Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just wondering why so many go to Mexico for banding?

Dr. Billy said it could have been due to placement or my body just didn't like it or a stitch caused some irritation or the infection I had early on could have contributed. There was just no real clear answer to my erosion.

Thank you everyone for posting your experiences and reasons for going/not going. There may be a chance if I get the band I'd have to take a trip down there as well.

Dr. Billy said it could have been due to placement or my body just didn't like it or a stitch caused some irritation or the infection I had early on could have contributed. There was just no real clear answer to my erosion.

It would have been nice if he COULD have narrowed it down to placement or technique - that way your decision whether or not to re-band would be easier to make, huh? I know this isn't going to come out right Penni but, man I'm glad I don't have to make that decision! I hope you'll let us know when you do decide.

I started a thread similar to this thread and was just wondering out of curosity and didn't mean for it to get ugly. I don't care where anyone gets surgery I just hope everyone does well. We are here to help each other and I think the world of everyone on here especially all of the people who helped me along. I hope I can be of help to someone someday.

I think everyone's body acts differently under different situations and those of us who haven't had any trouble are just lucky and hopefully it will stay that way. You never know from day to day what can go wrong. I hope everyone loses, loses, loses and I hope everyone here can respect everyone elses decisions. I know I do.

I love Dr. Sanchez but I've also lost 32 pounds in 6 weeks and I'm sure I would love any doctor that put in my band and helped me when nothing else would work. So, U.S. or Mexico, go bandsters, go.

Well, while we are on the topic of Mexico...I thought I'd mention this. I just took two summer semesters of Spanish. For Spanish II I had to do a restaurant review. I found a really quaint place about an hour from my home. Real nice Mexican family restaurant...real homey...felt like I was sitting in someone's kitchen. food was awesome...omg...filling and the price was insanely low. Okay now for the reason for this post.........Pepsi and Coke....not nearly the carbonation as our coke or pepsi.......and not as sweet!!! So I wanted to pass this on to the Coke and Pepsi fans out there who are banded......I'm thinking this just might be the perfect indulgence for bandsters!!!!!!!! I got an A+ on my paper.....and now have added two new loves of Mexican Cuisine....Coke/Pepsi....and Mole Sauce!!!

The problem here stems from lack of respect for other posters' opinions and not following the LBT "Forum and Posting Rules." In case you haven't seen them, or have forgotten them, or are becoming senile and need a quick refresher course, I have copied them below.

This is a valid topic, and an interesting thread, but I suggest everyone read the rules, paying particular attention to #1.

Sorry to join the gang up Dody, but you frequently represent your opinions as truths.

Do you know this from research or by experience? Or is this just your opinion?

You have the habit of announcing your intention of leaving a thread because you just can't be bothered anymore. Sadly, it seems you can't stick to that resolve. If this thread is heading in a disagreeable direction, change the direction by changing your attitude, or leave it.

There's a contagious bout of "last word syndrome" going around. The only way to avoid contracting it, is to walk away.

So true!! Thanks for the reminder.

I hope it works.:nervous

There are monsters around every corner lately...:cry

*sneaks a peek around the corner before tip-toeing away*

Pepsi and Coke....not nearly the carbonation as our coke or pepsi.......and not as sweet!!! So I wanted to pass this on to the Coke and Pepsi fans out there who are banded......I'm thinking this just might be the perfect indulgence for bandsters!!!!!!!! I got an A+ on my paper.....and now have added two new loves of Mexican Cuisine....Coke/Pepsi....and Mole Sauce!!!

OMG, when I was in TJ the night before surgery (when we were allowed to eat) I ordered a coke and I kept saying to my husband I think my sode is flat and it tastes different. My husband told me that it was because they don't use high fructose corn Syrup. Definately different, and you're correct less carbonation (nothing like a Mickey D's coke)

OMG, when I was in TJ the night before surgery (when we were allowed to eat) I ordered a coke and I kept saying to my husband I think my sode is flat and it tastes different. My husband told me that it was because they don't use high fructose corn Syrup. Definately different, and you're correct less carbonation (nothing like a Mickey D's coke)

In the olden times, before the "high fructose corn syrup conspiracy," that's how Coke tasted! I've never liked the "new" coke! Well...maybe with a little rum...LOL

Sue

In the olden times, before the "high fructose corn Syrup conspiracy," that's how Coke tasted! I've never liked the "new" coke! Well...maybe with a little rum...LOL

Sue

Ha Ha now your talkin!!! Baccardi's vanilla Rum is my new favorite...lol!

My insurance didn't cover the band.

I didn't have $15,000-$20,000 to be self-pay.

I did have $6500 that I could borrow from my 401K to pay for surgery in Mexico, however.

I've never regretted it for a second.