Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Everyone.

So it looks like I may have to wait for 1.5 years before my surgery with my local surgeon. I have heard some good things about Dr. Alvarez from you guys in Mexico. For those who went to Mexico, how much did it cost surgery and all?

Niki

I went to Dr. Garcia in Tijuana on May 7th 2012. My total cost of surgery, hospital stay (2 nights), hotel (3 nights), and all medications were $5000. It was an amazing experience and my husband was treated like a king while we were there. You never feel alone and have the best care money can buy. The Marriott was amazing and the hospital was so clean I was so pleased. I would not trade my experience for anything. I love the doctors. I saw 4 of them everyday. I just cannot express the level of care I received and my husband too.

Hope this helps.

I went to Dr. Garcia in Tijuana on May 7th 2012. My total cost of surgery, hospital stay (2 nights), hotel (3 nights), and all medications were $5000. It was an amazing experience and my husband was treated like a king while we were there. You never feel alone and have the best care money can buy. The Marriott was amazing and the hospital was so clean I was so pleased. I would not trade my experience for anything. I love the doctors. I saw 4 of them everyday. I just cannot express the level of care I received and my husband too.

Hope this helps.

Was this the new hospital everyone keeps talking about?

I was at Mi Doctor Hospital. I do not believe it is a new one.

I went to dr. Ponce de leon in Tijuana and my total stay was $5500. That included 3 hospital nights and 2 hotel nights and all meals out of the hospital for me and my aunt who came with me.

I chose the INT hospital which was nice and small -- 7 rooms per floor so you always had the same nurse. It had a nice big shower and was a big private room. I also got a video of my surgery :)

$8750 for dr Aceves. Really battled with it since others were cheaper...but when I compared the stats that were important to me, and couldn't find anyone with anything negative to say, I took some time to check my gut. And it just "felt" right. The best advice or heard from anyone is do your research, ask the things that are most important to you, and go with your gut! It just has to be right for you...not anyone else!

I was sleeved May 28 th with Dr. Garcia in Tijuana as well. $5000 covered everything except the flight to San Diego. It truly was a wonderful experience. My husband was very skeptical of this whole process and it took a lot of convienceing for me to talk him into this and now he is constantly singing their praises. We were treated like royalty from everyone involved. From the driver that picks you up in San Diego, the hotel staff, the hospital staff...everyone was so curtious and professional. I have been an ICU nurse here in the states for over 12 years. The hospital there was cleaner than any hospital i have ever worked in. The area was safe. We walked to Walmart to get some drinks and Snacks for my husband a couple of times and never felt unsafe. I would recommend Dr. Garcia to anyone. He even has a general practitioner that sees you everyday as well in case you have other medical problems that need to be managed while you are there. They truly are on top of there game. We were beyond impressed!!

$6500 here. That was for 4 nights in the hotel I took a friend with me so I didn't have to check out of my room if you go alone you check out and then back in. or fly in the morning of you surgery. My meds cost about $160 because I was allergic to one brand so I had to pay more for mine. I think they are like $130 ish

Hi Sunshine Squirt!

I had my lap band done in Mexico in 2010 through BeLiteWeight, with Dr. Jose Rodriguez. I am again going back for my sleeve surgery. I believe he is a superior doctor, (there are many in Mexico!), and I really felt safe and taken care of when I was there the first time. His prices are a little more than Almanza, but far less than say Aceves (who has received excellent reviews).

I contemplated using Dr. Almanza because he is so cheap. I did a lot of research and although I think he is a great surgeon, I read some things that scared me. He does do several surgeries in one day. Most of the Mexican surgeons do, but some of them do far less which is reassuring. He works out of a clinic which makes me a little uneasy, even though I've heard there is a nearby ICU. There were a few hold ups/robberies that were confirmed by Dr. Almanza's staff. (Louise) That freaked me out. They also have recovery houses that people can choose to stay in, or a hotel. The recovery houses have more than one bed in each room and relatives/spouses cannot stay with you there. I have heard from a reliable source that there are reasons why doctors like Almanza can do their surgeries so cheap. They don't use brand name staples and materials. I know for a fact that Dr. Rodriguez uses Johnson & Johnson staples, Allergan bands, etc... That is worth the extra money to me. My facilitator said you can contact companies and ask them if a certain doctor or hospital uses their products.

With Dr. Rodriguez, I'll be staying at the hospital for three full nights which is all included in the price. My husband can also stay in my room with me. I stayed there in 2010, so I know that the rooms are very clean, and have private full baths with shower, toilet, and sink. (And a flat screen tv with English TV!) Dr. Rodriguez and his staff of doctors all speak English which is comforting. I've heard that Almanza does not speak

English but has a translator. (Not vital, just personal comfort levels I guess).

If you want more info, I'd be happy to connect you with my AWESOME facilitator, Jessica. I've known her since 2010, and she literally gives you her home phone to call her. She answers my emails within the hour. She is amazing. I love Beliteweight and I totally trust them. http://www.beliteweight.com/

Good luck to you!!

Erika

My husband and I had the surgery with dr. Kelly in Tijuana 2 days ago. Wow! What a great experience so far. We checked in at the hospital Thursday and had the surgery on Friday, I was just checked to a nice hotel this morning. The hospital care was amazing, I wish we could get this type of care in the US. Dr. Kelly, his wife Ceci, and his assistant Omar are amazing. They have been with us all the time. Just came back from shopping with Omar the doctors assistant. They are taking us tomorrow to do the laser teeth whitening. They've made us feel like part of their family, which is so important when you are far away from home. My flight back home is on Tuesday at 11am, they included a night hotel at San Diego as well. And of course they are taking us around San diego as well. You should check dr. Kelly out he studied in the US and has amazing experience. He charged me $5500 and included transfers from San Diego to Tijuana, 3 nights hospital stay, one night at the Lucerna hotel in Tijuana, meals while at the hotel, transfers to the hotel in San Diego and hotel stay in San Diego. Also all the medication. There's a lot of information about Dr Kelly on line. Call Omar for more info (619) 395-5347. Good luck

I forgot to mention that I was at INT hospital in Tijuana like one of the other people posted--just a different doctor. It is not a huge hospital, but very clean and professional. I don't know your location, but I know Dr. Rod does surgeries at Star Medica hospital in Juarez also. If I wasnt close to San Diego, I would definitely go there...it looks super nice. It is also a very large hospital--so again, personal preference. I will get you a price as well! I can't remember exact, I will ask my husband. :)

Another happy Aceves patient here for $8750. No nausea, no vomiting, no pain, all post-op days were spent in the hospital. At goal in 8 months and below goal now. I have heard Alvarez is good, too.

I am paying 7800, but I am a band to sleeve revision. It is more like 7000 for an initial sleeve through Beliteweight. :)

I totally agree with gastricsleeve4me I haven't had surgery I'm scheduled the 30th and my price is $8750 with dr Aceves $500 was my deposit. I also could have gone cheaper but my personal family dr went to him and he is doing great

I am only 7 days post-op & totally thrilled that I went to Mexicali Bariatric. Dr. Aceves has an excellent reputation & was able to schedule my surgery within a couple if months. The staff at the hospital was wonderful. I spent 3 days in Mexicali and they were wonderful. My husband said we might go back for plastics with his practice as well.

Good luck with all the big decisions.