Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Short People Success Stories?

I am 5'1 and have lost 40 pounds pre-op. All the inches are off my hips. However, I am top heavy, not bottom heavy. My BMI is 34. ANy short people have success with losing weight all over? WIth pics? Im a little impatient I guess.

Hello :) I don't have any pics right here and I'm not "done" yet. I am 5'2". I also lost 40 pre-op. I am now a total of 115 lbs down. I went from 262 to 147. Does that help? And there are tons of us shorties on here ;)

Short people unite! I am barely 5' tall and can relate to what you are feeling. I hope to be sleeved early July so I don't have a success story.... yet, I was just excited to see fellow shorties. Congrats on the 40 pounds!

Another midget here! I'm losing all over but am top heavy still. 5'0 and currently 168lbs.

I'm 4'9 and have lost 31lbs so far. I was just sleeved 4/2/12. I'm starting to lose it all over. The top pictures are last week and the bottom pictures are from yesterday at 8 weeks out.

post-25073-13813658855309_thumb.jpg

I'm 5'0" and was 205 now 160. Still top heavy also. My sister says we are built like line backers lol. I have not exercised consistently yet but I hope when I get to what I wanna weigh I'll be more proportioned ;) there is a thread for shorties 5'2" and under of u search for it. I have lost all over but still bigger in arms and top than legs and butt.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I am 5'4. I am the shortest of everyone I know. I started at 233 size 22-24 and I am currently size 12. I started at 44D and now I am at 38DD. That freaked me out. I went up in cup, than people had to explain to me that sometimes you go down in band up in cup. But yeah its been coming off pretty much everywhere. First my face. That was the biggest change, than I noticed in my arms and finally got shoulder blades before I even noticed hip bones. So now everything has kind of caught up and is more balanced.

I'm 5'2; 11 days post op. Nothing to report yet :/

Hey everyone, I am pre op. my surgery is scheduled for 11/19. I am currently 209, my ultimate goal is to be 110 within a year and a half, or less. I am 4'10.

Hi I'm 4'11" and started this journey at almost 280 very top heavy as well and very wide, well round, I felt like I was pregnant at times, but as the weight came off, it came off everywhere, bust as well and over 10" off my stomach. Went from 3X-4X to a 14 and about 100 lbs down now. I feel alot more like my petite self from days gone by, but still curvy and busty. Really happy, my face is back and my neck seemed to get longer, my legs are much trimmer too, I guess my rest of my weight is in my abdomen but it is going down, after 3 kids it will probably be the last to go. Feel great!!

Hi I'm 5'0 203 pounds I'm getting sleeved Nov 12. :-/ I'm so super worried!'

[

post-37407-13813660873513_thumb.jpg

Sandy_go

I'm not even 5'2" and always had an hourglass figure. Without exercise, for the most part, my body shape (as in, my bust-waist-hip ratio) stayed almost the same as I lost weight. I went from 242 to 135 pounds, a size 18/20/XXL to 6/S.

My weight did redistribute a bit between one and two years post op. Even when my weight remained constant, my waist got thinner and my bust filled out a bit more.

I am no expert, but my experience leads me to believe that without strength training to reshape the body, our natural shape (apple, pear, hourglass) is what our body will tend to stick to even if we lose weight.

And I didn't notice a very large difference in my shape and appearance (from round to curvy) until I had shed about sixty pounds. Somewhere between 50-60 pounds it seems that your body really starts to develop it's natural shape and everyone can really see the difference.

Good luck,

~Cheri