Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting day 4 of all liquid pre-op. Better? Yes! Good? Not even. But I continue to lose weight so I'm trying not to whine as well as trying not to strangle anyone. I went to a Zumba class last night and it was so much fun. But I'm not sure I've ever been so tired. And with no Advil to literally ease my pain, I'm pretty achy today.

G.

That is awesome!!! You are doing good. I've heard Zumba is alot of fun. Hurting from exercise is a good hurt. You know you have done some good for your body. I need a big kick in the pants to get me going. I have surgery on July 9th and haven't started any kind of exercise. So YEAH for you. I'm feeling motivated. Thanks!!!

Just got done with my egd I swear I was shaking I was so nervous. Then I bit down in something and next thing I know I'm being woken up then transferred to recovery.

No pain or nausea, hardly felt like anything even happened. Dont know why I was freaking out so bad.

Just got done with my egd I swear I was shaking I was so nervous. Then I bit down in something and next thing I know I'm being woken up then transferred to recovery.

No pain or nausea' date=' hardly felt likeed anything even happened. Dont know why I was freaking out so bad.[/quote']

What is edge?

I wondering if I can do eggs for my Protein diet instead of shakes?

Some Drs allow it, call and ask! They may allow you one a day or something.

Day 2 of liquids: doing much better today so far. Been adding flavor extracts and SF chocolate Syrup and they're really not bad. Having a hard time getting all my Water in, though. 2 quarts is a LOT!!

Glad to hear it, Patrick. That's exactly what happened to me. Bit down, woke up, all over. My throat was a little scratchy the next day but hardly noticeable.

@klizanich - edg is esophagogastroduodenoscopy or upper intestinal endoscopy. It's a pre op procedure where they look at the structures from your esophagus to the first portion of the small intestine to identify any abnormalities. This is one of the clearances for surgery.

G.

Mine didn't require an edg. But part of me wish It Did tomake sure all good since I have been banded four years. I did get an upper gi and everything was normal. So I just need to stop worrying about my esophagus and relax.

That is awesome!!! You are doing good. I've heard Zumba is alot of fun. Hurting from exercise is a good hurt. You know you have done some good for your body. I need a big kick in the pants to get me going. I have surgery on July 9th and haven't started any kind of exercise. So YEAH for you. I'm feeling motivated. Thanks!!!

I hear ya!!! I have surgery July 2nd....am beginning my 3 day all liquid tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using VST

I hear ya!!! I have surgery July 2nd....am beginning my 3 day all liquid tomorrow.

Me too! Start liquids tomorrow and surgery on the 2nd. Who is your doctor?

Had my H.pylori breath test this morning. That was NASTY. They told me it wasn't bad tasting at all - they lied. LOL

Tomorrow is my Upper GI, EKG, bloodwork, and meeting with the anesthesiologist. Then 12:01 Saturday morning starts my liquid diet!

Me too! Start liquids tomorrow and surgery on the 2nd. Who is your doctor?

Dr. Kelly

Glad to hear it, Patrick. That's exactly what happened to me. Bit down, woke up, all over. My throat was a little scratchy the next day but hardly noticeable.

@klizanich - edg is esophagogastroduodenoscopy or upper intestinal endoscopy. It's a pre op procedure where they look at the structures from your esophagus to the first portion of the small intestine to identify any abnormalities. This is one of the clearances for surgery.

G.

fyi i think the worst was where they placed my IV--not comfortable -inside of wrist. Second worst was the taste of the throat spray they used to numb. and I think I ate a bad lunch choice, cause my throat was still numb or something and now my throat is a little sore from the spaghetti sauce in my lasagne lol.. but oh well. I made it through...now I'm more worried about Monday..that's when the really scary stuff happens..the actual surgery!

fyi i think the worst was where they placed my IV--not comfortable -inside of wrist. Second worst was the taste of the throat spray they used to numb. and I think I ate a bad lunch choice, cause my throat was still numb or something and now my throat is a little sore from the spaghetti sauce in my lasagne lol.. but oh well. I made it through...now I'm more worried about Monday..that's when the really scary stuff happens..the actual surgery!

I know, Patrick, I am starting to get a little nervous now!!!!!