Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Surgery Pre-Op Diets Encouragement/vents

I am on the 3rd day of my pre op diet

I have had a headache at 5 pm for 2 days now

has this happened to anyone?

blk-blk-event.png

;

I am on the 3rd day of my pre op diet

I have had a headache at 5 pm for 2 days now

has this happened to anyone?

Are you used to drinking caffeine? Sounds like caffeine withdrawal. I quit caffeine about a week before my pre-op diet because I didn't want both misery together. :(

Are you used to drinking caffeine? Sounds like caffeine withdrawal. I quit caffeine about a week before my pre-op diet because I didn't want both misery together. :(

Sounds like good advise to me. I wished I had found this site sooner as there is a lot of Pre op information here to digest. Just glad to have the resource for the future.

Sounds like good advise to me. I wished I had found this site sooner as there is a lot of Pre op information here to digest. Just glad to have the resource for the future.

Have you started your preop yet? I start tomorrow, but quit soft drinks over a month ago and have just been drinking Water, Water with Mio, a glass of sweet tea ever few days. I have had no caffine except what is in the occasional sweet tea. I have already started a couple of shakes a day and eating at supper time. Trying to make my transition as painless as possible. I cannot imagine doing this with a caffine withdrawal headache! There is so much info out here.....even more than my surgeon gave me. Not knowing what to ask, I have read so many posts, I now have questions for him! I've researched and researched for months now and I am ready to be sleeved!!! Preop tomorrow and surgery on the 29th!

Day 4- of Preop diet here, w/ a mild headache this am. I cut out caffine and soft drinks about two weeks ago. I like the shakes I've chosen, so far. Getting all the required Water in hasn't been bad, I kinda crave it now. But wow the ketosis mouth is a bit funky. I'm trying not to depend on gum or mints, because they are discouraged post op. I brush a lot and keep sipping water.

Good luck everyone!

~Jane

Have you started your preop yet? I start tomorrow, but quit soft drinks over a month ago and have just been drinking Water, Water with Mio, a glass of sweet tea ever few days. I have had no caffine except what is in the occasional sweet tea. I have already started a couple of shakes a day and eating at supper time. Trying to make my transition as painless as possible. I cannot imagine doing this with a caffine withdrawal headache! There is so much info out here.....even more than my surgeon gave me. Not knowing what to ask, I have read so many posts, I now have questions for him! I've researched and researched for months now and I am ready to be sleeved!!! Preop tomorrow and surgery on the 29th!

I started my Pre op diet on Monday. I also tried to ease into it the week before by drinking shakes and avoiding caffeine. My surgery is on the 25th. Good luck to you all. Stay in touch.

I had a diet soda the day before the pre op diet started ..... It is definitely possible it is caffeine.... I hope it doesn't last to much longer! I am not allow to take anything but Tylenol 5 days before surgery. So far so good though I love the Unjury chocolate Splendor!!

My surgery is on the 25th! Today I just got my pre op physical, blood work and EKG! I'm ready for these 11 days to pass quickly!

Good Luck to all and if you are not on your pre op cut out your caffeine now..... It is a battle of your mind..... I truly have become in touch with my hunger signals and I am just 4 days in!!!!

Official day two of the preop diet. Sigh... Ready for surgery day to come!!!!

My preop started today! I need all the prayers and positive thoughts you can throw my way! Just the word diet sends my brain into cravings for foods I can't have!

My preop started today! I need all the prayers and positive thoughts you can throw my way! Just the word diet sends my brain into cravings for foods I can't have!

You and me both! I won't even tempt you with the crazy food thoughts I've had!!!

Hey all!

It's the end of the 4th day and I must say that I am dealing with Head Hunger and not actually physical hunger!

I am so excited that in less then 10 Days I am going to be Sleeved! It seems like just yesterday that I started this Journey!

Stay strong and Say No to thoughts! This post is keeping me going I enjoy checking everyday! My Thoughts are with all of us on the Pre op Diet!!

We can do it! One day and One thought at a time!

~Sarah

Day three... Started the day ok. So far, I've only had my coffee (decaf, of course). I am hungry, but I'm trying to hold off on my 1st shake of the day a little longer. I'm working today which makes it easier. I only have the things I can eat with me. I brought three of my six shakes and my first serving of yogurt. We shall see how that goes.

Have a great day everyone!

How is everyone doing on their preop?

How is everyone doing on their preop?

It is kicking my a$$! Day 3. This morning was bad! But I survived. Sipping on a shake now. It's gotta get better!