Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't Take The Protein Drinks, Also Getting Dehydrated

Each day gets better and better, still probably not drinking enough but I try to get a couple sugar-free popsicles in too. I've also found that so far, the only Protein Drink I even half way like is Pure Protein....love the chocolate shakes and I'm normally not a fan of chocolate! Thanks for the great ideas and encouragment! :)

Hi

PLEASE drink your liquids! I was sleeved with gallbladder removal on 5/25. Sad to say i hospitalized again a week ago today for dehydration. It was horrible. I put myself on a schedule for Water. I have an app got my phone called waterlogged that really helps me keep track. The app is free. Both the doctors and nurses stressed get ur liquids in before protien. Anything counts sf Popsicles, crystal light, broth etc.. I know it is hard but it gets better. I like the unjury chocolate. I can handle it with milk. Best of luck to you. Drink up! :)

Now i do get all my Water, water down juice.and low carb. Protein slim fast shake, broth. One week out down 15lb. Tried water down apple sauce

I hate the Protein Shakes that I bought, but I found if I add in a TBLS of sugar free/fat free pudding mix, it is doable.

Right after surgery I like the low calorie gatorades they went down pretty well, my surgeon said anything that helped me get Water in was good

I hate the Protein shakes that I bought, but I found if I add in a TBLS of sugar free/fat free pudding mix, it is doable.

I'm going to have to try this because nearly all of the protien shake powders I have taste aweful right now....

Maybe this can get me through my last week of full liquids..

I'm going to have to try this because nearly all of the protien shake powders I have taste aweful right now....

Maybe this can get me through my last week of full liquids..

This also helped kill the nasty smell of the PP.

Try to drink the ready to drink Protein Drinks. they are considered liquid and in my opinion taste much better than the powdered. before my surgery I bought a big tub of Unjury chicken broth and chocolate Protein Powder and couldn't stand either and dumped them. But I liked the rtd ones. they have Premier Portien drinks at costco in chocolate and vanilla that taste really good. This way you will stay hydreated as well as get in alot of Protein. Try to sip ALL day long on Water. Room temp will be more comfortable than ice cold at first. try mio flavoring in it so you don't get bored with the water. Don't forget that sf popsicles and sf Jello are considered liquids too. hope you feel better soon.

Thank you both so much! I'm sure I was most likely told this somewhere along the line' date=' but there was SO much info and instructions to take in that I was overwhelmed! Going to put the Protein powder and shakes away for now and concentrate on Water.....is Crystal Light ok, or should it be plain Water? By the way, you both look like you're doing a great job with your weight loss![/quote']

Special k makes a Protein powdered drink. Try that!!!

I JUST drank ABout Time cinammon swirl in almond milk. OMG. It is the best Protein drink I have ever have and I am PICKY!!!!!

I'm 1 week out(sleeved on 6/11) I don't realy know what hunger feels like yet. I have no energy. I hate Protein Shakes and its soooooo hard to get that in and so far sugar free popsicles are the love of my life cause they are my liquid meal. Its hard to get Water in aswell. I'm so scared of getting dehydrated! I walk in spurts when I can but again I have no energy! ( my walk is more of a waddle btw!) Am I alone with this ?????? Oh I'm not a fan of the pain meds so I haven't had any in 2.5 days cause they make me itch like crazy and I get loopy from them. Id rather deal with the pain than have that weird feeling with added severe itching.#HELP

I'm 1 week out(sleeved on 6/11) I don't realy know what hunger feels like yet. I have no energy. I hate Protein shakes and its soooooo hard to get that in and so far sugar free popsicles are the love of my life cause they are my liquid meal. Its hard to get Water in aswell. I'm so scared of getting dehydrated! I walk in spurts when I can but again I have no energy! ( my walk is more of a waddle btw!) Am I alone with this ?????? Oh I'm not a fan of the pain meds so I haven't had any in 2.5 days cause they make me itch like crazy and I get loopy from them. Id rather deal with the pain than have that weird feeling with added severe itching.#HELP

At 1 week out, I'd concentrate more on getting your liquids in and sorry less about the Protein. Try warm liquids such as broths too. I'm 12 days out and warm still goes down better than cold. Feeling weak is normal for as early out as you are. Get rest. Your energy will come. Mine is already back quite a bit and I'm only a few days ahead of you.

Your walk is probably a waddle due to pain. Mine was. Call your doctor. There are other pain meds out there.

Take care.

At 1 week out' date=' I'd concentrate more on getting your liquids in and sorry less about the Protein. Try warm liquids such as broths too. I'm 12 days out and warm still goes down better than cold. Feeling weak is normal for as early out as you are. Get rest. Your energy will come. Mine is already back quite a bit and I'm only a few days ahead of you.

Your walk is probably a waddle due to pain. Mine was. Call your doctor. There are other pain meds out there.

Take care.[/quote']

Thanks I'm not a big pain med person to begin with. I also forgot to ask about the abdominal binders. I have one now that I only remove for showering. Oh yea forgot to mention failed lap band from 2008. Lots of abdominal & epigastric issues that lead to my surgeon to push for the sleeve.

Thanks I'm not a big pain med person to begin with. I also forgot to ask about the abdominal binders. I have one now that I only remove for showering. Oh yea forgot to mention failed lap band from 2008. Lots of abdominal & epigastric issues that lead to my surgeon to push for the sleeve.

This is my only WLS and I am thankful everyday that I found out about it. I was initially going to do the band but decided on VSG due to all the complications I read about with the band and I decided I didn't wanna have to deal with all the fills.

I'm 1 week out(sleeved on 6/11) I don't realy know what hunger feels like yet. I have no energy. I hate Protein shakes and its soooooo hard to get that in and so far sugar free popsicles are the love of my life cause they are my liquid meal. Its hard to get Water in aswell. I'm so scared of getting dehydrated! I walk in spurts when I can but again I have no energy! ( my walk is more of a waddle btw!) Am I alone with this ?????? Oh I'm not a fan of the pain meds so I haven't had any in 2.5 days cause they make me itch like crazy and I get loopy from them. Id rather deal with the pain than have that weird feeling with added severe itching.#HELP

I was sleeved on the 12th. I hate pain meds too. They make me nauseous! I haven't taken any since the afternoon after surgery. I rather just tough it out. I am not in much pain anymore. I just hate the stupid drain tube and will feel so much better once it is out.

I, too, despise the Protein Shakes. I am having trouble getting in my Protein and Water. Yesterday was probably the worst day as far as energy. I was really weak. I haven't walked much and feel guilty about that. I have been getting up and doing things around the house though. I just don't trust walking outside when I am so weak. I have only walked outside once for ten minutes and I was SOOO light headed.

I have decided that I am going to force myself to drink my Protein Shakes first today. I really need my strength back.

Anyways, I just wanted to let you know you are not alone! I am feeling the same way. We will get thru this. ((hugs))