Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm So Discouraged And So Disappointed

Surgery 5/4/12 and I lost weight really well until the dreaded stall began 5/19/12 and unfortunately is still going strong. I was 203 on the 19th and this morning I weighed 204.... my lowest was 202.

I've been so good, I've followed my diet, I've increased my exercise, I drink my Water, I'm using Fitnesspal and nothing..... except a

BIG FAT ZERO!!!!

I was so upset yesterday I had a full blown pity party and pouted the whole day!!!!

I'm so discouraged and so disappointed :(

I had a two week long stall between weeks 3-5. I did everything right and GAINED a pound!! Finally, it started coming off again, but during that time I was very depressed.

Not sure why this happens at about the same time for everyone, but at least you know you're not alone. You will start losing again.

This happens and the pounds will come off. I have been in a stall for 4 weeks and I am about ready to throw the scale out the window. You are doing all the right things! Keep it up and you'll push through!

Please don't get discouraged - even when the scale isn't moving and you are doing everything right it is just your body adjusting to what you are doing - don't forget to measure - you will be surprised!!!

It will happen. Keep on the right track. Stalls don't last forever(though sometimes it feels that way) if you keep doing your part.

Same thing happened to me..... BUT I was losing INCHES!!! I stalled for a good 2 -2 1/2 weeks.

It is so frustrating when we stall and it feels like yet another failure on our list. But it's not a failure. Your body is most likely adjusting and redistributing the weight loss. Hope you took measurements, if you haven't, now would be a great time. ;) You are just like everyone else. We all have stalls. So frustrating. ;)

Very well said dorrie!

It is so frustrating when we stall and it feels like yet another failure on our list. But it's not a failure. Your body is most likely adjusting and redistributing the weight loss. Hope you took measurements, if you haven't, now would be a great time. ;) You are just like everyone else. We all have stalls. So frustrating. ;)

Thanks for the encouragement..... it does mean a lot to have you cheering me on.

Another day, and just weighed...... still stuck at 203. Ugh!!!

I did take my measurements before I started and did lose inches last week, but this week I didn't, so..... I guess that really got to me.

LOL - I wonder if there's a Guiness World Book record for this?

A few things...

I was stalled 9 days post op for 3 weeks. You talk about disappointed, but the 4th week I dropped 4 lbs and had consistent weight loss until the next stall (I am 12 weeks post op and on my 3rd stall). I've lost 44 lbs so it will happen for you too. You just need to prepare yourself mentally that stalls ARE going to happen and be ready to ride them out.

The other thing I wanted to share (and I consider this my 3rd stall) is that my body has wanted to hang on to the 200 mark. 5 weeks ago I weighed 204.6 and like you I have been working out, eating Protein and even drinking a ton of Water and I finally got under the 200 mark yesterday (barely at 199.8). I would lose a few ounces, then gain a pound, lose a few ounces and gain back some ounces, etc. for 5 weeks this was happening. I still may go back over 200, but at least I know it won't got to 204.6 as I have slowly been losing ounces.

We all go through stalls at different times and for different lengths, but hopefully hearing other people's stories it will show you how similar our journeys can be and seeing someone further out than you will give you hope and understanding that this is all normal.

Good luck to you and the rest of us losers!!!

A few things...

I was stalled 9 days post op for 3 weeks. You talk about disappointed, but the 4th week I dropped 4 lbs and had consistent weight loss until the next stall (I am 12 weeks post op and on my 3rd stall). I've lost 44 lbs so it will happen for you too. You just need to prepare yourself mentally that stalls ARE going to happen and be ready to ride them out.

The other thing I wanted to share (and I consider this my 3rd stall) is that my body has wanted to hang on to the 200 mark. 5 weeks ago I weighed 204.6 and like you I have been working out, eating Protein and even drinking a ton of Water and I finally got under the 200 mark yesterday (barely at 199.8). I would lose a few ounces, then gain a pound, lose a few ounces and gain back some ounces, etc. for 5 weeks this was happening. I still may go back over 200, but at least I know it won't got to 204.6 as I have slowly been losing ounces.

We all go through stalls at different times and for different lengths, but hopefully hearing other people's stories it will show you how similar our journeys can be and seeing someone further out than you will give you hope and understanding that this is all normal.

Good luck to you and the rest of us losers!!!

Thank you..... you've given me hope.

I'm 16 days out and I am having the same problem!!! Thanks for your post and everyone that commented it gives me great encouragement!!! I need to take measurements though because I never thought about the inches I guess I figured the weight would drastically drop but I'm realizing it is still work and for that I'm greatful because I am learning a whole new way of life!!!!

Im going through my first stall at almost a month out. Been stuck at 243 some days 244 for a bit over a week. We just have to stay encouraged as best as possible. My 28th bday is June 24th and I was hoping to have aboyt 40#s gone but alas it seems that will not be the case :/.... So I'm hopeful that the weight loss will really kick in high gear soon bedside I too use fp and have been making really good choices. Best of luck and my prayers are up for all of you fellow sleevers for continued successes :)

Tmf

I was sleeved 4/9 and am now in my THIRD stall. They seem to last 2-3 weeks at a time, then I'll lose a few lbs over a few days, then back to stall. Was 254 on SD (started at 275) and am now at 235. I can't really complain about -19 at 8.5 weeks, but it IS frustrating. I finally took the scale out of the bathroom and try not to weigh more than 1x week. It was making me crazy.

This is coming from the world's most impatient person, but try try try to be as patient as you can. It will eventually come down.

Try to focus your thoughts on exercise and eating right. Exercising and tracking my progress on myfitnesspal has kept me from being completely bonkers.

Keep in mind your body at some point is going to be confused because all of a sudden, you are dropping weight and it's not used to that. It's going to try and cling to it but it will let go soon enough. It's probably due to the shock to the system - you'll be losing like crazy soon enough, no doubt :)