Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 4Th Challenge

I'm in. Surgery date June 27. But need to walk daily. Sometimes just hard to find time.

CW: 260

GW 250-at least by surgery date.

I'm down 5 pounds this week, was a pretty good week, only had 2 days above 1000 calories, 1700 & 2100 respectively. Did lot of walking, my body pains are a lot less when working out now.

Recap:

Starting on memorial day: 668.

Current: 652

Goal for surgery july 2: 600

Id like to join in :)

Surgery Weight: 338

Current Weight: 249

Goal Weight for 4th of July 240

I am in, this will be my first challenge. It is a great time to start; I am 3 weeks post op and will be going on vacation to visit out of state friends and family July 9 - 16. Since the weight is just falling off without much effort right now I don't want to set a weight loss goal but my 4 week goals are :

1) I joined a gym over the weekend so I need to go at least 3 times a week between now and July 4 work on toning

2) get the clothes that are to big out of the house before the trip

3) 8,000 - 10,000 steps EVERY day

My goals for last week:

1. Get to 197.8 or less

2. Work out 3 times

3. Track all my food in myfitnesspal

4. Finish week 2 and start week 3 of Couch to 5k and use my brand new FitBit every day.

Here is what I did:

1. Got to 196.2-now I officially feel like I'm in Onederland! 3.6 lbs lost

2. Worked out 4 times

3. Tracked all my food in myfitnesspal

4. Started week 3 of Couch to 5k and did not quite use my fit bit everyday (stayed by Water in a swimsuit for 3 days so couldn't)

6.2 lbs to go for this challenge with 3 weeks left to go...

Next week's goal:

1. Get to 193.6- this would take me to 50 lbs lost since pre-op and half way to goal

2. Work out at least 4 times

3. Track all my food in myfitnesspal

4. Finish week 3 and start week 5 of Couch to 5k

5. Use my FitBit every day

Good luck everyone!!!!

It would seem that my first time to participate in a "challenge" would just happen to coincide with my first major stall!!! So frustrating. Any suggestions? Haven't lost a single pound in almost 2 weeks.

It would seem that my first time to participate in a "challenge" would just happen to coincide with my first major stall!!! So frustrating. Any suggestions? Haven't lost a single pound in almost 2 weeks.

You are in a stall, yuck! I was in one for 3 weeks prior to this last week and the difference for me is logging on and recording my food on myfitnesspal.com as well as drinking alll my Water and working out 3-4 times. I think stalls happen regardless, but maybe a little more diligence will help. Good luck!!!

I feel I've been in a stall, hopefully I can make some progress... grr

Week two report:

Current weight- 214.8

Weekly goal to meet my Protein and Fluid numbers daily and track in mfp everyday.

Week three report:

Current weight- 212.6

Weekly goal is to stay calm and focus on what's going into my mouth.

Current Weight - 332

July 4th Goal - 318 (14 lbs - YIKES!)

I forgot to check in last week. Today I weighed in at 327.6, so a 4.4 lb. loss so far. 9.6 more to go. OY VEY!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Ewwww...another stall. Yikes! No weight loss last week. I am so frustrated.

Checking in - lost 2 more pounds as of this morning - making 7 lost of RE-GAIN. So, only 3 more to original 10 lb goal for July 4. I just hope they are STILL gone tomorrow morning!!! At this stage (2 years out), it seems if I don't REALLY REALLY REALLY watch every carb, my body wants to gain! But increasing my exercise has definitely made the difference. Once I get back to original goal, I think I will be able to maintain AGAIN with the exercise I have made myself increase plus not as much snacking!!!!!

Checking in!!!

Goal for July 4th is 25 pounds

Progress: As of 6/7/12: down 5 pounds. Walking and jogging for one hour 3x this week. Strength training for one hour 2x this week.

Exercising is helping so much. I'm losing more inches than pounds.

One more goal for July 4th is to run the entire track for half mile. Lets see what happens!!

I hear you, my body is VERY carb sensitive too! Way to go for getting back on track- you are almost there! I think my body is really going to fight my last 20#...

Checking in - lost 2 more pounds as of this morning - making 7 lost of RE-GAIN. So, only 3 more to original 10 lb goal for July 4. I just hope they are STILL gone tomorrow morning!!! At this stage (2 years out), it seems if I don't REALLY REALLY REALLY watch every carb, my body wants to gain! But increasing my exercise has definitely made the difference. Once I get back to original goal, I think I will be able to maintain AGAIN with the exercise I have made myself increase plus not as much snacking!!!!!

Okay so I have done something crazy... I added up the total number of people participating in this challenge. There are 46 people in this challenge. We set some big goals of 678.9 lbs lost by July 4th. So far we have lost 120.8 lbs, but this only includes 18 people who have weighed in so far. So we have 3 weeks left and many more people to weigh in at some point by July 4th. We might actually make it considering close to a 3rd of us weighed in at only 2 weeks into the challenge and lost a whopping 120.8 lbs! We have 3 weeks left July 4th losers. Let's meet this goal of 678.9. We can do it!!!