Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks For Being Awesome!

I just want to say thanks to everyone for being patient with my noob questions and giving their support. Have any of you tried the Weight Watchers' Forums? Ugh - that is a quagmire of cattiness, flamers, trolls and b*tches!

Here's my story (so far). I'm crossing my fingers that I can have my procedure in July/August time frame. I'm still trying to talk my husband into thinking it is a good idea. He's a baker/pastry chef and worried that I won't be able to eat his "experiments" any more. He's also concerned that this is too extreme of a measure. I've been trying really really hard not to imply that his profession is to blame for my obesity - but it is really difficult to resist warm, gooey monkey bread fresh out of the oven. I'm hoping getting sleeved will give me the willpower to take one bite and move on.

I just joined this forum a few days ago, but it is already been more helpful than most other weight-loss forums I've been to.

Thanks!

purpleswirle

(ps add me on MyFitnessPal! I'm purpleswirlie there too).

I'm new here as well, and I couldn't agree more- the people here are wonderful! I've never seen a more informative, supportive, and open message board!

Welcome! This forum has been detrimental in my success, everyone is so supportive. Best of luck to you both!

Welcome to you both! This forum is so wonderful! I've learned so much. I have about 20 days left until I'm sleeved. Nervous & excited. I hope your journey goes smoothly!

Welcome!!!! I too have always found this board helpful; great, wonderful people. Be sure to check out youtube since many that post here also post video updates. Good luck on your journey. For me it's been amazing and the best thing I have ever done for myself!!!!

Well lady one bite will be alot some people cant eat bread at all. I only can eat very small amount of it. sweets are a no no it will keep the weight on

Thanks for the heads' up Ann. I'm still learning and mentally preparing for all possible outcomes. If I can't eat bread at all - so be it.

I cant eat iceberg lettuce at all. i can eat romaine and green leafy. I can no longer eat garlic or raw onions.I am very lucky to eat two small slices of a grilled chicken breast. soft foods are still easiest for me. I am now 5 weeks post op

I've been trying really really hard not to imply that his profession is to blame for my obesity - but it is really difficult to resist warm, gooey monkey bread fresh out of the oven. I'm hoping getting sleeved will give me the willpower to take one bite and move on.

hey girlfriend - welcome aboard

it must be quite a feat being around a pastry chef all day. It must be quite difficlt. As far as taking "one" bite only, sorry kiddo, i don't think you should tempt yourself.

while its true that you can eat anything eventually, a teeny, teeny, teeny bit, which adds up to a miniscool, since i know i would have to stop, i would never start and "tease" myself with one itsy bitsy teeny weeny bite, especially since sweets are my main weakness, -_-

DH is not the only reason for you being overweight, but he sure doesn't help -_- You have control issues like we all do.

Get those "grubby" ^_^ llittle hands away from those goodies :mellow: ,ask your DH please not to tempt you - and try, try and then try some more not to eat those godies.

Hope he can try and get on board with your surgery. Try not to get talked out about it. We are all biased, but we think the sleeve is the best thing since sliced bread :)hmmmm i think thats another one of my attempted jokes :lol:

Just out of curiosity, DH one of those nasty, average size chefs that we love to hate.

BTW - of course we're awsome ;) - you wouldn't just talk to any ol' group :)

kathy

Well, I have to disagree here. I am 9.5 months out and I do have a small bite or two of sweets. In fact, I eat a cookie or half a cookie and a half glass of milk about 4 oz at about 3 evenings a week. I said A cookie, not Many Cookies. The way I see it is that I am not on a diet, I am changing my lifestyle. I want my new lifestyle to include goodies in moderation. Depriving yourself totally of every goodie is setting yourself up for failure. When you eat carrots and Water until you lose all your weight, what happens when you start to slowly introduce the treats again? You baloon back up. Realistically, we are not going to NEVER have a treat again as long as we live so why set it up like that?

I am not saying we can just eat everything we want. I am saying that if you eat Protein first, snack on high Protein foods, you can have a small treat and it wont affect your lifestyle and when you are at goal, it will be super easy to maintain because you already incorperated those treats in, in moderation of course, and you have not felt deprived during your journey and you will just carry on through maintenance and the rest of your life, healthy and happy.

So, I say, after you move through your stages into solid food, if you want to taste a bite of a goodie, go ahead and try it. If its bread, you wont eat more than one bite anyway, its too filing and it makes pressure in your chest that is uncomfortable. You will not be overdoing it on bread, I can tell you that. But to deprive yourself totally, I think is a bad idea in the end. People who lead a healthy lifestyle have things in moderation. That is the key. Jmho.

My guy is a chef as well... but he is even considering the surgery.

Forensikchic, You just explained my philosophy on cheetos perfectly! :) I know they aren't "good" nutrition-wise, but I love them. I have a few here and there and then go on with my life. If I never allowed myself to have them, I'd crave them constantly! At least that's my thinking. :)