Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can we have Oikos greek yogurt? I see that is has 18 gms. of sugar. If not what kind can we have?

All doctors are different, but the NUTS at his office tell us to follow the "5-10-15 rule" .... Which is 5 grams or less of total fat, 10 grams or less of carbs, and 15 grams or more of Protein.< /p>

I was told only 5 grams of sugar in regular items but if its dairy no more then 12 grams I found non fat yoplay (sp) honey greek yogurt with only 10 grams of sugar and they taste pretty good :)

Its great for post op soft foods where it has the high Protein. I found the vanilla flavor has less sugar in it than the ones with fruit in the bottom. For the small portion that it is, I think it makes a great high protein snack or the occasional "sweet treat"

I can't eat much so I like the chobani champions for kids (Greek yogurt). Its only 3oz at 8 grams of Protein. The honeynana is my favorite. I'm assuming the regular size would be double the amount of protein.

I like Fage greek yogurt at 23 grams Protein for 1 cup. It tastes like sour cream. When I was on the liquid and soft foods diets it saved me from having to drink Protein Drinks.< /p>

The plain or vanilla flavors have less sugar than the fruit flavors. I was told to stay away from the fruit ones, and be sure to get the fat free kind. Greek yogurt definitely has more Protein than regular yogurt.

My NUT isn't the best in the world but she told me to eat oikos as my number 1 choice. She said it tastes better. But then again she is not opposed to almost anything and recommends chicken fingers as an everyday meal. But you never know... she has been doing this foralong time and may have a reason she is not too picky with what I eat.

If you want to lower your carbs, eat plain Greek yogurt. If you put about 2 tablespoons of cheesecake sf pudding and a splash of Torrini's or DeVinchi sf Syrup, it's a very nice treat! I love to use the coconut syrup.

I eat Fage or chaboni 99% of the time plain. I will add a fresh peach or strawberries or canned fruit in Water. It still adds carbs and sugar but it has no added sugar and low on the glycemic index. The fruit on bottom has a lot of added sugar to add "flavor"

I haven't had any problem with the oikos yogurts. My son and I like the key lime flavor (he calls it slime-eel yogurt). I think I've read that Protein slows down the rate at which sugar hits your system so maybe the high protein content of the yogurt balances out the sugar? There are definitely lower sugar options for yogurt but many people don't like yogurt at all so maybe that's what your Nut is thinking - better the sugar than not enough protein?

My NUT said Chobani Greek Yogurt, non-fat, any flavor is just fine. She said with the high Protein, it's an excellent choice and told me not to worry about the carbs for this one. Pretty much everything else that I am eating is so low carb that one high-carb meal a day is not an issue.

I use Fage plain and add some trivia and some fat free strawberry preserves. I have heard to try some Dry SF pudding mixed in.

I'm not a big yogurt eater, as I believe the body is not designed to digest dairy products. However I have seen several posts where people buy plain yogurt & flavor it with Mio, sounded odd to me, but since multiple ppl say they like it it might be worth a shot.

Hey I never thought of using the Mio drops. I use the Torrini sf syrups or DaVinci sf Syrup.< /p>

I do love the Greek yogurts that have the fruit in them, but the carbs are very high. I have also put SF jam in the plain. It's really good when you add in a little sf pudding mix. The syrups thin out he yogurt but the pudding thickends it back up and makes it quite tasty.