Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

56 Days Ago I Weighed 260 Lbs... 

56 days ago I weighed 260 lbs...

And today I weigh 218! I just thought id give an update because I remember loving them when i was pre-op.

I can't believe I have lost 42 lbs in such a short time, and so easily. I wore 20/22 jeans and now am in a 16. I feel great, can eat mostly anything but sweets. Sweets make me vomit! I'm also having trouble with Protein shakes - they all taste disgusting and sometimes cause nausea, sometimes vomiting. I've found some Protein Bars that taste good so I've been supplementing with those. I eat a lot of chicken, shrimp, eggs, cheese, veggie burgers, etc... I've cheated a handful of times and had crackers or Cookies or potatoes... but try to forgive myself and just move on. I'm sure I'd have lost more at this point if I'd been more strict on my diet.

I haven't done much exercise (okay none) but am getting to the point that I'm about ready to start.

So far this has been easy and painless. I still go out to dinner and cook for my family. I have more energy for life and am looking forward to getting to my goal of 160. I'm 5'8" and was 180 and size 12 all through high school and into my early 20's. I looked great so I'll be very happy at 180. That seems achievable now - only 48 lbs away.

This surgery has already changed my life, given me hope for a happy future. I'd given up and almost accepted that I'd be fat for the rest of my life, obese like my parents. Now I'm excited for my daughter (2 yrs old) to have a mother that is healthy and pretty and will be there for all her activities, sports, school functions, etc... And I will NOT be the fat one hiding in the back!

Thanks to everyone for all the support & encouragement you've given. I'm so thankful for this surgery and this community.

Have a great day, everyone.

-Felicity

That's awesome! Congrats. I'm pre-op and I love to see updates. Save my spot on the losers bench. I'll be there on the 27th of this month.

Wow that's so inspiring to me. I'm 12 days post op and I'm losing pretty quickly too. I'm in medical school and I have my white coat Ceramony in 8 weeks. I set a goal of 60lbs and I'm 37lbs away. I didn't think it could be done but you've lost 42lbs in the same amount of time so thanks for inspiring me. I'm still on liquids and the foods you're eating sound delicious and I can't wait to start eating real food again even if it's healthy food.

That is awesome!! You sound like youare doing great. I go in on the 5 th.. Scared but excited all in one. Congrats on all your weight loss!

Congratulations on your progress. It's heartening to hear success stories like this and when you start exercising I'm sure things will get even better. Exercising actually something I look forward to. My particular exercise, is walking I walk briskly every day and I absolutely love how it makes me feel. Walking and swinging your arms increases muscle tone all over.

Yaaay Felicity, you are doing fantastic! I know, it feels so good doesnt it? Keep up the fantastic work!

I am very new to VST but love love love reading the success stories its what makes me so much more excited!! Congrats to you and keep up the amazing work!

Oh I cant wait, thanks for inspiration!!!

Yayyy! Congrats!

Thank you for sharing! I am in month 3 of my 6 month PCP visits and have been questioning if this is right for me (now I am thankful for the 6 months) and reading things like this mean I am headed in the right direction!

Congrats and keep rockin' that sleeve! LUV it!

Congrats! I am pre-op and love these updates just like you did. They give such inspiration! Anyway, congrats again and here's to many more successes!

Another pre-op here. I love reading how everyone is doing

Sent from my SCH-I800 using VST