Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has Anyone Gotten Pregnant After Sleeve

I've seen a few on YouTube. My doc told me 18 months before getting pregnant. The bariatric doc I used to work for said 2years

Not me but there is a whole forum on here. My doc recommends 2 years. Check out the forum. There are many people posting about their experiences.

My doctor told me I have to wait at least 2 years.

Thanks just wanted to get info. So what does happen if its sooner just wondering. Can we open up our stiches?

I'm 20 and a half weeks into my 2nd post VSG pregnancy and as of today, I'm 3 years post-VSG. If you get pregnant early out, nothing happens to your stomach staples. The standard recommendation is to wait 1 year after achieving goal. This recommendation has become more lax with some surgeons over the years because more and more women get pregnant before that time frame. Some surgeons say 6 months, some say to wait 2 years. It really varies on each individual patient. It's best to wait until you've at least achieved goal, and can consume enough food to support your body. The baby steals everything from you. Getting pregnant while still obese is just as dangerous to you and the baby, and can complicate the pregnancy. Plus, the hormone flux and rapid weight loss, heavier restriction during those first few months out make it more difficult for some women. Not to mention all the other pregnancy stuff, like morning or all day sickness, food aversions, cravings, increased hormones and other fun pregnancy stuff.

I was personally cleared at 8 months post-VSG for TTC. I was below goal, able to consume enough calories to support my body and a developing baby plus my labs were great. It took us a year to conceive Tatum. I delivered her on October 30, 2011. The year of trying to conceive I endured 2 chemical pregnancies and had already been referred to a reproductive endocrinologist because we had not been successful without medical intervention. Then, BAM, a sticky baby.

My pregnancy was uncomplicated due to VSG. I was high risk for other reasons, my age of 34, and the fact I have a rare clotting disorder.

This pregnancy has not been complicated by VSG either. I am due October 17th with this baby boy.

Thanks just wanted to get info. So what does happen if its sooner just wondering. Can we open up our stiches?

My doc told me that it puts you and baby at risk. Baby won't get all the nutrients it needs especially if body is in ketosis. I have PCOS and surgery is my last resort in hopes of conceiving. If not, I'm ok with that! I love the energy and other NSVs I'm seeing now~ and my monthly has returned after soooo many years being absent! Down 23lbs since surgery 5/1/12 and 54lbs overall.

Since I'm a guy this is all speculation, but might be food for thought.

Reasons to be 2 years post op before attempting to have a child.

1. You are on a low calorie diet to reach your goal weight for typically 18months or more (not conducive to maturity)

2. As you lose weight your body releases estrogen from stored fat and hormone levels are seldom consistent.

3. Pregnancy is very demanding on a body a lot of the nutrients you consume will go directly to your child. Hence you should beat a maintance weight before trying so that you are able to properly nourish both yourself & your baby.

I don't think it's because you're still healing, rather more about ideal healt for both you & your baby.

I'm 20 and a half weeks into my 2nd post VSG pregnancy and as of today' date=' I'm 3 years post-VSG. If you get pregnant early out, nothing happens to your stomach staples. The standard recommendation is to wait 1 year after achieving goal. This recommendation has become more lax with some surgeons over the years because more and more women get pregnant before that time frame. Some surgeons say 6 months, some say to wait 2 years. It really varies on each individual patient. It's best to wait until you've at least achieved goal, and can consume enough food to support your body. The baby steals everything from you. Getting pregnant while still obese is just as dangerous to you and the baby, and can complicate the pregnancy. Plus, the hormone flux and rapid weight loss, heavier restriction during those first few months out make it more difficult for some women. Not to mention all the other pregnancy stuff, like morning or all day sickness, food aversions, cravings, increased hormones and other fun pregnancy stuff.

I was personally cleared at 8 months post-VSG for TTC. I was below goal, able to consume enough calories to support my body and a developing baby plus my labs were great. It took us a year to conceive Tatum. I delivered her on October 30, 2011. The year of trying to conceive I endured 2 chemical pregnancies and had already been referred to a reproductive endocrinologist because we had not been successful without medical intervention. Then, BAM, a sticky baby.

My pregnancy was uncomplicated due to VSG. I was high risk for other reasons, my age of 34, and the fact I have a rare clotting disorder.

