Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I agree with the other folks who say you guys are looking great! I know your frustration because I am 17 months out and still have about 25 lbs to lose. I continue to lose, just very slowly, and I suggest that as your goal. Don't be discouraged, but do continue with your healthy habits so that you lose a few lbs a month. It will add up eventually!

plain and simple too many calories...you should eat healthier not less...fat free cheeses, little/no cooking oil, low carbs <60 per day...this isn't the way you eat forever just until you get to goal..I was told to have 800 calories or less plus 70oz of water...eat Protein first and it fills you up longer...this shoul have been done for the first 6 months to a year

Jack links turkey Jerky has twice as much protien perserving than reg beef jerky.I love it

Um, no it doesn't. I has the exact same amount of Protein, but does have less calories.

a) you look amazing

B) you cannot nor should not compare yourself to your hubby!! EVER>> remember Men are from MARS girlfriend!!!!

c) From my personal experience I have not been able to eat more than 1000 calories since way before my surgery- In my change I have become a vegetarian and relying fruits and veggies (occasional) fish for my food and let me tell you- since dong soo I feel 1000% better, lighter, healthier NEVER hungry and I can eat what I want when I want and how much of it I want because it is good for me.... not saying this is for everyone by any means- BUT if you feel you may be eating too much- you should try adding more fruits and veggies you can NEVER get too much of those and they fill you right away-

Just a quick question, how do you get your Protein in? Is it all from fish or shakes?

I was recently wishing I could switch but then realized how hard it would be to get in 70g Protein.

a) you look amazing

B) you cannot nor should not compare yourself to your hubby!! EVER>> remember Men are from MARS girlfriend!!!!

c) From my personal experience I have not been able to eat more than 1000 calories since way before my surgery- In my change I have become a vegetarian and relying fruits and veggies (occasional) fish for my food and let me tell you- since dong soo I feel 1000% better, lighter, healthier NEVER hungry and I can eat what I want when I want and how much of it I want because it is good for me.... not saying this is for everyone by any means- BUT if you feel you may be eating too much- you should try adding more fruits and veggies you can NEVER get too much of those and they fill you right away-

Just a quick question' date=' how do you get your Protein in? Is it all from fish or shakes?

I was recently wishing I could switch but then realized how hard it would be to get in 70g Protein.< /p>

[/quote']

You do it anyway you can/like...protein shakes Protein Bars...fish, chicken, lean meat, egg, fat free cheese...My favorite food is a ham and cheese omelet...1 egg is 6 grams of protein, 1/4 cup of fat free cheese is 9 grams of protein and 1 slice of low fat low sodium ham is 6 grams of protein...total=21 grams in a small meal

thank you so much for your honesty. This is really good information for people who haven't been sleeved yet. The surgery is a great help, but not a cure all. Thanks again! And I look forward to how the psychologist sessions go.

I don't have any advice because different things work for different people I just waned to tell you that I know exactly where you are coming from however I am not disappointed.

I started at 390 and was sleeved 13 months ago, I have lost 128 lbs so we are the same at 262 right now. Over the last few months I haven't been tracking anything, eating small amounts of pretty much anything i want and I haven't lost anything. I lost that 128 lbs without any exercise.

I am now at a point where I know I have to exercise to go further. The sleeve is only our tool and in my opinion even if I never lost another pound it saved my life. I used a handicap sticker a year ago because my feet and ankles hurt so bad to walk and I got so out of breath I would have to take breaks walking into the office from my car. I no longer use my CPAP mask.

We have the same goal, I want to lose at least 63 more lbs and I have come to the realization that I am gonna have to bust my bum to get there. My husband and I joined a gym last week. I am tracking what i eat even if it isn't so good and my calories have been hovering around 1400 a day this past week. I went to my first Yoga class today and it kicked my ass but I did it and I am so happy and feel great. I hope this is the boost I need to get the scale going in the right direction again.

