Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 9 weeks post surgery & worry every day about what I'm eating. I'm not hungry, I should eat, did I eat the right thing, did I eat enough, did I eat too much, should I squeeze in a vegetable even though I'm full...When will this worry go away?

What do you eat on an average day?

At this point, don't squeeze anything in especially if you're feeling full. There is a reason behind not eating until full.

If you are logging your food intake, and hitting your Protein and Fluid goals at this stage, you are doing fine.

I'm 3 years out, and pregnant so what I'm eating today is no where close to what you would be eating in your losing stage. During my losing stage, I ate 600-800 calories, 640z of clear fluids, 60+grams of Protein and no more than 30-40grams of carbs per day. I ate 4 meals per day, no Snacks, no Protein drinks, every meal had to have a minimum of 15grams of protein to ensure I hit that 60grams of protein. Keeping that regimen gave me two things; 1) It kept me satisfied because I was eating protein 2) kept me in my caloric and carb guideline for optimal results.

For me, my "worry" obsessiveness didn't go away until I was over a year out, and then I had to realize I was below goal, maintaining that I had to start living life as normal as possible.

I'm 6 wks postop tomorrow, and I am the same way. I'm anxious to hear what others will say and what guidelines they use. Thanks for posting this.

I'm almost 6 months out And still stress. Aim for 3-5 meals a day. Start with Protein don't force more food than your sleeve wants. You're still healing. Water and protein are most important. You will eventually get to where you are eating everything you need.

I am 7 weeks post op and still stress over what I eat. I have a friend that is a year post ip and she says he no longer stresses. She still has 50 lbs to loose to meet her goal weight and she is still on track. She says for every three bites of Protein she eats one bite of a vegetable. When's she is full she is full and stopes t that point She is alwus telling me that it get easier as the time goes on The main thing that bothers me is that I waste so much food because I can no longer eat it. I stick to protein now because I struggle to get enough in.

I struggle to get all the Protein in every day. I don't eat many carbs; I think I'm only getting carbs from my Beans.< /p>

I'm right with you IMP, it tears me up to waste food, not eat everything on my plate! We are always taught to clean our plate. I try to half my things before hand if I can't eat a whole something (like yogurt) so I end up under eating because I can eat 3/4 a cup of yogurt, but by splitting the one cup of yogurt in half, I eat less, and have some for later

I buy the small tubs of yogurt, they are about the same price as a 4 pack or buying a few singles @ .50 a pop. Then just measure out how much you want. Dannon light and fit comes in the tubs, which is probably the best yogurt for calories and carbs, at 80. Greek also comes in the tubs.

Try getting in a routine.

I dont struggle with getting my water/proteins in (@10 weeks).... but I do have to be concious to not overeat(thank you head hunger/addictive personality!)

I beat that with a schedule and routine:

• First thing in the AM: 8oz clear liquid (Poweraide zero, coffee, tea or water)
  • Breakfast: RTD Protein shake and babybell cheese or 2 strips of turkey bacon (im always on the go in the morning and need to be able to eat durring the commute)
  • Snack: laughing cow spredable & 1 or 2 slice deli meat
  • Liquid snack: 16oz diet green iced tea
  • Lunch: few steak strips w/deli mustard
  • Liquid snack: 16oz beverage
  • Snack: RTD Protein Shake
  • Dinner: small filet fish/chicken/pork
  • Dessert: splenda sweetened greek yogurt
  • Right before bedtime: 8oz clear liquid (helps with the dehydration headaches and nausea in the AM)

This helps me get between 90-110g protein/day, 64oz liquids and keeps me under 800 calories.

I'm four weeks out and now cleared for most regular food except for lettuce (not enough nutrition in it anyway, so that's okay). At this point, I'm still eating only 1/3rd to 1/2 cup depending on the food. I put all of my meals,including Vitamins (except dinner) together the night before in a lunch box. Here's what I had today:

AM: Non-Fat Greek Yogurt (black cherry Chobani this morning) - about 4 ounces

10 AM: Babybel Cheeses - 2 of them

AM: 24 ounces of Fluid - some through hot decaffeinated tea, others through Water with Mio Drops

Lunch: 1/2 cup small curd cottage cheese with 1/4 small avocado cut up

3:00 PM - Premier Protein chocolate shake - I put tons of ice in mine as it's the only way I can get it down

PM: 24 ounces of Fluid - Water with Mio Drops

Dinner: not sure yet - but probably left-over chicken thighs, or I may make a frittata, as I have spinach, mushrooms, and feta cheese.< /p>

PM : Usually after dinner I have a pot of Decaf tea.

All of this gets me over 65 grams of Protein and all of my fluid and keeps my carbs low.

Thanks for your menus! It really helps!