Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking For Vitamin Spreadsheet Or Recommended Amunts To Make A Spreadsheet

So I am a spreadsheet kinda girl. :) I would like to get the recommended daily intake of Vitamins so i can plug in my yummy vitafusion gummy vitamins and yummy vitafusion calcium/vitamin d Vitamins. Which, by the way, I got at what i consider an AMAZING price at costco! I am 3-4 months pre op but trying to get prepared. If anyone has the recommened amounts I would be glad to put it in a spreadsheet and share it.

Thank you so much!!!!!!

Recommended amounts are probably best received from your doc or nut. I take a regular multi, plus B12 daily (most docs recommend weekly), plus Calcium and Biotin. Others take various Vitamins depending on their body's needs. I've seen and heard all kinds of regimens from various sleevers and I take more/less of various Vitamins because of other medications I am or have taken. It's really hard to say there is an across the board recommended Vitamin routine.

But, good luck with the project! :)

Have your gummy vitamins been approved by your surgeon? Sounds sugary?

Here are my doc's recommendations on supplements:

Multivitamin mineral supplement - bariatric specific or 200% dose of standard Multivitamin. Should be 100% of at least 2/3 nutrients. Should contain at least 400 IU of Vitamin D, 400 mcg folic acid, 1.2 mg thiamine B-1, 15 mg zinc, and 18-27 mg. Iron. It should also contain copper and selenium. If you take 200%, it should not exceed 10,000IU Vitamin A, or 1,000 mg (1500IU) of Vitamin E.

Elemental Iron - ASMBS guidelines call for a minimum of 36 mg per day. For menstruating women or those at risk of anemia total intake should be 50-100 mg per day.

B-50 complex daily - the B50's I take are Bariatric Advantage in capsule form and have 50 mg each of thiamine, riboflavin, and niacin and 400 mcg of folate, 250 mcg of B12, 500 mcg Biotin, and 50 mg of pantotheric acid. also contains choline 25 mg, inositol 25 mg.

B-12 - 500 micrograms per day or 1,000 microgram injection monthly

calcium citrate - 1,500 to 2,000 mg calcium citrate

Vitamin D: Dose dependent on labs - since we are in Seattle I am still taking 10,000 IU's a day in liquid form.

As others have mentioned, it's different for a lot of us. Here's what I can tell you they told me - you should be taking these vitamins:

Multivitamin, 1 tablet twice daily, should be chewable and complete. Take 2 tablets a day even if the instructions only say to take one.

Vitamin B12: 1000mcg sublingual (under the tongue), 3 times a week. Your pouch can't absorb B12, so you need to absorb it in the membranes under your tongue. This is important for energy.

Vitamin B complex: 100mg daily

Calcium w/Vitamin D: 1000-1200mg per day (depending on your age/sex/milk intake - one glass of milk is appx. 300mg. of calcium). calcium citrate is the preferred form because it is better absorbed after surgery than other types of calcium.

Of course, I'm a guy, so I get enough Iron in my diet from the Vitamins without having to take a supplement. :)

Hi,

My NUT wants me to take 500mcg B12 - sublingual, complete Multi Vitamin chewable with 200% Iron and calcium citrate 1500mg chewable. I take the B12 and my multi in the AM when I awake, and take the Calcium at lunch... so the Iron and Calcium don't compete.

My nut gave me the breakdown for my class today...

Multi- chewable or liquid w/ minerals 1 or 2 times daily (depending on directions)

Calcium Citrate- taken in divided doeses 1500mg per day

Vitamin D- 1000 iu day (usually enough in calcium and multi)

B-1 50mg 3x a week

b-12 1000 micrograms sublingual 3x a week (or injections once a month)

Thanks Chimera, that was incredibly helpful!!

just received the info from my doc yesterday.

1) Calcium if citrate take 1500mg divided into 2 or 3 doses......

if carbonate take 2000 mg do not take within 2 hours of your multi Vitamin

2)Chewable Muti Vitamin

3)Vitamin B Complex 1 pill every 2 or 3 days

4) Vitamin C start now 1000 mg day divided into smaller doses

5)B-12 sublingual, Crystalline form 350-500mcg daily for first 2 months after surgery and then as decided by doctor after labs

6) Biotin 1000mcg a dose and up to 3 doses a day for hair loss (check your daily Multivitamin and if it includes Biotin subtract from 3000 mcg dose)

7) zinc 15-30 mg a day *****can be toxic so must check daily vitamin first to see if its already included******

Here are my doc's recommendations on supplements:

Multivitamin mineral supplement - bariatric specific or 200% dose of standard multivitamin. Should be 100% of at least 2/3 nutrients. Should contain at least 400 IU of Vitamin D' date=' 400 mcg folic acid, 1.2 mg thiamine B-1, 15 mg zinc, and 18-27 mg. Iron. It should also contain copper and selenium. If you take 200%, it should not exceed 10,000IU Vitamin A, or 1,000 mg (1500IU) of Vitamin E.

Elemental Iron - ASMBS guidelines call for a minimum of 36 mg per day. For menstruating women or those at risk of anemia total intake should be 50-100 mg per day.

B-50 complex daily - the B50's I take are Bariatric Advantage in capsule form and have 50 mg each of thiamine, riboflavin, and niacin and 400 mcg of folate, 250 mcg of B12, 500 mcg Biotin, and 50 mg of pantotheric acid. also contains choline 25 mg, inositol 25 mg.

B-12 - 500 micrograms per day or 1,000 microgram injection monthly

calcium citrate - 1,500 to 2,000 mg calcium citrate

Vitamin D: Dose dependent on labs - since we are in Seattle I am still taking 10,000 IU's a day in liquid form.[/quote']