Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am scheduled for June 28. I saw my surgeon for the first time on April 26 and since that day I have not put a bite of carbs (except fruit and veggies) in my mouth or had a soda. I am down from 295 to 272 today. I have my EGD tomorrow an then this weekend I am off to Vegas. I keep going around and around in my head about what I will eat in Vegas. Part of me wants to have one last meal- anything I want before I start my shakes on the 14th. The other part of me is so proud of what I have accomplished that I don't want to sabotage myself by having carbs. I really want to be in the 250's on Sleeve day but that might be wishful thinking. I am so anxious and excited! At least I will be passing the time in Vegas!

Here's what I do on days I slip up - I'm also dieting pre-op to try and lose some weight and build some momentum going into this... I also just want to be prepared - yesterday I just had to have mexican, so I did two things - I ordered less than I normally get, and I used it as an 'opportunity' to practice eating slower, and set my fork down, and chew my food better..

Ya know what though? Today was awesome hit all my goals and then some was 200 under goal for calories 60 grams of Protein, lots of Water and a really good workout.

Don't be afraid to reward yourself one meal - but the next day kick it into high gear to make up for that meal. Also, don't beat yourself up for wanting a treat here and there especially while you're still producing ghrelin --- post op this whole dieting thing is gonna be easier I hope... maybe I'm wrong but I know I'll be forced to do it by the size of my stomach.

Anyhow goodluck w/ your surgery and have fun in Vegas!

That's my date 2!! I found out yesterday!!

That's so cool we can be sleeve buddies! Where do u live?

That's my date 2!! I found out yesterday!!

I mean what country are you getting the surgery done in? I'm in Australia

I'm in the US. I live in North Carolina. I would love to be sleeve buddies. :). We are going to do Great!!!! Have a beautiful weekend!

I am in NJ . Consider yourself buddied

I was scheduled for July 6th but the doctor needed a vacation I guess during that time. I had to switch to July 19th which was hard because of having to rearrange my work schedule again. I am waiting for insurance approval anyway. My insurance just recently accepted the sleeve as a procedure to pay for. Yipee. It is hard to keep waiting. I have been told to do a liquid diet for 2 weeks before is all. I have noticed some are diet before that. I hope I am doing this right? I have to fly out of town for work at the end of September and am hoping I can be down 60 pounds to fit on the plane better. It is stressing me out. I don't want to tell my boss I am too fat to fly.

Stressing out!

Here's what I do on days I slip up - I'm also dieting pre-op to try and lose some weight and build some momentum going into this... I also just want to be prepared - yesterday I just had to have mexican, so I did two things - I ordered less than I normally get, and I used it as an 'opportunity' to practice eating slower, and set my fork down, and chew my food better..

Ya know what though? Today was awesome hit all my goals and then some was 200 under goal for calories 60 grams of Protein, lots of Water and a really good workout.

Don't be afraid to reward yourself one meal - but the next day kick it into high gear to make up for that meal. Also, don't beat yourself up for wanting a treat here and there especially while you're still producing ghrelin --- post op this whole dieting thing is gonna be easier I hope... maybe I'm wrong but I know I'll be forced to do it by the size of my stomach.

Anyhow goodluck w/ your surgery and have fun in Vegas!

Your date is almost here

Your date is almost here

Yeah it's getting super close. scale was stuck at 657 for 4 days the yesterday dropped to 652. 15 total lost on preop since day after memorial day.

I was just approved this last week for surgery on July 18th!! I am excited, nervous, and full of anticipation. My husband is 2 months out from his VSG surgery which is helpful and nerver racking all at the same time. I haven't gone 'public' about the surgery, so I guess I'm in the middle of the "coming out" process. lol

I am definitely looking for group of people to discuss and vent with throughout this journey, which as my husband put it 'no one understands until it happens to you'. Let's be friends!!

ticker_25232_bodyweight.png

Another July 18th-er!!!! Yay! Papers submitted on the 5/25, approved 5/29 (with a holiday in the waiting period) and surgery 7/18! So happy and scared at the same time. HA!

I had the choice of 6/27 or 7/18...I work in finance and June and the beginning of July I am crazy busy so I went with the latter. I was bummed at first but while searching for the "silver lining" I figure it will give me more time for P-R-E-P-A-R-A-T-I-O-N!

Congrats everyone!

We're going to kick butt!

Hey' date=' - if anyone is interested - I created a FB group just for us July 2012 sleevers! It's a good easy way to stay in touch..

http://www.facebook.com/groups/sleevers0712

This is a great idea- especially the secret part! Thanks Patrick.

My surgery date is July 11th. I'm so anxious and nervous and excited. My preop diet starts June 26th. I'm only allowed 6 ready to drink 8oz Protein shakes a day and Water. :-( I'm not looking forward to this.

So far I've started cutting out any drink other than Water and crystal light and I think next week I will also start having a Protein shake for Breakfast instead of a meal.

God help us all.

I'm July 11 th as well.start my liquids on June 14 th.I wish I could do it tomorrow !

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Another July 18th-er!!!! Yay! Papers submitted on the 5/25' date=' approved 5/29 (with a holiday in the waiting period) and surgery 7/18! So happy and scared at the same time. HA!

I had the choice of 6/27 or 7/18...I work in finance and June and the beginning of July I am crazy busy so I went with the latter. I was bummed at first but while searching for the "silver lining" I figure it will give me more time for P-R-E-P-A-R-A-T-I-O-N!

Congrats everyone!

We're going to kick butt![/quote']

That's my b-day! I will be 7 days post op by then.good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Hello everyone! My date is July 18th. I'm so thankful I found this site. Thank you all for your information/feedback/life story. Thank u.