Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-Op Cravings And Discouraged!

I am 10 days out and Tuesday the doctor moved me to soft foods' date=' I guess every doctor is different.

I really needed. Move to the soft foods, I had no energy and was weak.

Today I had a whole bag of oat meal, protien shake, maybe 3 oz of tuna, dinner scrambled egg and a half a piece of sausage.[/quote']

Sausage and tuna count as soft food? Seems like they would be tough on a 10 day old sleeve.

Cody is sausage a soft ? I can't believe you ate all that at 10 days out. Too me' date=' I wouldn't have been able to eat 1/4th of that amount. Please be careful you don't bust your sleeve open, your still healing. :)[/quote']

It's really not that much, two tiny bites of sausage and maybe 4 or 5 of egg.

tuna is soft food as for sausage, I am not sure.

I am doing good, lost 21 lbs in 10days.

I am on a 21 day liquid postop diet. I have a feeling it's gonna be a long 21 days too. I'm trying to stay positive about it ny thinking of all the weight I'll lose while I'm on liquids. Stay strong! This is only temporary and you can do it!

how are you hungry after this surgery. the pouch is so small and you get full fast. try drinking your 2 oz of Water so youcan feel full

Why even comment if it's gonna be patronizing?? Not everyone will feel the exact same effect as the next person and if someone needs support that's what this forum is for and not for comments like this!

Melissamae, it's okay to feel how you feel girl....just be strong and it does get better. Most of us know that the hunger we experience after the surgery is our head reminding us of the lifestyle we lived for so long, it gets easier to deal with and to change as time goes on. I am 2 months out now and I know it was so hard the few 3-4 weeks but it got easier, thank God! Hang in there and be strong :)

Wow, I am so happy to get the advice and hear I'm not alone! I know a lot of it is mental hungar, especially when I am feeding my family the foods I love but can't have yet. I would love to just have a bite of turkey sandwich...just one bite!! I also miss chewing my food. Tomorrow I andvance to stage 4...soft foods. Still seems limited, but puréed fruits sound good to me!! Any food suggestions for this phase? I am sick of carnation instant breakfast!!

but puréed fruits sound good to me!! Any food suggestions for this phase? I am sick of carnation instant breakfast!!

Buddy Fruits. They are little pouches of blended fruits that are easily transportable & don't need refrigeration.

It was the soft food stage that finally made me feel normal again......Mashed potatoes, tuna or chicken salad (only the canned meats at first since it's softer), applesauce, cottage cheese, eggs.....I was sooo looking forward to a scrambled egg only to find it didn't sit right with me, so I made a poached egg and I still think that was the best tasting egg I ever had :)

I went through terrible "food withdrawal" after the surgery, it was horrible! I have teenage kids who live with me and it was so bizarre that even the stuff my kids were eating that I never ate prior to surgery like chinese food, if they were eating it and I smelled it, wow I wanted it, though I never cared for that kinda food. It went away after a couple of weeks, but for that little while I knew what "detoxing" :blink: meant! Now I don't crave hardly anything anymore, except a piece of chocolate maybe every once in a while. But I haven't had any carbs in two months and don't want any. (I was a carb-a-holic prior to surgery). I worried to for a while but the forum helped me see that alot of us go through it.

Don't worry it will go away. Blessings to you!! :D

Yes, I'm trying to figure out how to make it thru 6 weeks of this! My NUT was adiment that I don't eat eggs or Beans yet...bummer! I am eating oatmeal puréed, and for now that tastes good. Gotta come up with a smoothie that is appealing now. Thanks for all the advice!

I am 3 days out of surgery and feeling the same way. Making food for the family is the hardest thing to do. My doc has me on 1 wk of Clear Liquids then 1 wk of clear liquids and protien shakes before I can start soft food. I know most of it is in my head, but all food just smells so good right now. Good luck to everyone and it's nice to hear that I am not alone either.... :rolleyes:

I found that the more rtd Protein Drinks I drank each day took away any cravings.

Soft foods...cream of wheat, malt-o-meal, grits, oatmeal, Creamy Soups help, and mashed potatoes with canned chicken mixed into gravy, 1% cottage cheese with canned pears or peaches, refried Beans with melted cheese, pudding, yogurt. Also, which ever Protein Drink that tastes good to you...I like the Pure Protein drink in frosty chocolate. I'm 9 weeks out and I can eat solids...but tiny servings, you will feel that restriction with solids and know when to stop fairly soon. Good Luck and keep on sipping liquids, I love iced tea and Mio drops in Water.< /p>

Yes' date=' I'm trying to figure out how to make it thru 6 weeks of this! My NUT was adiment that I don't eat eggs or Beans yet...bummer! I am eating oatmeal puréed, and for now that tastes good. Gotta come up with a smoothie that is appealing now. Thanks for all the advice![/quote']

Do you have a juicer? If so take a scoop of vanilla Protein, juice some strawberries, put in with your Protein then freeze a couple strawberries puréed! Taste pretty similar to a strawberry Julious

I'm almost a year out and my saving grace was instant mashed potato with a bit of fat free shredded cheddar....once you get on your mushies that will be like heaven for you! In the days of liquids my doctor allowed me fat free sugar free ice cream and I had that with a dollap of fat free sugar free whipped cream and Sugar Free Chocolate syrup....like a sundae. It was fantastic and felt so good cold and sliding down my hurting belly:) You can do this momma! Don't sweat it AT ALL! the hard part is maintaining without getting out of control. This past week I lost control at my class end of the year party and I just put myself on the 5 day pouch test to get my head back in the right place.....we are all here to support each other and if you have any questions at all you feel free to ask as I have been through all of this already! Also, when you get on to mushies another great option is refried Beans in the can topped with fat free sour cream, a bit of guac and some fat free shredded cheddar and some mild salsa yumbo! and just two tablespoons and I was done. I also (and still do) live on sunflower seeds. I ate those at about three weeks out and have been hooked ever since. They are a great source of Fiber, Protein and magnesium.....so delish

Those ideas sound great italianlady13! I was told no on the ref. Beans by my NUT. But I am looking forward to everything you listed SOON!! Thank you all for the encouragement! We went out to eat for fathers day over the weekend and I had an ultimate potato Soup...it was delicious and totally filling and I only ate about 1/2 of the tiny cup portion. It was great to full that quick, and not crave anymore.