Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

and I have list 17 lbs. I know, I know whooo hooo and better than gaining. But my problem is, I lost 10 lbs the first week and then eeked out a few pounds every other week. This week? BUPKIS. I think this surgery was a big fat failure. All I have is acid reflux all the time, I crave food but can't eat and I am still a fat piece of s#*!. Has anyone who has been successful with this albatross of a surgery had any similar experience? I am really depressed about this.

Wow - okay - first thing you need to do is pull yourself up out of the pity party. And I apologize, I hate to be mean and don't want to be insensitive. But you need to get a hold of yourself sweetie! This is a TOOL to help you loose the weight. Everyone looses at a different pace - and keeping yourself positive goes a long way in helping with that. All that being said, are you getting in the required liquids, Protein, etc? If you are and you are getting some good walking in, etc. The weight will start to come off. And 17 pounds is nothing to cry about!! Your attitude right now may be part of the problem. I'm so sorry you are having such a horrible time with this - but try to get yourself together and follow your eating plan to the tea - exercise and you will start to see the weight drop off.

Sent from my iPad using VST

oh dont worry, few weeks after surgery i kept crying and thinking i did a huge mistake and i should have never done it and i regret it so much, and yeah, first week u lose a lot, then it slows down from there, but its okay! and u will hit a stall every once in a while, but it's fine, just concentrate on how well u did so far, and KNOW that it will get better!

now looking back i think im so silly for being so depressed and regretting it, i feel amazing now and im so so glad i did it, this will pass believe me!

and for the craving, try looking at pictures of food, or just watching foodnetwork, or even cooking for other people i found that really helps, because believe me, even if u were to eat the food that u crave, it would never taste the same and its just not the same, THANK GOD!

and ull be slimmer and better and ull be fine, just look at where u were and where u are now, and concentrate on the good things that came out of the surgery, like what clothes fit better, or if u could walk easily, or breathe easier etc.

theres so much good that wil come out of this, but its okay to feel like this, almost everyone went through that after this surgery! it'll get better!!! <3

I am so sure you hate to be mean. Do you hate to be useless too? Your advice is. And it's LOSE.

Thank you Nyanbunny56.

Wow... Honey. Just breath. First, I'll say this. Don't get down on yourself. Weight isn't going to just magically disappear. I know it's discouraging. I know at first I expected to wake up every other morning down 5 pounds. Some may, but I've had to fight every pound off. I know after going through something in monumental that results are prayed to be quick. How much do you have to lose? That has a lot to do with it. Are you drinking enough? I noticed the more I got my Water in the better. I bet if you were to look in the mirror you'd notice physically you are different. Face and neck thinner? Stomach flatter? Thighs skinner? Take comfort in those things while the weight is being stubborn and let your mind rest.

I am so sure you hate to be mean. Do you hate to be useless too? Your advice is. And it's LOSE.

Sorry - it's why I apologized ahead of time.

I have to lose 77 lbs to get out of being medically overweight. I don't think that's such a small amount that this plateau should be happening. When I was on my pre-op diet, I lost 5 lbs a week. I am feeling really cheated and ultra-sensitive and negative. I look on this site alone and everyone's bio says that they lost 10-15 lbs their first few weeks out of surgery. I realize there is no going back and I just have to get used to it, but I was looking for some peace of mind, someone to tell me that they are now the weight they want to be and they lost weight as slow as molasses in the beginning too.

I have to lose 77 lbs to get out of being medically overweight. I don't think that's such a small amount that this plateau should be happening. When I was on my pre-op diet' date=' I lost 5 lbs a week. I am feeling really cheated and ultra-sensitive and negative. I look on this site alone and everyone's bio says that they lost 10-15 lbs their first few weeks out of surgery. I realize there is no going back and I just have to get used to it, but I was looking for some peace of mind, someone to tell me that they are now the weight they want to be and they lost weight as slow as molasses in the beginning too.[/quote']

Pink - I am so sorry - I know there are many posters on here that have been having problems with depression after sleeve -

So - let's try again :). Are you getting in all your liquids and Proteins? Are you able to work out yet? Maybe it's due to the fact you did so well pre-op that your body is in that fighting stage right now where it doesnt want to let go of the fat? And sometimes I've heard it said when you have less to lose that it goes a little slower.

I have to lose 77 lbs to get out of being medically overweight. I don't think that's such a small amount that this plateau should be happening. When I was on my pre-op diet, I lost 5 lbs a week. I am feeling really cheated and ultra-sensitive and negative. I look on this site alone and everyone's bio says that they lost 10-15 lbs their first few weeks out of surgery. I realize there is no going back and I just have to get used to it, but I was looking for some peace of mind, someone to tell me that they are now the weight they want to be and they lost weight as slow as molasses in the beginning too.

its okay, in 6 months and im almost out of the 70 kgs range, i NEVER thought it'd happen, its just hitting me that its actually happening!!

its okay to feel the way u are feelings, everyone has that, after 3 weeks from surgery i stopped losing weight for about 2 weeks, which made me so angry, but then i just went back to losing weight, and ull get there dont worry! 77 pounds is going to go away just calm down and concentrate on the good things, and u were losing more weight before because u were very obese and when ure heavier u tend to lose weight quicker!

and they probably lose that much weight that quickly because they were perhaps heavier than u are because the heavier u are the quicker u drop the pounds, but then it slows down for everyone!

i was very very angry at first that i was like, eating so little and still so fat, but the months wil fly by and ull be so happy with ur progress that u won even notice it, just concentrate on the good aspects!

Thank you. And no, I am not exercising or getting in my Water. I can do better with the water, but I will really have to fight my fatigue with the exercise. No excuses, but my doctor did tell me to wait until I was 6 weeks out. I'm just in a rough place. I know I'll be ok one day. I'm glad I found this forum. Thank you Tibbie :)

Oh Pink - bless your heart! I know how hard the Water is! I'm not even a week out yet and getting in ANYTHING is hard! Lol. Keep reading on here - these people are amazing and everyone is here to lend support and help us get through these rough times! Big hugs to you!!!

I too am just a month out from surgery. I have lost 32 pound since my March 28th pre-op. Since surgery, after the first week after surgery, I too feel like the loss is crawling. I was having a pity party myself and my mom (banded in 09) reminded me it's not a sprint, its a marathon. The doctor warned my mom that there would be some post-op depression issues and questioning why I did what I did. A life long problem of mine is that I always question whether I am good enough or doing good enough. I think we all face the issues surrounding why is this so slow, BUT when you think about it, when's the last time you lost that much weight in that short of a time period?

We can do this!! One day at a time.

I don't think anyone asked but are you taking something for the acid reflux? If so and it isn't helping, call your Dr and ask for something different or if you can increase it.

Also, you are rocking with 17 lbs down! Did anyone mention the week 3 stall? Sounds like you have hit it - don't despair, keep on doing what you are doing, working hard to get your fluids in, and you will break through it! It's your body's way of catching up!

Did you take any measurements before surgery? If so, do them often while you aren't losing weight - you might find the inches are disappearing! If you didn't, take them NOW and often on your journey!

And the whole depressed thing? When you are burning fat, it is releasing stored hormones - the first several months can be very emotional because of this!!

Hope that helps!

Try not to be so down on yourself(I know,easier said than done)... we all have slows. It will come off,if you follow drs orders.

Not everyone loses at the same rate. If you can't exercise yet, WALK... Walking is what helped me the

most and still does! It will get better. Try tracking all your meals on myfitnesspal.com That's what Iuse.It helps me keep on track... Good luck ;-)