Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So...my Sister And I Are Aleeved

We had our surgery Friday and what we thought would be over night in the hospital turned into 2 nights. After 1 night at home I am already feeling much better, my sister...not so much. I've had 3 csections so this was not that big a deal, she's never had surgery so she isn't handling the pain very well. I'm anxious to eat something besides crystal light and chicken broth but I know my tummy needs to heal. I'm ready to bounce back!!

Congrats on your new sleeve!

I hope your sister feels better. VSG was my first surgery too so I also felt a lot of discomfort post-op. The gas pain lasted the longest.

When can you start eating mushy foods? I remember I was so excited to eat yogurt and eggs after having nothing but liquids for a few weeks. I wouldn't recommend sneaking in food until you're ready, but you already know that. You don't want to risk getting sick (vomiting!) or hurting your new sleeve!

congrats!i hope i do as well as ur doing

congrats to you both. Thats great that you guys did it together! I hope she feels better soon!

We got to the Dr on Thursday and I'm really hoping for yogurt or mashed potatoes. I am sick to death of the liquids, it isn't that I'm hungry I just want something different than the 3 flavors I've had the last 2 weeks!! Anyway I was down 18 pre-op.

We got to the Dr on Thursday and I'm really hoping for yogurt or mashed potatoes. I am sick to death of the liquids, it isn't that I'm hungry I just want something different than the 3 flavors I've had the last 2 weeks!! Anyway I was down 18 pre-op.

Oh, I understand. The monotony of flavors can drive you nuts!!! Can you at the very least incorporate some "full liquids" like Protein shakes, milk, etc. in addition to broth and crystal light now?

Congrats to you and your sister. Remember everyday your journey will get a little better/easier.

Congrats! It will be exciting going on this journey together. Best wishes to the both of you :)

Congrats, I'm sorry your sister is having a hard time. I think it is probably harder on someone that has never had any stomach surgeries before, so I wish her well.

Congrats to both of you!! I'm sliding down two spaces so you guys can sit on the loser's bench! :) I hope your sister feels better quickly and it sounds like you're ready to roll with your sleeve! :)

I was sleeved in August and my sister is getting sleeved in under two weeks! June 1st! I am excited for her and I hope she doesnt have a lot of pain. We both suffer from kidney stones so her pain threshold is high, like mine. We have both had gall bladder surgery which is what i would compare this to. I think she will be fine with the surgery pain. I had no gas pain and I hope that is the case with her too. I feel very excited that we will both be sleeved very soon!