Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Las Vegas, Nv Dr. Atkinson

Has anyone else used Dr Atkinson or Dr Soong?? I am scheduling surgery and want to hear from other patients about their experiences... please share the good and bad

thanks

Dr. Atkinson performed my surgery May of 2012. He was great, no complications at all. He also repaired hiatal hernia. Everything so far has been amazing. I am happy with my results and my journey. I really like Dr. Grace also, he does all of the office follow up visits and Karen the dietician. She is very helpful during the first few months when it is the hardest. Make sure you have her email so you can send her questions if you have any concerns. Best of luck. Let me know if you have any more questions.

If you dont mind me asking what kind of insurance did you have/ what did it cover?

Did you finance the rest through Dr Atkinson's office?

If you dont mind me asking what kind of insurance did you have/ what did it cover?

Did you finance the rest through Dr Atkinson's office?

I have HPN and I use southwest medical. If you meet their requirements, they will pay 5k towards the procedure. You have to pay 11k. I paid part and used care credit for part. They requirements are you have to be ascertain bmi and or have medical factors from your weight. You also have to meet with a dietician for a few months. Your primary care doctor is the one to talk to. I am 10 months out and it was the best decision I ever made

Dr. Atkinson did my surgery. He is great. Surgery was done at Desert Springs Hospital.

Dr Atkinson did my surgery 11/2012 he was great I have lost 72lbs and I have Humana and my total out of pocket was $100 great insurance,.Good Luck

Im wondering about excess skin after losing so much weight so fast ... how are you doing regarding skin?? Can you live with it ?

Im wondering about excess skin after losing so much weight so fast ... how are you doing regarding skin?? Can you live with it ?

I went today Dr today and I'm 6months out and 85lbs down..I have No loose skin I do a lot of Zumba and Zumba Toning..Weight Trading really helps

I also have HPN and am using Southwest Medical along with Dr.Atkinson, will be completing my 3 month weight management with Southwest this week. I havent gained, but I havent lost either, is this going to hamper HPN's decision to approve me for surgery?

I used HPN. My weight went up and down. It did not stop me from being allowed to get the surgery. You have to meet the BMI and or have comorbidities.