Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Glad to hear that everything went well for you.... was wondering what blood tests were done?

They run a full blood panel, and chest x-rays. I emailed Dr. Alvarez a few weeks after my surgery and he emailed me my reports. Of course they are in Spanish, but they can be deciphered, or you can find someone to help you with them if needed.

Thank you....

Ok, 2nd day post op.....

I feel so,so... My belly feels really bloated and sore, like I did too many crunches. I had grape juice/watered down before I left the hosp this morning. Not my drink of choice, so I got a Vitamin Water, one of my favorite drinks, and 8 hrs later I am still nursing it. I tried to drink some of the Unjury chick broth, but have only consumed less than half, and it taste pretty good also.

I know its only day 2. I dont feel nausea, unless I drink say 2-3 swallows of something tooo fast I guess. Just a weird feeling. I also feel like I want to have a GOOD BURP, but it wont come :/

Getting ready for my flight in the morning and back to real life..

Once you are home, things will begin to feel better. Sip slowly, remember your tummy is tiny and has just begun to heal. Lots of weird feelings and sounds from this surgery. You will get used to them. ;) burping is one sign, for me, that I have eaten enough. Funny how our body will give us a signal to stop! Good luck to you. Try to rest up today because traveling home is pretty exhausting!

Thanks allnewme......

Ok 4 days post op... And I still feel yucky.. I know its to be expected.

I'm trying to sip, sip, sip and have even incorporated a shot glass so that I dont take too much, but I still feel super nausea with every swallow. I got no walking in yesterday besides the bathroom and up and down the stairs to get meds. I was totally drained yesterday, today also but will force myself to walk after this post. Maybe getting in 30 mls if that...

I'm not hungry in the least, but feel like I could chew something, guess it's how puppies feel :))

Going to walk now, maybe it will help...

Hello!

I just joined the group and have been busy reading everyone's posts and soaking up all the great and generous information provided. I am newly considering VSG with Dr. Alvarez, found out about it researching the lap band(my cousin was urging me to have it done after her lap band success) and watching his youtube videos. I just cant get my mind around the idea of having that foreign device willingly implanted and the ensuing "maintenance" so now after learning about VSG I have myself completely talked out of it! I'm currently trying to gain my husbands support and researching finances. I've never been much of a money saver and know it will take me FOREVER to save up $9000, especially since I'm currently unemployed! I've already been shot down for the lapband procedure by my insurance here in the states, so I know VSG surgery in Mexico is not going to be approved either..I've read a lot of folks get it financed and the interest rates and terms vary a lot. Just wondering what kind of monthly payments people have?? Also...am I correct in that some people have applied for credit through Dr. Alvarez's website, been approved, then denied credit?? Craziness....

Hey just so you know...I am financing, and I went thru the MedToGo international financing site. It specifically approves for surgeries in Mexico. I was approved in 5 days....here are the terms they gave me Specific to Mexico: must pay 24% of total requested as down payment, then 4 years at 16% interest....enough to pay over the minimal payment to cut some of the interest off. They were very quick in response, and of the 24% you put down, you get about 80% of it back via check when the loan is paid off.

worth looking into to. Just do some research for Lenders that Specifically do surgeries in Mexico and you can find something that will work for you. :-)

Hey just so you know...I am financing' date=' and I went thru the MedToGo international financing site. It specifically approves for surgeries in Mexico. I was approved in 5 days....here are the terms they gave me Specific to Mexico: must pay 24% of total requested as down payment, then 4 years at 16% interest....enough to pay over the minimal payment to cut some of the interest off. They were very quick in response, and of the 24% you put down, you get about 80% of it back via check when the loan is paid off.

worth looking into to. Just do some research for Lenders that Specifically do surgeries in Mexico and you can find something that will work for you. :-)[/quote']

Thanks for d info....I'm actually in d process of getting more info from them as well. At first Mr Robert Page was quick to respond to my emails but now he's taking a bit longer. Anyways I haven't made d actual application but this information sure does come in handy. I will surely continue this process, thanks again. R u having the surgery w Dr Alvarez? Also if u don't mind, r u having contact w Robert Page as well from Med to go international?

