Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much will a 4cc band hold?

Sounds like a silly question but it is a serious one. I just had my 3rd fill and they filled my 4cc band to 4cc. I asked if that meant I wouldn't be able to get any more the Dr (and I trust him very much) said that a 4cc can take more than 4cc. Anyone ever hear this or have any experience or info on this? Thanks

Linda

Banded 6/5/06

-45 pounds

ps I don't know how to do one of those fancy scrollers at the bottom.

My doctor told me a 4cc band can actually hold up to 5cc's. Makes ya wonder why it's called a 4cc band though, huh?

Wish I could tell you more. Maybe you should contact Inamed and ask them. If you do, come back and tell us! lol

Are they sure they're getting your fill into your band and that your band doesn't have a leak? I know everyone is different, but I couldn't swallow my own spit at 1.9cc in my 4cc band!

Thanks for responding. Yes, they are getting the fill in. I watch it on fluoro while it's being done and my last fill was all still there so no leaks. I probably have an extra large stomach and I know I have an extra large appetite. Ha!

Linda

I am at 3.5cc and I can feel restriction, but can still eat normally (but way less) as long as I chew really good.

Ahhhhhh! The difference is how much further away from my goal than you two.

Nanny2Trey, you're down 45 pounds - - how far are you from your goal?

Donna, that's what my doc said when I pointed out that I'm happy enough with what restriction I have but I'm surprised that 2.5 doesnt give me more than what it does, given other people's experience.

He said its a smaller stomach, not a bigger one that means you need more Fluid (d'oh, of course) and that I would not have an overly large amount of intra-abdominal fat anymore.

Donna B,

I'm still 100 pounds from my goal. So, I wonder what will happen to my restriction as I lose more weight. I understand that it gets looser as you lose and I don't have much wiggle room for more fills. Of course, I must always find something to worry about. Ha!

Linda

I didn't get perfect sweet spot restriction till I got to 3.2ccs in my 4cc band. Now it is easy eating. I DEFINATELY know when to stop....

~Liz~

03/10/06

241/169/160

5'7''

Sounds like a silly question but it is a serious one. I just had my 3rd fill and they filled my 4cc band to 4cc. I asked if that meant I wouldn't be able to get any more the Dr (and I trust him very much) said that a 4cc can take more than 4cc. Anyone ever hear this or have any experience or info on this? Thanks

Linda

Banded 6/5/06

-45 pounds

ps I don't know how to do one of those fancy scrollers at the bottom.

I have a 10cm band which holds 4cc. When I asked my doc a few weeks ago how much a 10 cm band holds, he said they are a 4cc band but he often puts 5 cc in them. I asked if that made them at risk for popping and he laughed and said no. Why don't they just call it a 5cc band then???:)

Foodstampchamp,

I so agree. Makes no sense to have a 4cc band yet it holds 5cc. I'm just worried that 5cc won't be enough as I now have 4 and still can't say I have major restriction. I usually stop eating because I think I should not because my band says I have to. I guess I didn't understand the works of the band as well as I thought I did. I thought I would eat a few bites of each of my meal items and I would feel full and stop. I stop but I know I could eat a lot more. Guess I have a few kinks to work out. I guess what I am doing is working because I have lost 47 pounds now but it just isn't working the way I had anticipated.

Thanks for everyone's input.

PS, I would love to know how to make those banners at the bottom of everyone's messages.

Linda

Nanny-

If someone could just come out with band for your brain that goes along with the band for your stomach life would be so grand. I deal with head hunger issues all the time . I have eatten more than the appropriate amount yet I'm still hungry. I have not been filled yet though. First fill sept 12. I do know this, the first few weeks I was banded I was swollen so it mimiced a fill. And I couldn't eat hardly ANYTHING. so I'm hoping that is what I am to expect.

I have a 4 cc band and just got a fill yesturday, I had about 2cc's in it and then he added 3.3cc's so its more than 5, sooooo It hold s a lot