Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi,

I will be sleeved by Dr. Alvarez on Sept 5, 2012.

I am giving myself a 40th birthday present, that will surely be the best one I've given myself for years to come....

I am happy to have found this forum... Very informative

For me the choice of Dr. Alvarez was also based on his experience, yes his price is a tad more than others, but I think I am worth the investment. :wub:

We are very much worth his price. He is a great surgeon.

Hello everyone! I am having revision surgery with Dr. A on October 11th. I am worried about coming home. Crossing back over the border' date=' the flight, etc. Can anyone tell me about their experience? Good or bad. I want to know what to expect. How well did you feel? Thanks[/quote']

We flew into San Antonio on Southwest. Took the shuttle from the hotel back there to wait for Rosy. She picks you up and drives you to eagle pass, she drives you both ways across the border. All you need is a passport or passport card. It takes no time unless there is a line at the border.

I took a pain pill for the ride back, the road to San Antonio is bumpy, you have your juice to sip along the way. Rosy stopped at a convenience store so we could use restroom and get something cold to drink. She checks you into the hotel and gives you keys to your room before she heads back.

There is a Walmart that the hotel shuttle will take you to right behind the hotel and they will pick you up and bring you back. Make sure to take ones for tip money :). There was a microwave and mini fridge in the room we had so I got broth and some clear botted drinks. There is a pool for hanging out outside.

We had a great experience in Texas and Mexico. The shuttle takes you right to your terminal @ airport for your flight home.

Anyone having surgery with Dr. Alvarez in October? My date is Oct. 11th.

Thanks allnewme!

I'm having mine October 5th..... good luck

Thanks allnewme!

No problem, if you need anything or have more specific questions, you can message me .

I'm having mine October 5th..... good luck

Good luck to you also!

Hi,

I will be sleeved by Dr. Alvarez on Sept 5, 2012.

I am giving myself a 40th birthday present, that will surely be the best one I've given myself for years to come....

I am happy to have found this forum... Very informative

For me the choice of Dr. Alvarez was also based on his experience, yes his price is a tad more than others, but I think I am worth the investment. :wub:

You most definitely are worth it!!! ;)

I just started my process with Dr. Alvarez. Susan has been a GREAT help with figuring everything out. I have been persuing WLS for over a year, and met with nothing but issues from my insurance company. I have not heard even one negative thing about Dr. A! I'm paying half in cash and financing the rest. Considering everything I've gone through in the last year with Anthem Blue Cross, I find his cost very reasonable.

I would totally be having surgery sooner if it wasn't for my job...unfortunately I'm an executive in the retail industry, so I must wait until after the holidays to get the time off. My tentative surgery date is 1/21/2013....seems so far away, but I'm sure the time will fly by! So excited!!!! :-)

Hello and welcome ! I'm scheduled for October 5th with Dr. A. You have made a great decision to go with Dr. Alvarez.... he even answers you back on twitter which is totally cool. Susan is great and has been very helpful with everything.... good luck on your upcoming surgery.

Hello and welcome ! I'm scheduled for October 5th with Dr. A. You have made a great decision to go with Dr. Alvarez.... he even answers you back on twitter which is totally cool. Susan is great and has been very helpful with everything.... good luck on your upcoming surgery.

Good luck to you too! Let me know how your surgery goes. Let's stay in touch on our journeys.

I will let you know how it goes... And agree we should stay in touch, helps to be able

I will let you know how it goes... And agree we should stay in touch, helps to be able to bounce ideas off or sometimes just vent