Thanks allnewme......

Ok 4 days post op... And I still feel yucky.. I know its to be expected.

I'm trying to sip' date=' sip, sip and have even incorporated a shot glass so that I dont take too much, but I still feel super nausea with every swallow. I got no walking in yesterday besides the bathroom and up and down the stairs to get meds. I was totally drained yesterday, today also but will force myself to walk after this post. Maybe getting in 30 mls if that...

I'm not hungry in the least, but feel like I could chew something, guess it's how puppies feel :))

Going to walk now, maybe it will help...[/quote']

Hope you are feeling some better now. It really dies get better each day. The tiredness hangs on for awhile, at least it has for me. I still feel like I need a nap most days. I am sick with allergies now, so that is not fun. Hopefully you are doing better with liquids. I found plain Water made me nauseous. I had to dilute down apple juice or green tea (really diluted) and that helped me to get more fluids in. Take your Zantac morning and evening, that will help you feel better.

Hi everyone.... Post op day 9 ... this has really been rough

I haven't posted because I really haven't made too much in the way of improvements. I'm 1 wk 2 days post op and should be able to start full fluids but still cannot tolerate CLEARS.... My urine is light tea colored and I only pee once a day, and I totally feel like CRAP.

I have contacted the Dr. and am doing everthing I have been instructed to do, but this body is not cooperating.

I sip, sip, sip and only abt a half a sip per sip at that and by the time I've sipped 8 times over abt a 30min period I feel horrible...

The nausea is worst then when I was pregnant with my daughter. I actually took a pregnancy test (negative of course) because that is the last time I experienced nausea like this.

I've followed this to the T, and still I feel like no progress.......

This is the first time I have actually done something for my self, and I feel so DEFEATED right now..

I like many others only told immediate family (hubby the kids- not even my mom) and I know my husband is trying but he said today you are so weak, and you can't even drink the water..was this really worth it?

And I said through tears, I think it will be... but honestly I'm not so sure anymore?

Hi everyone.... Post op day 9 ... this has really been rough

I haven't posted because I really haven't made too much in the way of improvements. I'm 1 wk 2 days post op and should be able to start full fluids but still cannot tolerate CLEARS.... My urine is light tea colored and I only pee once a day' date=' and I totally feel like CRAP.

I have contacted the Dr. and am doing everthing I have been instructed to do, but this body is not cooperating.

I sip, sip, sip and only abt a half a sip per sip at that and by the time I've sipped 8 times over abt a 30min period I feel horrible...

The nausea is worst then when I was pregnant with my daughter. I actually took a pregnancy test (negative of course) because that is the last time I experienced nausea like this.

I've followed this to the T, and still I feel like no progress.......

This is the first time I have actually done something for my self, and I feel so DEFEATED right now..

I like many others only told immediate family (hubby the kids- not even my mom) and I know my husband is trying but he said today you are so weak, and you can't even drink the Water..was this really worth it?

And I said through tears, I think it will be... but honestly I'm not so sure anymore?[/quote']

Have you asked Dr. About nausea meds? I was never nauseous at all, I really feel so bad for you. I know that Water is not easy on your new tummy. I would try green tea with some sugar. Try it warm or put it over ice if you need to. That was all I could drink my first week home. You have to get some liquids in so you don't get dehydrated. I would not worry about Protein right now. You need something that is calming for your tummy. It may sound strange but I tend to get nauseous easy and you can buy some SeaBands at pharmacies or Walmart. They work on a pressure point on your arm. Have your husband get a pair to see if it can counteract the nausea. They are cheap and worth trying. I have to use them when we cruise and they work great. I will be praying for you!

Ok, 2nd day post op.....

