Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SOTC thread...Why NOT to post when your angry

Agnostic here too. (but everyone can believe what they want)..I apparently missed the mudslinging too (yay) To say you don't want to be friends with anyone, yet want support?? Sorry.....not from me. That (in my humble opinion) was mean. I'll show you support but you have to be nice.

whoo-hoo not even the full moon yet (9/7) I can't imagine what it will be like then?????? LOL:devious :wacko: :blah:

Agnostic here too. (but everyone can believe what they want)..I apparently missed the mudslinging too (yay) To say you don't want to be friends with anyone, yet want support?? Sorry.....not from me. That (in my humble opinion) was mean. I'll show you support but you have to be nice.

Your right.. It was mean.. I didnt mean it the way it came out... I have considered editing the post but so many people have responded to what I wrote it wouldnt be right to edit it. I wrote it with anger and that was a mistake. I said I wasn't friends with anyone here because I didnt want anyone thinking I was taking sides.. When I said I had no desire to know anyone here it was an attempt to prevent people trying to recruit me to their side..Which by the way didnt work... I have nothing against anyone here as people.. I have a problem with attitudes and actions of people towards each other using God and christianity to make themselves look good or make someone else look bad. I am NOT talking about the true statements of caring from people that they will pray for someone in need. I am talking about the snide remarks that "I will pray for you" that people throw in each others faces to try to rebuke someone. Prayer is a gift from God to us so that we may communicate with Him intimately. People have wrote to me on here and in private to tell me that I need God.. My response to that is YOURE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!!! I need Him very much.. And I love Him very much. And I am sure He is ashamed of the anger I had in my original post. I feel like I got my message across but I did not have to be so nasty about it. Please forgive me.

Kathy

PS.. Moderators can feel free to lock this thread....

Your right.. It was mean.. I didnt mean it the way it came out... I have considered editing the post but so many people have responded to what I wrote it wouldnt be right to edit it. I wrote it with anger and that was a mistake. I said I wasn't friends with anyone here because I didnt want anyone thinking I was taking sides.. When I said I had no desire to know anyone here it was an attempt to prevent people trying to recruit me to their side..Which by the way didnt work... I have nothing against anyone here as people.. I have a problem with attitudes and actions of people towards each other using God and christianity to make themselves look good or make someone else look bad. I am NOT talking about true statements of caring that you will pray for someone but snide remarks that "I will pray for you" to try to rebuke someone. Prayer is a gift from God to us so that we may communicate with Him intimately. People have wrote to me on here and in private to tell me that I need God.. My response to that is YOURE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!!! I need Him very much.. And I love Him very much. And I am sure He is ashamed of the anger I had in my original post. I feel like I got my message across but I did not have to be so nasty about it. Please forgive me.

Kathy

PS.. Moderators can feel free to lock this thread....

Okee dokee Kathy...you are forgiven. I totally understand getting mad...I was there this week too. (what I did was post my anger in my journal so that those who chose to read it could and it wouldn't just be "put out there for all to see") Some people are just insensitive. Like I said, I am agnostic, but you know, I believe that everyone has to believe in something, and whatever that something is ---is okay by me!!!)

So don't fret.......the response to your post wasn't as bad as others....I am sure most will forgive. :wacko:

Don't worry - we all get hoppin' mad sometimes. That's when the uglies come out. Fortunately, most people can tell the difference between a sincere prayer for your wellbeing and a slap in the face out of self-importance --- which, by the way, I agree is despicable. Now if we could all learn a little more patience and throw in a nice big dollop 'just-walk-away' life would be so much more pleasant. Easier said than done, and to be congratulated in those who have mastered it. I know I'm still a work in progress.

(Note to self: must go get a look at Bettina's journal rant!) (Just kidding!)

Many non-believers' last words have been, "Oh, God." However, It may have been too late.

I'm just curious how you know that? Or is it just a saying that you heard someone else say once? I mean, how many non-believers in their dying hour have you been around? Just curious. I love this thread. I value EVERYONE'S opinon. This just made me curious.

I have been around many dying patients but I don't run to the chart to see what their religion is. It simply doesn't matter. As an RN for over 2 decades, I can tell you that holding the hand of a dying patient transcends words. If a family member asks for a priest, rabbi, minister, etc., we put the call out to oblige their wishes.

I am Catholic but that never comes into play when I am dealing with a dying patient and the family members. You do what the patient or family wants you to do. Simple things like lowering the lights, providing an extra pillow, closing the curtain for privacy, playing the patient's favorite music... that's what matters.

The focus should never be on "what is your religion" but rather, "what can I do to help you?"

Wow, I haven't the foggiest idea what prompted this. But this thread was hot! All that yelling-and in color too! Impressive. But... I never read the original thread about whatever, so I kinda missed the party.

But since I am in such a good mood tonight I just wanted you all to know that on the subject of religion-Jesus loves you but I am His favorite.

hee hee hee (its a joke son)

I have been around many dying patients but I don't run to the chart to see what their religion is. It simply doesn't matter. As an RN for over 2 decades, I can tell you that holding the hand of a dying patient transcends words. If a family member asks for a priest, rabbi, minister, etc., we put the call out to oblige their wishes.

I am Catholic but that never comes into play when I am dealing with a dying patient and the family members. You do what the patient or family wants you to do. Simple things like lowering the lights, providing an extra pillow, closing the curtain for privacy, playing the patient's favorite music... that's what matters.

The focus should never be on "what is your religion" but rather, "what can I do to help you?"

That's real great. I respect what you do. It takes special kind of people to do those jobs. But you were not the one I was asking that question to.

I believe a quick quotation here sums up pretty much the whole thread and should be applied, whatever belief system (or disbelief) that you follow.

"To err is human, but to forigve is divine"

I think we could all do with feeling divine, now and again :)

I was taken to the hosp once in an ambulance :sick (one and only time-knock wood) I was scared out of my mind ...and all alone. A Catholic Priest came along and spoke to me (I am Methodist by parents choice...Agnostic by my own choice) I was so relieved that he came to see me and so happy that someone cared. --It turned out to be a reaction to Doxycycline...omg that was awful!!!!!!. While in Europe last year (with the girl scouts) the tour guide too us to many many churches....one girl wouldn't go in because she was atheist...which was sad because her mom wore a cross all the time and poor woman couldn't go in because of this brat (not that athiests are brats, just this girl..ugh)...anyway back on topic...it was a spiritual experience!!!! You could just feel the presence of the people in the past (i love history:biggrin1: !!!!)...it was awesome! I lit a few candles while there too. I lit a candle and asked the Saints for safe passage home...my daughter and I were where the London bombings were and missed it by a few hours...ugh talk about scary. The ancient history of these churches was amazing. I don't believe in organized religion (that doesn't mean i think its bad...it just doesn't fit in my realm of thinking. (yet I am very spiritual) My point of all this babble is that people should not be too quick to judge others based on religious beliefs. Why can't we all just get along...lol.:tired :cry

3Gloves-

Yes, I am a cheese psychopath actually LOL!!!! (while I was on liquids a whole freakin week ago I had used Campbells cheese Soup to satisfy my sick depraved urges for cheese no matter the form) Just please don't start dancing again! But I digress...

I know I am contributing to the sick continuous length of this wild thread but I can't seem to help myself. Another one of my faves is WWJD? The most obvious answer is "anything He wants". I would be imagine that would be an obvious perk of being God? BTW I am a lapsed Roman Catholic in case anyone is remotely interested. And I firmly believe that God has a big ole honking sense of humor. Gotta go to bed already.

Sweet dreams everyone.