Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My First Week On Self-Imposed Liquid Protein Diet. (Start: 667, Current: 557)

This is the week, I feel like my journey REALLY began.

I began a self-imposed liquid diet(mostly liquid anyhow).

I got my surgery date! (July 2nd Yay!)

I lost 10 pounds.

I have been really pushing myself to workout.

I just got back from krogers where I parked at the back of the parking lot, and walked as long as I could inside before getting a shopping cart to lean on - and then I couldn't find what I was looking for so literally spent like 25-30 minutes walking today..

Now last week I couldn't walk around the block.

I've also been doing Ultimate Fighting Challenge on Xbox Kinect almost nightly, and am trying to start up turbo-jam. After I get through w/ turbo-jam I'm going to begin doing P90X - that'll be um...interesting.

Each night before bed I do stair pushups as well and squats in front of the stairs(so I can fall back and sit down when I need to lol). I started w/ 5 stair pushups and am now at 20 on the 6th stair up. When I get to 50 I'm moving down a stair.

My diet has been really good and I just feel really on track and motivated...though could always use more SVs and NSVs lol to keep me motivated - I just hope I'm building a lot of muscle which will weigh more but in the end help me lose more too.

I'm attaching my weekly food/exercise journal - I think I did pretty good...except for Friday and Saturday. Each day is a new day, and I'm finding this forum to be a HUGE wealth of information and motivation. I think the forum is almost as good as the surgery itself! - -well not the forum, but the people in it, and the community here. Thanks for welcoming me!

Week1-Pre-op-NutritionReportPatrickcurl.png

Direct link: http://www.fitbeginning.com/images/Week1-Pre-op-NutritionReportPatrickcurl.png

Great job! Stay focused and keep up the good work!

Patrick you truly are an inspiration...your excitement is so helpful to others...Im 5 weeks since surgery and love reading how positive you and othes are! x

Wow, I'm impressed!

Love your last sentence about Independence Day! That is very appropriate. I sent you friend requests on fb and MFP. I am not too far into my journey either, hope we can inspire each other.

Great job Patrick! You can do this! It gets easier on the liquid diet. I think you are very smart to start it a month out. It will shrink your liver and make it easier to operate on you, less chance of a complicated surgery. You will be so glad you started exercising now. Get all that initial soreness out of the way so you can walk a lot after surgery and recover faster.

I am so glad you wrote that about the stair pushups. I never thought of doing that and I cant hardly do one regular one. I have stairs at home and I am going to start doing those! Can you tell me how to start that? How do you choose which stair to start on and do you keep your feet on the bottom or on a stair? Thanks for any advice you could give me on this. I have lost almost 90% of my weight but I am not in shape at all. Thanks again!

Basically you just put your hands against the stairs, about shoulder width apart - feet on the floor, and do pushups... I don't know if my feet should be tippy toe or flat though when I do it.. I just do what feels like right.. it's kinda like a wall pushup only a little lower so there's more gravity/resistance against you.

Great job Patrick! You can do this! It gets easier on the liquid diet. I think you are very smart to start it a month out. It will shrink your liver and make it easier to operate on you, less chance of a complicated surgery. You will be so glad you started exercising now. Get all that initial soreness out of the way so you can walk a lot after surgery and recover faster.

I am so glad you wrote that about the stair pushups. I never thought of doing that and I cant hardly do one regular one. I have stairs at home and I am going to start doing those! Can you tell me how to start that? How do you choose which stair to start on and do you keep your feet on the bottom or on a stair? Thanks for any advice you could give me on this. I have lost almost 90% of my weight but I am not in shape at all. Thanks again!

Great job!! OMG and you do push ups and squats. I don't even move a finger pre op :( specially on the liquid diet, BIG kudos to you. I don't think I have you on my MFP, I will look for ya :) My name is Lillie81 there!!

Great job!! OMG and you do push ups and squats. I don't even move a finger pre op :( specially on the liquid diet,BIG kudos to you. I don't think I have you on my MFP, I will look for ya :) My name is Lillie81 there!!

Well - i got more to lose than about 80% of y'all I would imagine - so I want to beef things up, plus I'm in extremely good condition all things considered - but still health is a ticking time-bomb that could turn sour anyday. But I'm going to one day make the 400 pound club(losing 400, not weighing)..

Awesome Job! It truly will get easier and you go along. I have conquered the whole head-hunger thing by doing this in advance and I think that will make life post op so much easier for us. Youre inspiring! Best of luck and keep us posted.

Thanks, I actually started my pre op, on memorial day and have lost 25 pounds. I started at 670, I'm now 645. Trying for 10 more by s day week from monday.

Wow congrats!! I never thought of stair pushups. I can't do normal pushups, so I'm totally going to try the stair idea and hope it works for me. Thanks & GL on the rest of the weight loss. :)

So proud! Good for you! That is awesome! My surgery is July 23rd and I cannot wait!

omg patrick i have turbo jam also. and i just look at the dvd's i have several of them. i feel you 100 percent buddy. i walked my dog when i got off work last night couldnt finish the block whew i am so out of shape. i remember i use to do turbo jam everyday i was addicted, oh to get there again.

i also started my partial liquid diet i dont have my date yet but i am starting before the date.

IM WITH YOU PATRICK. HANG IN THERE