Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I asked my Dietician about the fact that my nose starts to run as I'm eating. She smiled, nodded and said, "That's your signal". She said that she hears this often. She told me that I should stop eating when it happens, to avoid becoming too full. I know this sounds crazy, but it happens like clockwork. I'm like a little puppy or kitten with my wet nose. =^..^=

sorry its been so long since my post, as I am sure you are all waiting on pins and needles for my post :wub: .

almost 3 weeks post op and things are a roller coaster for me, today seems to be a good day. it has been very emotional for me, I used to cook for stress, and now I can't and this has to be the second most stressfull event in my life. I was doing pretty good until Tuesday ( my two week follow up), where my doctor approved me to move onto phase 3. So I came home and at a scrambled egg, well I may have overdone it a bit and got a little sick, and since then I feel like something is stuck in the back of my throat. I moves from time to time but won't go away, I have gone back to liquids but it is very frustrating.

I am just having a terribly difficult time learning the signals from my body, I think once this thing in my throat is gone I will be very happy and be on the way to feeling like myself again.

Hang in there...3 weeks here and going through the same thing. People don't understand when you say

its more emotional than physical. Today has been horrible at work. I have ZERO patience and usually I'd go out and eat.

I stopped at the local chinese resturant and bought take out on mushie foods. Trying to eat some but my chest tightens

up and then makes a growling noice everytime I take a bite. Its very frusturating. I can't get out and do much

from the pain still linguiring from the drain site. yep, Im ticked today. I had the feeling of food getting stuck when

I tried soft foods. I still have that most times now. So ready for some kind of normal. Hopeful to start swimming

again next week and get some form of exercise in.

Hope you feel better soon. Don't be discouraged. They say it will get better. You can still cook, just make things you

can eat now...try recipes like smoothies instead or mushie casseroles you can freeze for the week.

Take care of yourself and vent on here when you need to.

I had mine jun the 25th my fitness pal tamata1865

Dam it's tamara1965 look me up

Daniel I'm sorry you are going through so much trouble. I had that feeling in my throat when I took too big a bite or ate too fast. I actually get hungry a bit and have to reel myself in to eat slow and small. There is always a little fear that my tummy will feel too full or I will have problems swallowing. After I thee up the first time I threw up I realized I really needed to listen to my body. I don't know how else to support you other than take it way and listen to your body. We are all in this new journey together.

Better late than never! I had surgery Tuesday June 26 in Australia, which means June 25 in USA!!

I'm really struggling with my hernias but the sleeve is great. I have no weightloss goals or expectations yet, although I have lost.

I was 103 kilos June 21 and 92.6 now

Which is 227 lbs and now 204 lbs. so what's that, 23 lbs? I'm afraid to put expectation on myself for the short term, high Protein and healing are at the forefront for me.

Just toying with puréed food for a couple of days! Yum!

I haven't checked in for a while. Since having surgery on June 25th, I've lost 20 pounds. I lost 43 before surgery so I'm down 63 pounds since January. This have been going o.k. I did get an infection in one of my incisions; the surgeon cut the stitch to help it drain. I'm on liquid Keflex and will be done with the antibiotics in a couple days. Worried the wound won't close up but will have to wait and see. As far as food I've just moved up to pureed food. Did clear liquid for 2 weeks, full liquids for 1 week and starting a couple days early on the pureed. My sensitivity to taste has changed, I pureed some zucchini and added a teaspoon of pesto I made before surgery. Can't believe how garlicky it is! I'll have to add more veggies. Now seeing just how hard I was on my stomach;( In any case post a new YouTube video on Monday for my 3 weeks out. I have already posted a 3 day and 10 day video. Just type "Rachel's Life After Gastric Sleeve Surgery" in the YouTube search bar. Hoping we all get through the first 6 weeks without too many bumps!

Rachel

I was sleeved on the .25th of June and doing great. I so glad I got done. I will be 3 weeks on Monday my fitness pal is tamara1865

Sorry I hit the wrong key tamara1965

I just posted my 3 weeks post-op video for those interested. You can find it here

or by typing "Rachel's Life After Gastric Sleeve Surgery 3 Weeks Out" in the YouTube search bar. Hope everyone is well.

Better late than never! I had surgery Tuesday June 26 in Australia' date=' which means June 25 in USA!!

I'm really struggling with my hernias but the sleeve is great. I have no weightloss goals or expectations yet, although I have lost.

I was 103 kilos June 21 and 92.6 now

Which is 227 lbs and now 204 lbs. so what's that, 23 lbs? I'm afraid to put expectation on myself for the short term, high Protein and healing are at the forefront for me.

Just toying with puréed food for a couple of days! Yum![/quote']

We are about the same pre-op weight (my surgery is 8/18). Your first month weightloss is great! Congrats! Did you do a pre-op diet? I'm not required to but was thinking it may make recovery more comfortable. On the other hand, I was thinking I may not lose that quickly the first month if my body is already on low carb, high protein or liquids only.

I got the go ahead to resume aqua aerobics. I walked 10 laps in the pool yesterday anticipating a hour of aqua aerobics today. I was only able to do a half hour, not fully recovered from surgery yet. I know if I push myself too hard I can damage my new stomach. I've always gone full tilt boogie, this is a change for me but it's o.k. I'm 4 weeks out today!