Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hahahaha! Take That Ex Boyfriend! Nsv

Julie, congrats on the success! You are very close to your goal and are sure to make.

OK, now I realize you ladies will probably beat me up for this, but here goes. I realize every story has 2 sides and you didn't include much background information about your ex and the relationship but as I guy I'd have to say that I too was miserable about myself for DECADES about my weight, and to tell you the truth I was a literal bear to live with and have to give my wife credit for staying with me through "thick and thin" (pun intended). Had we not been married we probably WOULD of broken up because I was fat and my attitude about it totally sucked the life out of the relationship. Yes, I was obese and making myself more obese and more miserable till I did the "something about it". I did and our relationship is stronger now, not so much because of the weight but because of my attitude and well being.

I have to wonder was the breakup at least in part responsible for getting you to do the VSG. While his attitude may have been crass please take pleasure in your accomplishment and not in the fact that you proved him wrong or bested him in any way. Maybe I'm just reading your post wrong, sorry if that's the case.

Julie, congrats on the success! You are very close to your goal and are sure to make.

OK, now I realize you ladies will probably beat me up for this, but here goes. I realize every story has 2 sides and you didn't include much background information about your ex and the relationship but as I guy I'd have to say that I too was miserable about myself for DECADES about my weight, and to tell you the truth I was a literal bear to live with and have to give my wife credit for staying with me through "thick and thin" (pun intended). Had we not been married we probably WOULD of broken up because I was fat and my attitude about it totally sucked the life out of the relationship. Yes, I was obese and making myself more obese and more miserable till I did the "something about it". I did and our relationship is stronger now, not so much because of the weight but because of my attitude and well being.

I have to wonder was the breakup at least in part responsible for getting you to do the VSG. While his attitude may have been crass please take pleasure in your accomplishment and not in the fact that you proved him wrong or bested him in any way. Maybe I'm just reading your post wrong, sorry if that's the case.

Hi Rootman,

It's always nice to hear from you. I was the first to say that it was my relationship with myself that he didn't like not my actual size. He was one of those guys that wanted to act supportive but really wasn't. He was a very nice looking man with like 10% body fat and he knew it. He rubbed it in my face that he could have whoever he wanted and I should be happy to have him. We were only together for a short time because of this and that is why I broke up with him.

He never asked me to have or even look into WLS. I did that all on my own and not to prove anything to anyone except me. That I could do this. I did it and I do have a wonderful relationship with myself now and I think that is the key. Had I been my-old-self (personality wise) I would have been harsh and called him out about talking to my best friend about things like he did. But, I have a peace within now that I love and it shows through to the outside and leaves people speechless. That makes me happy.

Love it!!!

A. W. e. s. o. M. E.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I like this NSV and can totally relate to it!!! I also hoped to run into an exbf of mine who sometimes gave me a hard time about my weight and how much I ate (which is odd because he had gastric bypass surgery done when he weighed almost 300 lbs). Never did, but he did see pics of me on Facebook and said I looked good and congratulated me on my weight loss.

Maybe someday I'll run into him and rub it in his face some more. Mwahahaahaha

Well, in my case - after "hanging in there" throughout years of emotional, mental and eventually physical abuse, my last straw was when my ex-fiance "helped himself" to almost $4,000 out of our bank account that was from a loan In MY name that I took out for my revision surgery.

He was NOT supportive of my surgery, and I guess he figured when he knew my mind wasn't going to change about getting this done, he took to being a thief. So I left his ass.

The end.

(Happy Dance) B)

Julie, I can SO relate to this! I saw my ex-husband for the first time in nine months a few weeks ago. We did not speak to each other but the look on his face was priceless. Our marriage didn't end because of my weight, but he sure did bring it up and run me down about my weight when we argued. I did this surgery for myself and nobody else. But seeing him when I am down 65 lbs. from the last time he saw me was sweet justice to me.

Well, in my case - after "hanging in there" throughout years of emotional, mental and eventually physical abuse, my last straw was when my ex-fiance "helped himself" to almost $4,000 out of our bank account that was from a loan In MY name that I took out for my revision surgery.

He was NOT supportive of my surgery, and I guess he figured when he knew my mind wasn't going to change about getting this done, he took to being a thief. So I left his ass.

The end.

(Happy Dance) B)

OMG! I would probably have been in prison for shooting his ass.lol jk

Love that! :D

What an amazing feeling congrats!

I have secretly been wanting to run into a certain ex-boyfriend of mine. I dated him for awhile before I had my surgery and he told a friend of mine after we broke up that the reason we broke up was because I was fat. Not that he had a problem with it but that I had the problem with it and I was miserable about it. He told her that if I wanted to do something about it I could and just not eat as much. hahhahhahaha! We all know how easy that is. So I haven't seen him in nearly a year and ran into him yesterday. He took a double take before he realized who I was and walked over to speak to me. The weird thing is no words came out of his mouth. :P He just stood there looking at me....... I finally said hello to break the tension and still all he could say was "WOW". I said thank you and walked off. :rolleyes: This helped me realize two things. 1. All this hard work I put into this was WELL worth it. and 2. He was right. I had to make the choice to "do something about it". I would do it again in a heart beat just so I could see the look on his face again! :D

OMG, not only do I love the title of this post, but the post itself is amazing. I LOVE the way you handled it!

I absolutely LOVE this type of nsv. Get it girl!

Hi Rootman,

It's always nice to hear from you. I was the first to say that it was my relationship with myself that he didn't like not my actual size. He was one of those guys that wanted to act supportive but really wasn't. He was a very nice looking man with like 10% body fat and he knew it. He rubbed it in my face that he could have whoever he wanted and I should be happy to have him. We were only together for a short time because of this and that is why I broke up with him.

He never asked me to have or even look into WLS. I did that all on my own and not to prove anything to anyone except me. That I could do this. I did it and I do have a wonderful relationship with myself now and I think that is the key. Had I been my-old-self (personality wise) I would have been harsh and called him out about talking to my best friend about things like he did. But, I have a peace within now that I love and it shows through to the outside and leaves people speechless. That makes me happy.

This gives me a lot to think about. I've always been more concerned about my excess weight than the SOs in my life have been. I'm not morbidly obese, I'm at a BMI of 36, but I have several co-morbidities which have me quite concerned. The thing is, I don't like looking at myself when I weigh 250 pounds. I can stand myself around 200, am comfortable at 180 and feel the best at 170, a weight I had to struggle to maintain even when I was in my mid 20s.

If I didn't have the co-morbidities I could maybe credit it all to body image issues but that's not the case. Seven prescription drugs daily is too much and I need to do something about it.

Still, I find the fact that I am less accepting of my weight problems than the women that have been in my life to be interesting.