Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are the High Protein drinks you would recommend the most Or way of mixing powder

I am seeing my Banding Dr on Sept 6th and will be having my surgery 3-4 weeks after that. I am starting to get myself prepared for post op period by trying different Soup brothes and protien drinks. My personal trainer that works with Dr. Mckee my banding Dr, said I should try to get as close to 25G Protein per a shake. So I found a whey powder that is choc and it has 23G protein. The weight watcher high protein had 19 so if I dont find one I can stomach I plan on doing that one.

so I just thought I would ask all of you what you did for Protein Drinks during your post op or even now.

What liquid diet suggestions do you have?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

Dr. Mckee Augusta Maine (Maine Bariatrics)

Surgery Oct 2006

Highest weight 272

Current weight 269

5"8' tall

I use Champion Nutrition Pure Whey Stacked. I order it from www.vitalady.com . I mix it with Water and it disolves very easily (no blender needed) They have 4 or 5 flavors. 23 grams of Protein, 4 grams of carbs. Tastes good to me. Good Luck RAE

These bacame a part of my regular Breakfast. I have been through many types and I like the Six Sense at Walmart as a base or Muscle Milk is great too.

I mix this with Flax oil,Psyillium Fiber, Total Body Formula Multi Vitamin and nutrient,always a bananna with blackberry,strawberry, or raspberry frozen organic fruit. I put in plain Yogurut, and whole D milk (4%). Mix it up!

This is always breakfast and it keeps me on the straight and narrow. Everyone is different and you have to do trial and error. I liked the Metrx also.

:bandit

I LOVE New-Whey liquid Protien - it is 25 grams of Protein comes in a little tube and drink it down over ice - no mixing or anything. When it is cold, it is almost like drinking down a Jello shot :)

I think the best are Genisoy...soy Protein..they come in the basic flavors..choc, van, strawberry, etc.

But there is also Spiru-tein (by Nature's Plus) they are good too and here are some of the flavors:

Cherries Jubilee

Cookies N Cream

Cappuccino

Peanut Butter Swirl

banana

strawberry

chocolate

Vanilla

Peaches N Cream

Raspberry Royale

Nutty berry Burst

Strawberry Shortcake

Tropical fruit

Strawberry banana

These can be found at The Vitamin Shoppe, GNC, Rite Aid, and some grocery stores.

I use the Wal-Mart Body Fortress Vanilla too. I mix it with fat free milk, one serving of sf ff chocolate pudding and a tablespoon of reduced fat peanutbutter. Tastes like a Reese's Peanutbutter Cup. Mmmmmmm.

I like EAS carb Control ready made drinks. I am not a vanilla/strawberry person, so I only drink the dark chocolate, fudge or their coffee flavored drinks.

Unjury makes protien powder that is sort of unflavored. To me if you put too much, you get an "old milk" kinda flavor.

I tried the Body Fortress Whey Powder and loved it. I got the Choc one and put it in Low fat 1% Choc milk and you could not even taste the powder. I am going to by the vanilla one and try it will white milk. I only like Skim milk unless it is Choc then it has to be low fat 1%.

Hi there, I have been using Wellements which I got at costco. Bavarian dutch chocolate. YUM I mix it with fat free milk 1 scoop per 5 to 7 ounces each scoop has 27grams of Protein I mix in either a blender or a shaker cup. And it taste good too.

I like the Isopure Dutch chocolate, I usually drink it during my commute to work.

I'm currently on pre-op liquids and I use the GNC brand soy Protein. It tastes SO SO much better than the whey. It has 25 gr of Protein per scoop and it 15$ for a med/lg tub. They have a buy 1 get one half off deal going pretty much all the time. There is a long standing debate on which is better, soy or whey. But personally, if I have to drink it 3-4 times a day, I'm going for taste.

For mixing, I have this:

http://blenderbottle.com/

It is THE BEST because it has a little whisk ball inside so you don't get the clumps on the bottom or have to shake until your arm breaks. I love it!

I love the Body Fortress found at Wal-Mart. I like to put a little banana in mine. I also like the grape Isopure Zero Carb. MsButterKup ~ I didn't know they made it in choclate....will have to check it out.

BTW, I bought a Magic Bullet from Wal-Mart. It is EXCELLENT for my shakes. It's worth the investment IMO.

I have used both the Body Fortress powder, and the Unjury unflavored, as well as the vanilla. What I have found is that if I use the DaVinci or the Torani sugar free flavored syrups, I can have all different flavors! I love anything Caramel or Toffee flavored, so I use a lot of those. I bought a pretty wine rack, and have all my syrups in it! I can also use the syrups, and the unflavored Protein powder, mixed with juice or any powdered drink mix and make popsicles, that have protein. While trying different protein drinks, some were pretty yucky when drank alone, these syrups, and they have tons of flavors available, made it to where I could drink the stuff, rather than waste it. Also, 3loves mentioned the Zero carb Isopure...it is really good for the first week or so while you are on clear liquids. I bought mine at GNC, it is in bottles, kind of like Sobe, and has 40 g. of protein per bottle, and comes in several flavors. Was the best way I found to get my energy back the week after surgery, protein is important to your healing. Good Luck, you have made a great decision!!!

Kat