Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not only did I spend months, not Weeks, stalking this site before I became a member, I also directly messaged no less than 10 of each Drs past patients BC I wanted 1st hand answers to my questions. Then I flat out asked Almanza's coordinator,I believe her name is Louise, who confirmed every single thing I just posted. So I guess Ur right. I don't know 1st hand. And I won't either BC those situations are not something I want to deal with. ME, personally. I'm thankful and happy that you were ok with it and had an amazing experience. Kudos to u. So many people say "well what do u expect for that kinda money"or "what do u expect your going to Mexico"... What I expect is the same or better care and situations that I'd have in the USA. No less.

Sorry for the double post. My phone is going crazy on me

Well since it is mexico ...keep in mind it is NOT the US...it will NOT be the same....it will be different,, ,,but that is not to say that it wont be comparable..and /or better...just different. .I hope that u get what u expect and want..but as for Louise to say yes to those things I doubt, because I too talked to her....and altho she is not in that capacity anymore, Alexis has taken over Louise's job. She is located in Tiajauna and was trained by Melissa, who I did not only get to meet, but spent an evening with. Alexis is right on top of everything and responds to emails somethings even within minutes... good luck in your endeavors all

Well I know what I asked and I know what Louise said. What you doubt is of no consequence to me other than you may as well be calling me a liar. Six of one, half a dozen of another.

I'm doing a video log on YouTube so I guess I'll be showing whether or not the firm I've chosen to go through is up to par. My sister had a fantastic experience in Mexico and I'm expecting no less. Good luck on your continued weight loss :)

Hi Sunshine Squirt!

I had my lap band done in Mexico in 2010 through BeLiteWeight, with Dr. Jose Rodriguez. I am again going back for my sleeve surgery. I believe he is a superior doctor, (there are many in Mexico!), and I really felt safe and taken care of when I was there the first time. His prices are a little more than Alvarez, but far less than say Aceves (who has received excellent reviews).

I contemplated using Dr. Alvarez because he is so cheap. I did a lot of research and although I think he is a great surgeon, I read some things that scared me. He does do several surgeries in one day. Most of the Mexican surgeons do, but some of them do far less which is reassuring. He works out of a clinic which makes me a little uneasy, even though I've heard there is a nearby ICU. There were a few hold ups/robberies that were confirmed by Dr. Alvarez's staff. That freaked me out. They also have recovery houses that people can choose to stay in, or a hotel. The recovery houses have more than one bed in each room and relatives/spouses cannot stay with you there. I have heard from a reliable source that there are reasons why doctors like Alvarez can do their surgeries so cheap. They don't use brand name staples and materials. I know for a fact that Dr. Rodriguez uses Johnson & Johnson staples, Allergan bands, etc... That is worth the extra money to me. My facilitator said you can contact companies and ask them if a certain doctor or hospital uses their products.

With Dr. Rodriguez, I'll be staying at the hospital for three full nights which is all included in the price. My husband can also stay in my room with me. I stayed there in 2010, so I know that the rooms are very clean, and have private full baths with shower, toilet, and sink. (And a flat screen tv with English TV!) Dr. Rodriguez and his staff of doctors all speak English which is comforting. I've heard that Alvarez does not speak

English but has a translator. (Not vital, just personal comfort levels I guess).

If you want more info, I'd be happy to connect you with my AWESOME facilitator, Jessica. I've known her since 2010, and she literally gives you her home phone to call her. She answers my emails within the hour. She is amazing. I love Beliteweight and I totally trust them. http://www.beliteweight.com/

Good luck to you!!

Erika

These are exactly the same reasons I chose Dr Rodriguez as well! I am doing my surgery at the Star Medica in Juarez though. It is new and has great reviews plus I'm in Texas and airfare to El Paso as opposed to San Diego was A LOT cheaper! I didn't know about the off brand staples etc though! Jessica at Belightweight is my co-ordinator too! She is so knowledgable, quick with any questions I have and always available. I have called her at 8am Texas time not realizing it is 6am her time! She answers and never said anything haha!

Regardless of all of my reasons, go with your heart and research EVERYTHING about each Doc you are considering. There are so many and you hear good things about all of them so just go with what you are comfortable with! I chose to pay a little more because of Dr Rodriguez's reputation, experience, and creditials and the hospital being beside the US Embassy and also being new and modern made my decision easier. Another great resource is the youtube videos, I watched hours and hours of them, all different docs, hospitals, etc. Good luck with your journey!!!

you should see this one forum where a girl is bad mouthing one doctor...then when i wrote about dr almanza she said oh she was "confused" ...she relly meant him and then another one said she had talked to the coordinator who confirmed all her sleazy lies!!! well i talked to that same coordinator and she said nothingof the kind...i wrote back that i had s talked to her and doubted what she had written...she said that i was calling her a liar...well? if the truth fits wear it, right? guilty conscence???? the confused one said she had gotten all her "info" from a nurse that worked somewhere...i cant remember.. and told here all the "lies" which she couldnt even get right when she first posted them...think she said alvarez as to why she chose aceves....i told them unless they had actually been there (hearing from others wasnt the same as they too can lie) that what they were saying wasnt really telling the truth.... oh theres a good one that the staples arent the right kind....what do they think, that he just goes into the local office max and buys regular ones for the stapler???

i would choose a doctor near me too if there was travel costs involved.... one that is close to homeis always better especially if complications....i didnt look to juarez altho technically it isnt much further.....i was thinking of the beaach and being cool this time of year!!!! and i coould have chosen mexicali for being closer as well as having excellent doctors...i was truely thinking beach and cooler......and it was cooler...i almost had to buy a poncho but it warmer up by the time i went shopping the day after surgery

Wow, someone missed a dose of their meds...

For the record, since your ex is a doctor,u should know that all staples aren't created equally in the operating room. My surgeon uses the covidien tri-staple, as do both Drs Aceves and Alvarez :)

FTR, it's not a "special" stapler, and most of these drs use either covidian or J&J. I know this because I asked every one of them and they all had the same answer. :).

Dr Aceves, Dr Alvarez and Dr Kelly all said the same thing: they prefer covidian. All have used both Covidian and J&J and all prefer covidian, but all also said J&J is just fine, just a little more cumbersome.

Hello everyone,

Please keep in mind we always allow discussions and viewpoints from all, as long as they remain respectful, without name calling and kept to first hand knowledge and accounts of all Surgeons.

We prefer not to moderate with an Iron fist here, so I on behalf of the moderation staff I ask that we perhaps bring the topic back down as this subject at hand, which is very helpful to many seeking information on the prices of Mexico Sleeve Surgery.

Thanking you in advance.

I am also posting a direct link to the Terms at which everyone agreed to when signing up to this website: http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules