Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Recommendations For A Treadmill?

Anyone have any input or recommendations for a treadmill? Looking to spend between $500.00 & $800.00. Any comments about the treadmills advertised/sold on HSN? At least they have payment plans, but don't know if what they sell is good. Thanks.

I'd look on Craigslist before spending a lot on one. I've seen some in our area for about $100 - $300 on Craigslist that are in good condition and not too old. Usually new ones are over $1000.

I ordered a new one ProForm 590T today from Walmart for $599. It got real good reviews. I cant wait to get it and try it out.

Anyone have any input or recommendations for a treadmill? Looking to spend between $500.00 & $800.00. Any comments about the treadmills advertised/sold on HSN? At least they have payment plans, but don't know if what they sell is good. Thanks.

I have one I am selling. I am moving and it can't fit. It is about 1 year old and in good condition.

Thanks all for the suggestions. I completely forgot about Craigslist. Christie, I don't imagine you live close to me (Seattle), but thanks for the offer.

I actually bought mine from hsn. It's the proform proshox elite 2. I paid $1000 for it, but that was well over a year ago. Itself was my first experience with the hsn, and I love it I did 4 payments of $250 delivery was free. Anyhow I love my treadmill and when I was looking at hsn they did have very similar ones as far as the brand in your price range. I use my treadmill as well as my husband and son, it's still going strong. So on my treadmill it is just as good as the ones in the health clubs, maybe better because mine is ifit compatible, and it has speakers that you can hook your iPod/mp3 to. The incline is insane I wanna say it goes upto 12. My son runs like upto 7mph and it's sturdy as heck. Also mine has an extra long belt (I have long legs) and it was able to support 300-350 pounds.

I actually bought mine from hsn. It's the proform proshox elite 2. I paid $1000 for it, but that was well over a year ago. Itself was my first experience with the hsn, and I love it I did 4 payments of $250 delivery was free. Anyhow I love my treadmill and when I was looking at hsn they did have very similar ones as far as the brand in your price range. I use my treadmill as well as my husband and son, it's still going strong. So on my treadmill it is just as good as the ones in the health clubs, maybe better because mine is ifit compatible, and it has speakers that you can hook your iPod/mp3 to. The incline is insane I wanna say it goes upto 12. My son runs like upto 7mph and it's sturdy as heck. Also mine has an extra long belt (I have long legs) and it was able to support 300-350 pounds.

I've seen several treadmills on HSN and was wondering which one was really good. Thank you for telling me about your buying experience with HSN as I'm seriously considering buying one from them. I've already checked out a couple Craigslist ads and either the seller wants to much money (cash up front), or the units are worn and not worth the asking prices. A couple have really been beat-up & the seller is asking way too much $$$. The thing is, everyone wants cash first.

At least with HSN I can find one that fits my budget. It's much easier making a $139.99 payment vs a $600-800 payment.

I have had a ProForm 690 LT for a couple of years now and like it a lot. I seem to remember ordering mine from hsn, however, I see that Walmart.com sells it for $669 at the moment...I think that is actually cheaper than what I paid. I bought the 690 particularly because the belt is cushioned and wider at 20" than others. The treadmill also inclines and comes with several embedded programs as well as the ability to use iFit programs. The treadmill comes with speakers and I can also hook up my mp3 player to it. It's actually a nice package of features for the price. The only thing that I would add to it is a fan but I'm otherwise pleased. Good luck shopping.