I didn't read all of the other posts here, i just skimmed them but I think lowering the calories a bit and changing up the exercises may get you going back in the right direction. I hope that is what it will do for me.

Don't give up. You can do it!!

Haha thanks, but I was replying to lml who said she is vegetarian. :)

I don't know if I could get enough Protein in if I was.

You do it anyway you can/like...protein shakes Protein bars...fish, chicken, lean meat, egg, fat free cheese...My favorite food is a ham and cheese omelet...1 egg is 6 grams of protein, 1/4 cup of fat free cheese is 9 grams of protein and 1 slice of low fat low sodium ham is 6 grams of protein...total=21 grams in a small meal

I don't have any advice because different things work for different people I just waned to tell you that I know exactly where you are coming from however I am not disappointed.

I started at 390 and was sleeved 13 months ago' date=' I have lost 128 lbs so we are the same at 262 right now. Over the last few months I haven't been tracking anything, eating small amounts of pretty much anything i want and I haven't lost anything. I lost that 128 lbs without any exercise.

I am now at a point where I know I have to exercise to go further. The sleeve is only our tool and in my opinion even if I never lost another pound it saved my life. I used a handicap sticker a year ago because my feet and ankles hurt so bad to walk and I got so out of breath I would have to take breaks walking into the office from my car. I no longer use my CPAP mask.

We have the same goal, I want to lose at least 63 more lbs and I have come to the realization that I am gonna have to bust my bum to get there. My husband and I joined a gym last week. I am tracking what i eat even if it isn't so good and my calories have been hovering around 1400 a day this past week. I went to my first Yoga class today and it kicked my ass but I did it and I am so happy and feel great. I hope this is the boost I need to get the scale going in the right direction again.

I didn't read all of the other posts here, i just skimmed them but I think lowering the calories a bit and changing up the exercises may get you going back in the right direction. I hope that is what it will do for me.

Don't give up. You can do it!![/quote']

Now dats what I'm talkin' about. Motivation & personal responsibility. YOU DA MAN!!!!!! oops I mean WOMAN:D

This is a great thread - there is NOT a one-size-fits-all solution to weight loss or there wouldn't be a single obese person in the world. I like seeing not only experienced vets chiming in with what they suggest but also seeing pre-sleeved folks here educating themselves on life after the sleeve.

This is what the community is here for. I wish the OP the best - she got dozens and dozens of great suggestions here and I hope that something clicks and becomes the answer to help her reach goal.

It can be done. Just another reminder that there isn't a time limit. Your sleeve is not a pouch that stretches easily or malabsorption that stops working after a year. It's there and even if it takes far longer than you want to reach goal, know that you have the power and the tool to get there if you keep trying.

Best!

~Cheri

Um, no it doesn't. I has the exact same amount of Protein, but does have less calories.

I did go look at the packages and there are some beef Jerky that only has 9 grams of protein per serving and then there are some that have 10,and 13. but there are several that are15 per serving just like the turkey.,so I was wrong,but turkey is better

Have you tried beef Jerky? I don't know about all of it' date=' but I know the Jack Link's that I buy is low calorie, almost no carbs or fat, and has 15 grams of Protein per serving. It fills me up and stays in my sleeve for much longer than fruit. I have never tasted beef jerky until a couple of weeks ago and was surprised to actually enjoy it. I like the peppered kind the best....nice and spicy.[/quote']

I use jack links tender cuts often and easier then the usable dry jerky, it is low car low fat high protien.".......

The past two week I have been traveling first week was in the deep deep woods in primitive camp site no Water or anything closest store was a gas station a hour away my family ate thier normal... And I lived on jerky, PB crackers fruit and Isopure drinks, eggs, and cheese. I lost 4 lbs week two was Florida walking all day at aquriume and Lego land ect lost 5 lbs despite all the park foods and eating out....

sleeved 4/23/12 Sent from my iPad using VST

It took almost three long months to understand the sleeve is a tool and if u don't do ur part it will not work.......good luck and keep trucking girlfriend.....