Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Get/consider A "neck Lift"?

I am considering a neck and arm lift. When I was MO, I had a lot of fat around my neck and in my upper arms. Now I have batwings and a sort of displeasing neckline. I've found lots of info on arm lifts, but not as much on neck lifts. Has anyone here had one or considered one?

I have a waddle under my neck, and in profile it looks like my neck starts right under my chin and makes a 45 degree angle for the base of my neck. So instead of being a defined area that looks more like a 90 degree angle, I have this slooping neck. I've always been self conscious about it, and now that I've lost the weight I am even more so.

I don't want to do anything to my face, so I don't want a "Face lift" I just want my neck tightened. I wonder how painful and involved it is, where the stiches go, and what the recovery time looks like. I haven't found a surgeon yet, so I wanted to start with asking other patients.

Thanks in advance!

I will be getting my neck, underneath my chin and my jowels done, but not for at least a year. I want to see how much more I lose, how much my skin tightens, and I will probably schedule it with a "first wave" of surgeries, so I have to wait till I meed enough work that it becomes medically necessary, so it will be excused medical with work, and I will get my long-term disability benefits if it extends over two weeks in healing ;)

A friend of mine went to life lift that's advertised on TV. She had it a 3 weeks ago and said she had a lot of discomfort. She didn't return to work for at least 2 weeks. I plan on having this procedure done in about 1 year. ;) I have a turkey neck and jowls. LOL

Yup, count me amoung those who already posted. I have the turkey neck which I will assess at my 2 year surgiversary. I figure by then I will have lost whatever I am going to lose and my skin will have rebound as best it can.

I had a neck lift along with a face lift. My double chins turned into saggy wrinkles after my weight loss. The incisions for the neck lift are right under my chin, hidden in shadow, and in my hair around the back of my neck. I used to have a mole right under my chin and now it is about 2 inches further back toward my throat, so my surgeon removed a lot of saggy skin. I have a 90 degree angle now and a beautifully defined jawline. It was not painful for me and recovery was pretty short, about a week and I could cover the bruising with scarves or a turtleneck. I am very pleased.

Foxbins, do you mind sharing who you went to? I would love those results! Was reading this thread after looking at a picture of my turkey neck!!!

I went to a surgeon in Costa Rica--Dr. Alejandro Lev. His coordinator's website is www.eternallyvain.com. If you decide to go, have your surgery in the clinic. It's loads cheaper and I'd rather pay for the surgeon than the hospital. I am a terrible photographer but there is a woman on www.makemeheal.com who had surgery with Dr. Lev a couple months after me and she has posted pics there. I think her screen name is JustLooking or JustLookingToo, can't remember which.