Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm just going to put my two cents in that my best friend had this done 2 years ago and she and I have done extensive research on both price and doctor qualifications. We researched their American board certified credentials' date=' checked to make sure they are eligible to practice in both Mexico and the USA, we looked at patient complications, mortality rate, etc. Within those results we made our decision, she went to Dr. Aceves (spelling?) and I've chosen Dr. Alvarez. We both paid within a few hundred dollars of each other. I did the financing option, and she was able to secure a private lower interest loan.

This surgery was quoted to me at 29000 and 33000 for Birmingham and Atlanta in the US[/quote']

I agree, it's about experience and a lot more than price to me, gotta check out leak rates, death rates, etc. it took me almost two years to save the money, but so glad I did! And I also gained a friend not just an experience. Just MHO

I too relieve that you have to look beyond the money. There are cheaper Dr. In MX but the only one I trust with my life is the one I chose. Ask yourself how important is my surgery , do you want it in a clinic setting or hospital? Do you want to stay at the hospital or be sent to a recovery house? Do I want a surgeon that is doing 8-10 people a day or one that does less so he can have more time with his patients? If those things do not bother you then there are less expensive options. I have heard people speak very highly of Dr. Kelly. You do your own research and go with your gut feeling.

I chose hi. Because he is one of the best.......like everything else whether true or not I have the belief that I get what I pay for.....ESP with my life....hugs all I have missed everyone!!!!

Hello, well I went today to d informational session w d Bariatric surgeon n just like I suspected my insurance doesnt cover d surgery but I got to meet d dr. Very good information n got to meet w him one on one but honestly didn't give me much of options for d surgery except that I was a candidate n d cost of d surgery is 14000 including d post office yearly visits. This is d second surgeon that I visit n so far d one that has made an excellent impression has been Dr. Drupier. I'm now doing a third search by initializing a first contact w d office of Dr Alvarez n see what he has to offer, but I know I won't be dissapointed for I have heard so many positive comments.

August 17th... And my name is Dom! I'm swamped with work and a lot of other stuff but i get home and all I can do is read threads and dream of the not so distant future! I can't sleep and it's all I think about when I get down time. Tick tock on the clock, huuurrryyyy up calendar!

wil possibly be passing you there...i am on the 14th with Dr Alverez but due to leave on the 17th. there is a great group of August sleevers to at http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/38113-august-sleevers-where-yas-at/

Hey everyone.....I am doing amazing since surgery.....Dr A is super!!!!!! I don't remember anything from getting something to relax I my room...... No pain at al!!!!!!! Hugs all

When they say they are going to give you something to make you "relax", they really mean, we are going to knock you out! I remembered nothing after my "relax" medicine!

When they say they are going to give you something to make you "relax"' date=' they really mean, we are going to knock you out! I remembered nothing after my "relax" medicine![/quote']

Hahaha me too! They told me the samething and when I woke up I asked my mom if I had surgery... Lol

Have a few questions for those that have been to see Dr. A? was there phones in the rooms to use? The Leak test was changed to during surgey and not the blue dye after, many surgeons does both...what is your feelings on that? What type of blood tests did they do? You xray was of lungs? What type of neat gifts did you pick up, I read once of man that does wire bracelets with names on them, but not sure it was down in that area. Any areas you visited or stayed away from or was there much site seeing? Is there air conditioning? Sorry woke up with lots of little things on my mind

hope your all doing well

Have a few questions for those that have been to see Dr. A? was there phones in the rooms to use? The Leak test was changed to during surgey and not the blue dye after' date=' many surgeons does both...what is your feelings on that? What type of blood tests did they do? You xray was of lungs? What type of neat gifts did you pick up, I read once of man that does wire bracelets with names on them, but not sure it was down in that area. Any areas you visited or stayed away from or was there much site seeing? Is there air conditioning? Sorry woke up with lots of little things on my mind

hope your all doing well[/quote']

The phones weren't in the rooms, they are in the hallways and u can use them anytime as long as no one else is using it. I didn't mind him doing the leak test during surgery, I trust him and he knows what he doing, he's done 4200 sleeves. He checks for blood clots and makes sure u did ur preop to shrink ur liver. No site seeing here. Ur in the hospital the entire time . He gives u a cute pillow of what he did to ur stomach but that's about it. Jessica will take care of whoever u take with you. She takes them to eat and wherever else they want to go.

Thanks SweetSusie

Have a few questions for those that have been to see Dr. A? was there phones in the rooms to use? The Leak test was changed to during surgey and not the blue dye after' date=' many surgeons does both...what is your feelings on that? What type of blood tests did they do? You xray was of lungs? What type of neat gifts did you pick up, I read once of man that does wire bracelets with names on them, but not sure it was down in that area. Any areas you visited or stayed away from or was there much site seeing? Is there air conditioning? Sorry woke up with lots of little things on my mind

hope your all doing well[/quote']

I asked About the leak test, he does it right in operating room so he can fix it right then. I don't question his system, it really seems to work.I was told they test our blood to type it in case of emergency, they have blood ready. The x/ ray is to see how much chest space you have for the gas and how large your neck bones are for the tubes. They also look in your mouth and feel your neck before they take you away to OR. Rooms have AC, bathrooms do not. Phones are in hallways, but they are portable. One was right outside my door.

Dr. A did allow me to leave hospital with my sleeve sister, her sister, my hubby and Jessica for lunch on Friday. We walked about 2 blocks to a restaurant, Jessica ordered for us. Patients got crushed ice. Right beside hospital is a nice convenience store, we got to go there and shop. Bought some juice and milk candy for my daughters boyfriend. You can shop when you get back to San Antonio, there is a TJMaxx and Walmart right behind the hotel. Shuttle will take you there and pick you up. It can also take you to the Mall and to The Quarry, nice shops and food places there.

Hello everyone! I am having revision surgery with Dr. A on October 11th. I am worried about coming home. Crossing back over the border, the flight, etc. Can anyone tell me about their experience? Good or bad. I want to know what to expect. How well did you feel? Thanks