Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP! REALLY FREAKED OUT - question

PLease consider gall bladder. Gall bladder attacks are PAINFUL. IFyou still have yours??? You will know because it will happen again. It usually comes with nausea after a few hours of eating and sometimes is worse if you are lying down... sleeping, ect.... It actually can feel similar to a chest cramp or aas people describe a PB ( never had one.... yet)

Good luck.

So it happened again last night, only for hours this time. I woke up at 1am and it was the worst pain I have ever felt. Took gas x didn't help, then at 3 am instead of cramping the muscles in my stomach contracted and would not relax. I could not even stand up. My mother came over to my house and I woke up my doctor and he was going to meet me at the ER. I got to the ER and then studdenly it disappeared as quickly as it came on. My doctor had me to a barium swallow and nothing appears to be wrong. Next step is a US ABDDOMEN sonogram. Does anyone have any idea of what could be wrong?

My friend was having sever pain, turned out to be her gall bladder, yikes, over flowing with stones..Yikes!

If it's that painful, check it out with your doctor.

For me high fatty or gassy foods would give me gall bladder attacks....cheese, butter, bean etc. What did you eat and how long after you ate it did you have pain?

I am sorry that you are having this pain however if it does end up being your gall bladder just say you are having complications from the surgery or you developed a hernia from the surgery. Those types of things do happen and they have no reason not to believe you.

Quite a few years ago, my Grandma had her gall bladder removed with the old surgery style of a HUGE long incision. She had suffered through months of attacks, and they finally removed it, as they had seen, it was full of stones. A week after coming home, she had another attack of the same type, and continued to have them over a couple of months. They finally ended up going back in and found a stone lodged in the duct that remained after the gall bladder itself had been removed. The duct ended up looking pretty diseased the surgeon said! All from a lodged stone. I don't know if this type of thing could happen today with the advanced testing we now have, but thought the info might help someone out there.

I sure hope you find out the cause of your problems!!! Good Luck to you!

Kat

I cant tell you what that was, but I know the gas pains I get are just unbelievable. Never knew that could hurt soooo bad. I hope it is not something worse than just a bad case of gas, I still get them occasionally and it still tends to suprise me when its really bad.

Thanks, I hope it is nothing too js. I'm kind of disappointed though, while the doctor says everything with the band is ok, I seem to have lost almost all of my restriction, and I know that this is my own fault but i've kind of gone off the deep end, from eating healthy and going for my goal to blowing it. Whether anything is wrong or not i've got to stop, I didn't realize i was such an emotional eater. I go in for my sonogram tomorrow. We'll see how it turns out, hopefully nothing will show up.

Well I found out today I do have alot of gallstones, though it will be a few days before I talk to my doctor. Thank you to everyone for your ideas, and your support. I feel better now knowing what the problem is.

Thank you thank you thank you

See your doctor, it could be gallbladder related or even pancreatitis. To prevent another episode avoid highly spiced or greasy foods. If you think it's gas, another otc med to try is pepcid complete. It's chewable and works pretty fast. Can I ask why the freezing bath? It seems like that would make you tense your muscles, and worsen pain. Try a warm one next time to relax, it may also help gas move.

sorry originally posted before seeing your post related to gall stones. Do follow a careful diet to prevent further attack before you see your doctor. The pain comes from digestive juices produced by the gb that can't get out because of stones, these juices are acidic and can cause irritation of the gb and ducts, they also solidify into larger or more stones.

Well I found out today I do have alot of gallstones, though it will be a few days before I talk to my doctor. Thank you to everyone for your ideas, and your support. I feel better now knowing what the problem is.

Thank you thank you thank you

Good luck with your Dr. appointment. If they end up taking out your gallbladder that is not such a bad thing. I was reading up on it once and it is not uncommon for a person losing weight to develop gallstones. One cool thing is they will use the same inciscions, so no new scar areas if they have to operate.