Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling Fellow Teachers!

Hello I am a teacher and my date is July 2nd. I am hoping to be past the soft foods stage and on regular foods by the time school resumes. I started pre-op on yesterday and today I fell off the wagon. I guess I better get back on tomorrow with a vengence. I pray to make it through this stage and onto to the next one!

Dont beat yourself up....just get back on tomorrow....one thing I have taught myself is that tomorrow is a new day....be aware of everything you do, and if you mess up, well begin aew tomorrow! :o)

Hello I am a teacher and my date is July 2nd. I am hoping to be past the soft foods stage and on regular foods by the time school resumes. I started pre-op on yesterday and today I fell off the wagon. I guess I better get back on tomorrow with a vengence. I pray to make it through this stage and onto to the next one!

I hoping the same thing. However, if it doesn't work out I am just going to say I am on a liquid diet to lose some weight. It will be so busy when school starts a Protein Shake will help me to eat better anyway. This pre-op diet is hard, hard , hard. I use to be more focus , What happened to my will power. LOl

I was told to lose 14 lbs. and haven't (date is July 16th)-- it's been so hard. Every time I put together a couple good days I'm reminded of something I love that I really never want to eat again (or very rarely-- a taste maybe).

I really hope I don't get cancelled. My plan is to totally be strict now and do the liquid diet with no cheat at all.

So I have my pre-op appointment this Wednesday, surgery July 10th, and I think my surgeon is going to put me on my pre-op diet then. The past few days I have all of a sudden been eating TERRIBLY again! I had been doing really well for the past couple of months, and now I think I'm saying goodbye to all my favorite meals, it's been bad! I know it's not the last time that I'll be able to eat my favorite things, but I know I'll never be able to eat a whataburger patty melt meal in it's entirety again after surgery. I know the pre-op diet is going to suck and be really hard, but I feel like I'm ready for it to begin. It's been a year since I started this journey and I'm really feeling ready to get on with it already! Goodbye Whataburger and Luby's and Wendy's and Chick-fil-a, hello Protein drinks!

Hi! I'm a teacher in Ohio but not a July sleever... I'm an "9 hours from now" sleever! lol I had to do pre-op diet for 4 weeks- 2 in school, 2 out of school. These last two have been horrible because I don't have much to do and have all day to think about cheating! Over a month's time, of course I've cheated a few times! lol But I've lost 65 pounds since my first appointment in January. My doctor said I had to lose 40 before he'd do the surgery so I figure my liver HAS to be smaller despite the soft pretzel I had Thursday! lol

Btw, here, our students were out of school June 5th but teachers' last day was the 14th. We always have several contract days extra at the beginning and end of the year. Teachers go back August 17th, so my school always has a short summer.

The person asking about self-pay, which I am, my DR charged $14,700. I looked into two other doctors in the area and they were close to and over 20k.

OMG, who are you telling....5 more days, and kids coming to me with issues of other kids looking at them and stuff, its like watching paint dry....

I'm on my pre-op so I'm trying to not let people get under my skin right now....

I bribed my homeroom with a last day of school snack if they are good the next 5 school days!!

Come on June 11th!!

FIIIIIINALLY!!!! YAAAAAAYYYYY FOR YOU!!!

Hey all! I'm a teacher in Ohio also! I had surgery July 3rd and things are going great!! I'm actually getting a little excited to get back to school - mostly because I'm bored and sick of thinking about what I'm eating and what I'm weighing! I'm also excited to have more energy this year! I have to say... I'm quite surprised at the amount of you who had to self-pay. I thought most teachers had fairly good insurance? I was fortunate enough to have mine covered 100%! I'm very glad too because I would have never been able to get it otherwise!

My district has a total exclusion on any WLS procedure....even going to see a WLS surgoen....so I was self-pay....$17,700 thankfuly my surgoen includes post op appts for the first year in that price...after next year $100 a visit