best course of action starting now.

So, if you are like me....these are some things that will not only keep you busy but really get you ready and have less surprises as you go along.

I would love to see your list of Protein shakes if you have one

I'm going to be trying different shakes to see which ones I like best. Also going to start a semi full liquid diet this week to try to get my body acclimated to the new diet. Trying to train myself to chew and sip all day as well. And prayer: Lots of prayer.

I'm going to be trying different shakes to see which ones I like best. Also going to start a semi full liquid diet this week to try to get my body acclimated to the new diet. Trying to train myself to chew and sip all day as well. And prayer: Lots of prayer.

I read someone purchase a children size plate, spoon, and fork to eat.

I read someone purchase a children size plate' date=' spoon, and fork to eat.[/quote']

Ooh, good idea!

I read someone purchase a children size plate, spoon, and fork to eat.

Before I even made my appointment I was doing over the phone Weight Management Coaching with Cigna and they sent me a small plate with divisions showing how much Protein, carbs and vegetables to eat.