Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm So Discouraged And So Disappointed

The first week of my stall I could actually feel myself losing inches and my clothes were fitting different. This past week or so that hasn't happened and I don't feel a difference..... I guess that's when I started being disappointed.

I'm trying to keep positive...... and all your posts and good thoughts are helping.

I'll let you all know when this stall breaks.

Keep in mind your body at some point is going to be confused because all of a sudden' date=' you are dropping weight and it's not used to that. It's going to try and cling to it but it will let go soon enough. It's probably due to the shock to the system - you'll be losing like crazy soon enough, no doubt :)[/quote']

Keep eating in regular intervals. This will help your body to keep from going into storage mode. When you go for long stretches without nourishment you're body identifies that as starvation and will try to retain what it has. Conversely if you are eating a little something every 2-3 hrs your bode feels it can rely on a steady supply & is more willing to release its stores.

OMG I am SOOOOOO happy I found this thread. I am 3 weeks out today and have been at 307 for 3 days. I started at 330 sd was 326. I was getting sooo frustrated and depressed I am glad to see that this is only a phase. I am on soft foods but exercise makes me soo tired I am almost usless the next day. How long each day do you excercise? I did 15 mins on treadmill then 15 mins on stationary bike then a couple of chest machines and then I had to go grocery shopping. I was useless the next day. Is this "normal"

OMG I am SOOOOOO happy I found this thread. I am 3 weeks out today and have been at 307 for 3 days. I started at 330 sd was 326. I was getting sooo frustrated and depressed I am glad to see that this is only a phase. I am on soft foods but exercise makes me soo tired I am almost usless the next day. How long each day do you excercise? I did 15 mins on treadmill then 15 mins on stationary bike then a couple of chest machines and then I had to go grocery shopping. I was useless the next day. Is this "normal"

Hi Beach,

I had to start out slow right after surgery too, because I also tired easily. At first I couldn't even walk around the block. The last walk I took was probably 1 1/2 miles..... so I'm improving. However, my favorite exercise is swimming. I get in and make sure I am moving for 30 minutes a day.

Hope your stall ends quickly :)

I was still so weak 3 weeks post op and did not really start exercising until about 5-6 weeks. I think you are doing great, but listen to your body. Remember if you have a c-section you are not released for exercise until 6 weeks and this surgery is more invasive so if you can't really ramp up your exercise until 6 weeks post op this is normal and understandable. Your body is still in shock and in recovery from surgery. Your weight loss will come soon enough, but take care of you first.

LOL - I wonder if there's a Guiness World Book record for this?

If there is I've got you beat by miles. So if nothing else, it could always be worse.

I'm coming up on my 9th week of no loss in weight/measurements. For perspective, I've been sleeved going on 12 weeks. I don't do pity party and I'm a sucky cheerleader, but let's get a little reality check here.

You were sleeved on May 4th, and you "stalled" (sorry, but you're not stalled) starting May 19th. Yeah, that's exactly what's expected.

Your "stall" has lasted 3 weeks now. That's exactly in the middle of the 2 - 4 week average, so again - exactly what's expected.

It seems like you're expecting to have constant weightloss and that's just not realistic. Our bodies don't work that way. Just the glycogen cycle in your liver alone can occupy 8 - 10 lbs, and it's all kinds of whacky right now.

At about 5 weeks it might be time to start trying to switch things up a bit. You can actually initiate "stalls" by getting stuck in too much of a routine. I'm currently (still) trying to increase calories, carbs and Protein, and decrease exercise. I know that sounds counterintuitive but too much of a caloric defecit can hinder more than help.

Our bodies have had hundreds of thousands of years to learn how to survive. They are masters at survival, but they are not sentient. They don't know "diet" they just know you're starving and they are going to try and do whatever they can to prevent that from happening. Your body is doing exactly what it is supposed to do.

jhansen's post reminded me of one of my most frustrating stalls... to get to wonderland (below 200). it took forever. i still have my "up a lb./down a lb." game (last week it was up 4 / down 4 lbs grrr) but i keep on doing what i'm supposed to and VOILA, it finally comes off! (so far)

i'm varying my workouts (or rather, trying to) and increasing my Water... and it's helping. hope that helps someone! but don't give up... you can do this!