Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bloodless Vsg Surgery Or Selfpay In Nj Any Idea Of Cost

I may have to self pay and I am hearing prices of $60,000 for Englewood Hosiptal in NJ.

look into going to Mexico...I did that and I had a great surgeon and team...Dr. Aceves he is fabulour and thourough...couldn't ask for anything better...I paid $8750 inclusive....motel, hospital, etc...blood work, EKG, before/after X-rays and Blanca and Yolanda were by my side the entire time when I needed anything.

My family insist on staying in NJ. Any suggestions?

I'm in Texas and my revision is 17,700....he charges 12 or 13K for just sleeves....nevermind Rick Perry, Texas is still in the US...lol

Many doctors have special rates for self-pay patients that are significantly less than what they charge insurance companies. I paid $15,100 for mine here in Austin, TX. I would suggest taking to a surgeon and seeing what their self-pay rate actually is first.

I may have to self pay and I am hearing prices of 60' date='000 for Englewood Hosiptal in NJ.[/quote']

Try looking for a bariatric surgeon that is not employees by a hospital(private practice). Their rates will typically be the most reasonable and have the flexibility to work out of a surgical center rather than a full blown hospital.

Anyone knows any bloodless surgery hosiptals in Mexico. I am suppose to have surgery July 3 but now I am not so sure. All of these months I was told NJ BCBS covers the surgery. Now no one sure. I wont know anything until Monday. I am trying to do research just in case. I really don't want to move my date if I have to self pay. I waited 6 months. I am out of school soon and I can't take days off in September.

I'm not sure what is meant by "Bloodless surgery". Best I can tell is you are looking for laparoscopic surgery? If that is the case laparoscopic surgery is standard procedure in mexico pretty much all don't this way.

Ok, I looked up the definition of Bloodless surgery. Being a laparoscopic surgery, and one that is done on an outpatient basis in most of the US, VSG does not require the transfusion of blood or platelets. So pretty much anywhere you go, you are gonna get a "bloodless" surgery.

I'm thinking....$60K- usa vs. $8750 Mexico....$51K different....you could make a huge down pymy on a house, buy a car, a new ward robe after surgery, remodel your home....

It is about YOU! and no one else.

Good luck I had a wonderful experience...