Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pictures Of My Loose Skin After 73 Lbs, ~ 2 Years Out

I was showing off in front of the camera this evening and took a pic where the loose skin on my side was quite visible...so I got the idea to take some pictures that specifically emphasize it. I certainly would've found it helpful if I saw something like that when I was embarking on my VSG journey. There's a lot of pictures of loose skin that you'd get if you were losing 200+ lbs, but not much for us relative lightweights.

The first pic is the one where I accidentally pushed the skin so it became really obvious, and in the 2nd and 3rd, I specifically made an effort to show it off.

post-2891-13813658826594_thumb.jpg

post-2891-13813658826912_thumb.jpg

post-2891-13813658827223_thumb.jpg

I'll take your "loose skin" issues! :)

BTW, You look fantastic, even with that skin! :)

I may take this back in a few years, but I'm OK with the loose skin. Of course, I'd rather it go away. But I hope it will serve as a reminder of where I never want to go again.

If I can have your muscle tone and strength, that's fine for me!

Yeah, it's not bad by any means, the stomach doesn't bother me at all - outside of me squeezing it all on purpose, it's only noticeable when I'm doing a plank or something and it sags a tiny bit. If anything, I think it will help me avoid awful stretch marks during pregnancy by making it easy to accommodate a bigger belly in the future. The thighs are a little more cumbersome, but I think some of it is also fat, as it's improved since I started the paleo/primal thing and lost 6 lbs. It's certainly not bad enough to warrant trading it for thigh lift scars, IMO.

I have about the same amount I want to lose about 75-80 lbs. I am on my way there since being sleeved 3 1/2 months ago. I don't think your loose skin is bad at all. It's definitely doable and I think I would be okay with it. Only problem is I've had a couple of kids so I am not sure mine will bounce back as good as yours has. I already had some loose skin on my abdomen from having kids and stretching out my tummy. It's not bad at all right now. I would be just fine if mine looked like that when I am done losing.

By the way, how much muscle training and cardio are you doing to look like that? Very nice!

I am with Lissa, I will take your loss skin issues anyday...

you look absolutely amazing! COngrats on two years out and living a healthy life.

I have some questions being earlier in my journey and a somewhat "lightweight":

1. when was your surgery?

2. How long did it take you to get to goal?

3. When did you start exercising on your journey and what exercise do you do?

4. how did your weight loss occur? like did you lose more initially or was it gradual?

5. Any tips for us or things you wish you knew before?

thanks in advance

You look great! I was 206 and now I'm 162 ANC thank god I don't have loose skin what so ever!! I feel great!!!

Damn....if I could ever look that good in a bikini!!!! You look amazing!

Your skin doesn't look like anything outside of normal, honestly. I don't think anyone would know you had WLS or "loose skin" from your photos. Anyone can make funny shapes with their bits. Usually loose skin is just kind of floating there or hanging and pretty obvious even in people who have lost only a little bit of weight (like 30lbs).

Wow those are not issues at all. Your skin looks way better than mine will. Any advice on toning excercise?

OMG u look awesome, really toned & fit , i hope i can look like that one day... well done!!!

I have some questions being earlier in my journey and a somewhat "lightweight":

1. when was your surgery?

2. How long did it take you to get to goal?

3. When did you start exercising on your journey and what exercise do you do?

4. how did your weight loss occur? like did you lose more initially or was it gradual?

5. Any tips for us or things you wish you knew before?

thanks in advance

1) Aug. 9, 2010

2) My goal weight was 145 lbs....got there on January 31, 2011. Went down a few pounds, then back up, eventually leveled out around 140 lbs. Recently changed my diet and now I'm 135 - the lowest I've been since surgery.

3) I exercised pre-surgery, so I got back into it fairly quickly. I started swimming after 2 weeks, as per my doctor's instructions, lifting light weights about 1.5 months out, and doing strenuous exercise (e.g. Bootcamps) about 2-2.5 months out. I've been doing Crossfit since Aug. 2011.

4) I lost like 25 lbs the first month....then it was more like 15, then 10 lbs a month, then it slowed down to like 5.

5) I don't think so....