Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi! I'm in Chicagoland (western burbs). I'm waiting on approval from BCBS, but it's because the insurance coordinator is not great. They've had my pre-cert for 3 weeks now but it isn't ready for review because they keep finding things she missed, then she takes her time sending it in. :(

I hope you get a speedy approval! I've heard as little as 2 days for some. :-)

I hope they get your documents submitted soon and you get a 2 day turn around. This part is so hard because it is completely out of your hands. You have to wait on someone else to do their job to change your life.

U know that u can switch all your paperwork to another doctor before approval.... My coordinator had mine done within a week and approval four days after that

Other than the insurance coordinator, I've been extremely happy with the process. I'm so frustrated at this point though. Thankfully, I won't have to deal with her at all once this part is done. :)

I hope they get your documents submitted soon and you get a 2 day turn around. This part is so hard because it is completely out of your hands. You have to wait on someone else to do their job to change your life.

Yes, that's exactly why it's so frustrating.

@ Lilly having my procedure was a really positive experience. It really is a first class facility. The nurses, doctors and nut were great. They really have a strong bariatric program there and would recommend it to anyone.

How was it having your surgery at the University of Chicago? That is so weird because I work at the University of Chicago but decided to my sugary at St. Joseph's because it is closer to my home. I live on the north side of the city, also when I met the surgeon I knew right away he would do a good job.

I'm having my surgery at St Joseph's as well but with Dr. Tiesenga. Did you already have your surgery with Dr. Lutfi? How did it go? He was at the seminar, and I just loved his attitude and demeanor!

I have BSBS IL PPO and my forms were submitted last Monday. I'm so nervous about approval. I have a BMI of 41.5 so it's over 40, with no other health issues. I really hope I find out soon! Let me know how your process has been and how the surgery at St. Joe's went! I too am on the north side!

I'm having my surgery at St Joseph's as well but with Dr. Tiesenga. Did you already have your surgery with Dr. Lutfi? How did it go? He was at the seminar, and I just loved his attitude and demeanor!

I have BSBS IL PPO and my forms were submitted last Monday. I'm so nervous about approval. I have a BMI of 41.5 so it's over 40, with no other health issues. I really hope I find out soon! Let me know how your process has been and how the surgery at St. Joe's went! I too am on the north side!

Hello Birdy18:

My surgery is tomorrow!!! I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. I actually am experiencing a strange calm about tomorrow. I'm sure the morning will be completely different. I'm usually a bunch of nerves when it has anything to do with doctor's and needles etc. I got in at 8:30 a.m. and hope to have the procedure done shortly after!

I'll keep you posted on my progress. Good luck with your paperwork, I hope you hear something soon. I think I heard back in a week or so.

Hello Birdy18:

My surgery is tomorrow!!! I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. I actually am experiencing a strange calm about tomorrow. I'm sure the morning will be completely different. I'm usually a bunch of nerves when it has anything to do with doctor's and needles etc. I got in at 8:30 a.m. and hope to have the procedure done shortly after!

I'll keep you posted on my progress. Good luck with your paperwork, I hope you hear something soon. I think I heard back in a week or so.

Ahhh!! Good luck! I'm wishing you a speedy and smooth surgery - definitely keep me updated on how things went and how you feel. Also, congrats on making it through the 2 week pre op!! I heard today about my insurance and was approved!!