Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Light Weight Sleevers With 125 Or Less To Loss

I had my sugery on May 16th and my goal was to lose 90lbs. I started at 275 on the pre-op diet' date=' and on the date of the sugery I was 267. I am now overall 32lbs down(243) in less than a month from sugery! :)[/quote']

Congrats!!!

Little Bits

Honestly my biggest challenge is keeping the motivation to exercise. The eating part for me was/is effortless, although when I'm PMSing I do notice I want to eat more. When I first started this journey I was excited to go to the gym every chance I could get, now not so much, so I had to change it up and now I've given myself the goal of training for a 5K.

What helped me the most was doing what I needed to do for ME. You can't always do what others are doing and I had to make my own way. I don't eat like others do, I do what I need to do.

That's awesome Jailynn! And good advice!!

Great advice!

Little Bits

Honestly my biggest challenge is keeping the motivation to exercise. The eating part for me was/is effortless, although when I'm PMSing I do notice I want to eat more. When I first started this journey I was excited to go to the gym every chance I could get, now not so much, so I had to change it up and now I've given myself the goal of training for a 5K.

What helped me the most was doing what I needed to do for ME. You can't always do what others are doing and I had to make my own way. I don't eat like others do, I do what I need to do.

That is a very good way to look at it the situation

I am curious about the first stages of weightloss. Do you think most of the weight that comes off in the beginning is because the liquid diet or the actual surgery?

I believe the massive weight loss early on is from malnutrition. The body is burning both fat & muscle because it's not enough carbs or protien to sustain either. Then the all to common 3-4week stall is when the body starts replacing the muscle it burned in he early stages(this is my belief). I believe he stall isn't that the body has quit losing fat but that is replacing lost muscle tissue at te same rate or even faster. Then once all the muscle tissue has been repaired the apperance of weight loss resumes.

My starting weight was 206 lbs....my goal was to lose 80 lbs. I reached my goal in 8 months with zero stalls. I consistently lost weight every week. I did join a gym but in no way was I doing anything vigorous...I started walking on a treadmill at 2.5 mph' date=' thats all I could do.

As for extra skin, I have a small bit of excess skin on my belly, hips and arms, but only noticable to me...someday It'd be fun to have plastic surgery but it isn't really necessary at all. I went from a size 18 (that was getting tight) to a 4. I've now lost 84 lbs and weigh 121...I feel amazing and truth be told it was the easiest thing I have ever done. Of course the first couple weeks on the liquid diet and the next few weeks on restriction were difficult but that seems like the blink of an eye now. Now I eat literally whatever I want, but I track every single calorie on myfitnesspal.com.

Good luck to all....I have absolutely loved this path!![/quote']

Just curious .... Were you a self pay or did you go trough insurance??

I had Blue Cross at the time and it was completely covered by insurance. Now we have Priority Health and I don't know if it would be now.

I had Blue Cross at the time and it was completely covered by insurance. Now we have Priority Health and I don't know if it would be now.

I too have BCBS and I am still waiting approval

Were you a slow loser from the start? When did you see the weightloss really slowing down? Congrats to you!

Hey,

In the first two mths I lost 24lbs... some do that in the first two weeks... it then slowed down; perhaps a pound or two each week. The most I lost was 4lbs in a week, but this was rare! At about 2mths I exercised a lot... gym 3x weekly, walked my dog daily ranging from 2.5 miles 20 4.5 miles. I did zumba and different exercise classes... in Feb of last year I started training in a boxing gym too... so even though my weight loss was slow, I was still able to get really fit an dloved every minute of it. I am having physio at the moment for a badback/groin, so I am unable to anything but walk right now and I miss it like hell!!

One thing I did notice though, is that if I train too much the scale stops moving completely!! But I think that is just me and my awkward body!! =]

I'm 13 months postop in the beginning I started at 282, my goal was to lose 132 which would put me at 150. I'm currently 178.. Total lose so far -104 pounds..Still have 28 pounds to get to ultimate goal! I had lost 80 pounds in my first 6 months and the last 7 months I have been a very slow loser. My surgeon told me my next 28 pounds are going to be from hard work and exercise! I did not exercise alot in the first year, but am realizing in order to get to goal I must!!! I do not have loose skin as of yet! Thank god!! But who knows what the next 28 pounds will do!!! I went from a size 24 to a 12 so far.

Good luck on your journey!!!

I am 16 months post-op. I started at 232 and wanted to be 150. After the first month, I lost about 8-9 lbs per month. I did not stall, although my weight loss slowed after month 9 to about a pound a week. I have wrinkly thighs and no butt, what's there is sagging skin sliding down the backs of my thighs. The rest of me doesn't sag, nothing hanging off my abdomen and my arms are decent. However, the last 10 lbs seemed to come out of my face, which got very saggy and wrinkled, so I had a facelift. However, I'm 57 and if you are younger your skin may retain enough elasticity to recover.

My surgery date was Aug 1, 2011 and I weighed 199lbs with a doctor's goal of 140lbs and my personal goal was 135. I only had a 2 day preop so no problems there. The first 3 months were tough due to nausea and vomiting but I got past that. :wacko: I averaged 10lbs a month the first 4 months. Excercised 3-4 times a week. Mostly walking but now I am starting some strength training. I do have loose skin on my tummy from being overweight and having 2 kids. I have "butt wrinkles & thigh wrinkles" and flabby underarms but I am working on reducing the loose skin. But I am 50 yr old so I do not expect to look like I am in my 20's lol! :P I try to always follow the Protein first, then veggies,fruit,carb if I have room. I have wonderful restriction and have found this to be the best thing I have ever done for myself. :D I still have issues from diarrhea that I have to watch but that is also because of liver medication I have to take. :( I would recommend this procedure to anyone that wants to get off the diet merry go round and find the right tool for successful weightloss. I weighed in this morning at 128.8 and I am not "trying" to lose anymore. Very Happy! :D :D

Im im abt 6 weeks post op.5'7", highest weight was 203 lbs. now i weigh 162 lbs.

No excercise regime yet, but i try to walk more, in malls etc.. :-)

I have no idea where i'll stop but my target is arnd 123? I have no idea as to how longi shld take.. No target dates what so ever...

Just goin with the flow.. See where ,my sleeve will take me and enjoy this journey!

As formthe loose skin, well ,y weight yoyo all my life hence stretch marks always there. But noting hanging unnecessarily yet...

Cheers

I am curious about the first stages of weightloss. Do you think most of the weight that comes off in the beginning is because the liquid diet or the actual surgery?

The rapid initial weight loss (in any weight loss effort,) comes from burning up the body's quick energy stores of glycogen (basically stored carb) before getting into burning the long term stores of fat - it typically takes a couple of weeks to get to this point. Glycogen burns at a rate of about 2000 calories per pound while fat burns at a rate of about 3500 calories per pound, so that's why your loss slows down some when you start burning the fat. Once the glycogen is burned up (typically about two pounds worth, plus about eight pounds of Water to keep it in solution,) your body needs to start burning fat to replace the glycogen, When it does that, it also needs to retain Water to replace that which was lost in the initial burn, so even though you are starting to burn fat, your weight may stall as you retain water until the glycogen is topped up again - this is where the typical "3 week stall" comes from.

A better treatise on this can be found at

http://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.html