Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stayed one night in hospital. Was up and walking within 2 hours of surgery. Currently on 3 week liquid diet, week 4 is puréed, week 5 is diced and week 6 to be normal, with new portions etc.

I am living off of Protein shakes, low sodium broth, sf Jello and v8 juice and getting my 64 oz of H2O and at least 60 gm of Protein. So far so good!

Still using my spirometer and walking for 30 minutes a few times daily.

Feeling pretty good. I can lie down on back or side and sleep. Bowels are in good working order :)

Pain is minimum, but I don't want to rush my recovery. Staying the course and following doctors orders.

chewable multi Vitamins, chewable Calcium citrate and D wafers, B12 sublingual and taking anti reflux purple pill and another to reduce instances of gallbladder stones.

I HAVE NOT NEEDED MY DIABETES MEDS! Sugars are in check!

Only a couple days in, but very happy with surgery and where I am physically and emotionally.

Wish my ticker would show up on iPad!

Sent from my iPad using VST

Actually, your signature ticker IS showing on the online forum! Congrats on your success so far and welcome to the loser's bench! :)

Actually' date=' your signature ticker IS showing on the online forum! Congrats on your success so far and welcome to the loser's bench! :)[/quote']

This is fantastic to hear!!! i wish you all the luck and a speedy recovery. Although, you definitely seem to be on the road to being a loser!!!

My surgery is a week away and i really hope to have such a positive posting after surgery!!

I especially like the part about not needing diabetic medications. I know everyone is different, but I'm looking forward to weight loss surgery so I can either rid myself of diabetes or bring it to a minimum. Congratulations to you.

This is fantastic to hear!!! i wish you all the luck and a speedy recovery. Although' date=' you definitely seem to be on the road to being a loser!!!

My surgery is a week away and i really hope to have such a positive posting after surgery!![/quote']

Thank you. All I can say is: use the spirometer 10 times an hour. Try and get up and walk as often as possible. I know all doctors say different things, but spirometer usage and walking, IMHO, have contributed to my recovery.

Good luck with your surgery!

I had my surgery May 29. You sound exactly like I did the first week. No pain meds needed, walked, Protein Drinks, chewables, etc. Just don't overdo because this week, I'm feeling more pain and indigestion. I keep forgetting to take tiny sips!

Anyway, feeling tired this week, more so than last. Hopefully, everthing will feel better shortly. Just don't over do it because you feel so good it's not worth it.

It's so good to hear that you are doing so well! I hope I have such luck!

Congrats on your sleeve!

I especially like the part about not needing diabetic medications. I know everyone is different' date=' but I'm looking forward to weight loss surgery so I can either rid myself of diabetes or bring it to a minimum. Congratulations to you.[/quote']

It was the main reason I got the surgery.

Bs this am was 159, why not below 130, it was better than expected. The rest of the day was 120's afternoon and 103 before bed. Can't wait for am numbers to get below 130!

Good luck with your surgery.

I had my surgery May 29. You sound exactly like I did the first week. No pain meds needed' date=' walked, Protein drinks, chewables, etc. Just don't overdo because this week, I'm feeling more pain and indigestion. I keep forgetting to take tiny sips!

Anyway, feeling tired this week, more so than last. Hopefully, everthing will feel better shortly. Just don't over do it because you feel so good it's not worth it.[/quote']

Very similar, and I agree, you will have days energy levels will be low. Just stick to the master plan and everything will eventually work out :). Good luck and thanks for the post.

It's so good to hear that you are doing so well! I hope I have such luck!

Congrats on your sleeve!

Thank you. Just do what you know is right. I think walking and spirometer usage really helped. Good luck with your surgery. KEEP THE FAITH :)

My doctor insisted my BS levels be below 150 for at least two weeks. I've done a great job of really watching my diet (carbs) so I'll take him my chart (& meter) tomorrow so he can record for himself. At my initial visit to the hospital I weighed in at 302. As of today I'm 290. By the way, what's a spirometer?

My doctor insisted my BS levels be below 150 for at least two weeks. I've done a great job of really watching my diet (carbs) so I'll take him my chart (& meter) tomorrow so he can record for himself. At my initial visit to the hospital I weighed in at 302. As of today I'm 290. By the way' date=' what's a spirometer?[/quote']

Great job! Spirometer... Here is a link.

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/services/surgery/hic_how_to_use_an_incentive_spirometer.aspx

It can explain better than I :)

This is my surgeon, she was great!

post-22530-13813658922805_thumb.png

Funny - my Dr was Top Doctor in the Washington State magazine. I think I'm feeling a bit more pain than you are experiencing but I also lst 2 liters of blood during the surgery. Just got home today but have had a nasty headache all day.