This pregnancy has not been complicated by VSG either. I am due October 17th with this baby boy.[/quote']

Congrats to you!!!

I was told 18 months.

My doc told me that it puts you and baby at risk. Baby won't get all the nutrients it needs especially if body is in ketosis. I have PCOS and surgery is my last resort in hopes of conceiving. If not' date=' I'm ok with that! I love the energy and other NSVs I'm seeing now~ and my monthly has returned after soooo many years being absent! Down 23lbs since surgery 5/1/12 and 54lbs overall.[/quote']

I have Pcos too. I had a 2 miscarriages . The first was 3 years ago. My second one was this March. I was in a bad car accident . A lady hit me from behind. I went 2 the doctor for back pains after the accident and found I was 4 weeks.I end up losing the baby trauma from the accident. I was told I needed 2 lose weight and get on fertility drugs again. Let back up. I was on metformain and clomid the first time. I did not get pregnant on it. I got pregnant on my own. This last pregnancy I was not taking anything. I don't listen 2 doctors anymore. I depend on God. Miscarriages just don't happen to people with Pcos. Like my new doctor said all the pregnant women he sees are not all skinny . So that's a myth. Its people who have PCOS that have healthy babies they never have weight lost surgery.

Im getting the surgery because I want the weight off for good.

I was told 2 wait a year. Its not up 2 me. Its all in Gods timing. If God wants me 2 have a baby 6 months after surgery than its his will. I know he will take care of me.

I thank God for the opportunity 2 even get pregnant. I know that God will bless my husband and I in his timing. One of my sorority sister's was told she could never have a baby she has PCOS. She did not have surgery. She was able 2 get pregnant. If God can do it for others he can and will do it for you

My surgery date is June 26.

I have Pcos too. I had a 2 miscarriages . The first was 3 years ago. My second one was this March. I was in a bad car accident . A lady hit me from behind. I went 2 the doctor for back pains after the accident and found I was 4 weeks.I end up losing the baby trauma from the accident. I was told I needed 2 lose weight and get on fertility drugs again. Let back up. I was on metformain and clomid the first time. I did not get pregnant on it. I got pregnant on my own. This last pregnancy I was not taking anything. I don't listen 2 doctors anymore. I depend on God. Miscarriages just don't happen to people with Pcos. Like my new doctor said all the pregnant women he sees are not all skinny . So that's a myth. Its people who have PCOS that have healthy babies they never have weight lost surgery.

Im getting the surgery because I want the weight off for good.

I was told 2 wait a year. Its not up 2 me. Its all in Gods timing. If God wants me 2 have a baby 6 months after surgery than its his will. I know he will take care of me.

I thank God for the opportunity 2 even get pregnant. I know that God will bless my husband and I in his timing. One of my sorority sister's was told she could never have a baby she has PCOS. She did not have surgery. She was able 2 get pregnant. If God can do it for others he can and will do it for you

My surgery date is June 26.

Sorry that happened to you and your family. You have encouraged me! Thanks!!

Sorry that happened to you and your family. You have encouraged me! Thanks!!

Stay encourage. GOD holds the future. So, know matter what the doctors or others "post" about how dangerous it is. If God wants you 2 have that baby its going 2 happen . We still have to remember God still is in control of our body and blessings happen hourly, minute by minute and daily. God knows your heart. If, it is Gods will and timing a baby you should have. I count my miscarriages all joy now. Because those babies are with God. I was happy, I could even get pregnant. Im going 2 keep the faith by praying over my womb. Remember that we serve a mighty good God. Like the good book says keep asking , knocking and seeking in faith and it shall be done.

The doctor told me today, the reason why they want people 2 wait a year ....is so we don't have miscarriages. Our body will not be ready 2 really carry a baby. I understand that. I feel if God wants you 2 have that baby it will happen. I've already had 2 miscarriages. I don't want anybody to experience that pain. It's hard on the mind and body. I had plan 2 wait anyway. I want 2 enjoy my new body. If its Gods will and it happens it just happens.

I also have PCOS and I have 4 kids. My last one I was 293 when I found out I was pregnant so obese women CAN have a "normal" pregnancy.