Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wife's A Star,..i'm Chopped Liver!

We went to Florida recently. My November 2011 Roux N Y wife went on a cruise, I waited for her to get done and looked for a house for our upcoming move there.

My brother-in-law raved about the improvement in my wife's appearance. He looked at her before pictures, praised her for her tenacity and bravery, and generally lauded her to the high heavens.

I have lost more weight since my Jan. 16, 2012 sleeving but although this was known I got hardly a mention.

Am I bitter?

Naaa!

I am super glad for her and not a bit jealous. She eats the attention up, it just makes me squirmy. She is welcome to it.

I feel a bit strange when hugging her. You know the feeling when you are walking upstairs in the dark and don't count the steps correctly and think you have one more step when you don't? Your foot reaches out into nothing then comes down on the landing. Kind of jolting. I hug her and my arms just keep on going through the area that used to stop them. It is not unpleasant but hard to get used to. I almost feel like I'm being unfaithful. :rolleyes::D

Congrats to both of you! It is just in our nature as men we are more apt to lean to privacy than wanting praise. But secretly we know we all want the ataboy. :)

It's backwards in our family. I've lost more than my sleever husband (around 157 total from my highest--he's down around 120 from his highest)--he had his done in April 2010; mine was April 2011. Yeah, so who gets the raves? Him! LOL And he eats it up!! I get my share of "oh my gosh, I didn't recognize you's," but he gets the "Wow, you're looking GREAT's!"

I will say it's pretty fantastic to both be smaller and healthier. I totally "get" what you mean with the hugging thing. My husband's arms go all the way around me, as in, he can touch his own shoulders after wrapping his arms around me--it's really strange and really great, but it's very different from pre-op. We talk about this being 'Rob and Meg 2.0," like upgraded models. :-)

Congrats to you and your wife, it's wonderful that you both are working to get healthy and it's making your relationship strong and it's wonderful you are so supportive of your wife.

Awesome!

Same as Meg above! My spouse has always been slender but in the last year, as I've lost nearly 100 pounds, he's dropped about 30. He has gotten so many compliments!!! I crack up because I've lost more than three times that... and IT SHOWS!!! LOL My parents, everyone tells him how great he looks. I think: "what am I, chopped liver?"!!! I just tease him and tell him he needs the compliments because I look soooo much younger than he!!! :-)

That is so funny because I had the opposite happen as well. I had lost about -80lbs and was sleeved first. Then my hubby got sleeved and he lost about -40lbs and people could NOT STOP raving about how great he looked!!

However, now that I'm at the -100 mark, the tide is shifting again and hubby stopped loosing at about -70 (he wants to lose about -15 more but has been stalled/maintaining for about 6 months now) and now I'm back to getting all the compliments, lol.

Seems like the last -10lbs has made a big difference....you know how the skinnier you are the more a weight loss shows, and the heavier you are you can lose -30lbs and no one will even notice. Crazy!

Congrats to both YOU and YOUR WIFE!!!