I feel so,so... My belly feels really bloated and sore, like I did too many crunches. I had grape juice/watered down before I left the hosp this morning. Not my drink of choice, so I got a Vitamin Water, one of my favorite drinks, and 8 hrs later I am still nursing it. I tried to drink some of the Unjury chick broth, but have only consumed less than half, and it taste pretty good also.

I know its only day 2. I dont feel nausea, unless I drink say 2-3 swallows of something tooo fast I guess. Just a weird feeling. I also feel like I want to have a GOOD BURP, but it wont come :/

Getting ready for my flight in the morning and back to real life..

I was sleeved by Dr. A on September 7. I must have seen you walking the halls or must have just missed you! :)

I haven't been here in a while. I am 5 wks post op and I must say my road was not as easy as I thought it would be. I have lost 31 lbs in 1 month, but must say I am not as happy about it as I thought I would be. For the first 3 wks I really couldn't tolerate anything due to the most horrible nausea you could imagine. I also should have taken more time off from work, as 2 wks was not enough, especially since I didn't bank on having the nausea complication. I returned to work 2 wks ago, and I am still not able to take in the amt of Fluid I should be, and the semi solids are not going too well. I look like I lost wt due to sickness, not from diet- my face actually looks a bit gaunt, and my butt is losing it's air, going a bit flat ;(.

I feel really tired, and when I get home from work, I am wiped out. Pretty much because I have a very hands on job with lifting, pulling, on my feet and I'm not really getting in liquids or food, or not nearly the amt I should. And the Protein, ahhh the protein- not happening... I am cranky and very irritable ( almost like a non stop PMS). I really wish I could have stayed home longer, to be able to take time to try the fluids more and experiment with foods to see what works, it's kinda hard to do this in 30 mins with people calling you back early from break, if you are lucky enough to get one. I try, and will continue to try, as I hear it gets better.

I just wish I felt better, but even with all of this, I don't regret my decision.

Dr Alvarez and his team were excellent. I travelled alone and felt very comfortable.

I just wish I could have continued to feel as good as I felt when I was there.

I welcome suggestions and comments.

I haven't been here in a while. I am 5 wks post op and I must say my road was not as easy as I thought it would be. I have lost 31 lbs in 1 month, but must say I am not as happy about it as I thought I would be. For the first 3 wks I really couldn't tolerate anything due to the most horrible nausea you could imagine. I also should have taken more time off from work, as 2 wks was not enough, especially since I didn't bank on having the nausea complication. I returned to work 2 wks ago, and I am still not able to take in the amt of Fluid I should be, and the semi solids are not going too well. I look like I lost wt due to sickness, not from diet- my face actually looks a bit gaunt, and my butt is losing it's air, going a bit flat ;(.

I feel really tired, and when I get home from work, I am wiped out. Pretty much because I have a very hands on job with lifting, pulling, on my feet and I'm not really getting in liquids or food, or not nearly the amt I should. And the Protein, ahhh the protein- not happening... I am cranky and very irritable ( almost like a non stop PMS). I really wish I could have stayed home longer, to be able to take time to try the fluids more and experiment with foods to see what works, it's kinda hard to do this in 30 mins with people calling you back early from break, if you are lucky enough to get one. I try, and will continue to try, as I hear it gets better.

I just wish I felt better, but even with all of this, I don't regret my decision.

Dr Alvarez and his team were excellent. I travelled alone and felt very comfortable.

I just wish I could have continued to feel as good as I felt when I was there.

I welcome suggestions and comments.

It sounds like you have a very challenging job. I am sorry you are going through this. With regard to diet and liquids, don't be too hard on yourself, just do the best you can. Also, are you taking all of your recommended Vitamins? I find that makes a big difference for me.

Have you been to your own doctor to see if you have an infection ? Perhaps, get some bloodtests and a scan ? I hope that you get to feel better soon....I have started my search for this procedure.......