Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Durham, North Carolina?

I am in Raleigh. I am waiting on insurance approval and then my work schedule to lighten. I am hoping by May. I am planning on vsg by Dr. Yoo at Duke. I have not been real good about pre op diet because it seems so unreal not knowing when it will be. Also, i never was real good at dieting,hence the need for the vsg. Would love to have a mentor, hope in a year i can be one.

Hi. I am in Raleigh too and am also planning on having VSG (revision from lapband) by Dr. Yoo. I will probably have it at the main Duke hospital because he is there on Fridays and I don't like Duke Raleigh. I wish he worked at Rex. I switched to Dr. Yoo for lapband care because I wasn't happy with the postop care of my lapband surgeon. So far, I love Dr. Yoo. He spent a lot of time working with me to try to get the lapband to work for me. Unfortunately, due to reflux, he can't tighten it to the point where I feel satiety and can lose weight so, when I see him next week, I am going to tell him that it is time to ask for insurance approval for the sleeve.

I am sold on Dr. Yoo's knowledge and bedside manner. Could anyone who used Dr. Yoo, please let me know how you felt about his surgical skills and postop support.

Thanks!

Hey you guys, I'm in the Greensboro area (45in from Raleigh Durham) I was sleeved on March 20, 2012 by Dr. Fernandez at Wake Forest Medical Center. It's nice to see sleevers that are near home ;0)

I am also in the Greensboro area. I do not have a date yet (June?) but will be sleeved by Dr. McNatt at Wake Forest once all hoops have been jumped through.

Just-Kelly i am getting sleeved by dr. Omotosho on Monday march 25th. He is really nice. I had my pre op today and when i got home my emotions ran really high. I explained to him that i was nervous and he said thats natural. I wish you the best of luck

Oh! How did I not know this forum/post existed?! :)

I was sleeved March 18th by Dr. Yoo at the Duke Raleigh hospital. The whole experience, as a whole, was completely awesome. I had a moment's doubt of using Duke Raleigh vs the main Duke hospital with the dedicated bariatric ward/areas but ultimately chose it due to Dr. Yoo's availability and the convenience to my living in Clayton. And I have to say that I'm really glad I did!

Honestly, the whole set up with the Duke Health system as been amazing with the possible exception of where they sent me for the psych eval. The biggest thing I couldn't get over was how nice everyone was. Or if they weren't, they sure faked it well!

But no matter how happy I was/am with them and how involved they are even after the surgery I'm so glad to know that there are others in the local area that are also going through such a crazy thing as being sleeved. :)

I have a date for surgury now!!! May 13th or 4 weeks. I started dieting for the preop phase in ernest today. Love to hear how the locals are doing.

I am also in the Greensboro area. I do not have a date yet (June?) but will be sleeved by Dr. McNatt at Wake Forest once all hoops have been jumped through.

So what point are you in the process? I love the program at Wake Forest even though I am struggling somewhat at this point. I was a year post op in March and finding it harder and harder to remain focused. Anybody else having any issues?

I had my pre op visit today with Dr. Yoo and his team and then at the hospital for the usual tests. 3 weeks from yesterday. A little nervous, more excited than anything. Have lost a few pounds just with the tips they gave me and now it's the homestretch to shrink that liver a little.

Hi neighbors!

Hi neighbors!

Well, hi back at ya!

What made many of you choose Dr. Yoo from Duke instead of Dr. Sudan or Dr. Torquotti or anyone else for that matter? Just curious. I am contemplating either the sleeve or DS. I know Dr. Sudan is the only one that performs the DS but is there a surgeon that is considered the best in the sleeve procedure? Trying to get as many facts as possible. I would also love to hear all of your experiences with the sleeve and why you chose it over other surgeries. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

MCG

Hi, I'm here in brier creek. I was sleeved on June 26, 2013, by Dr. Omotosho. Duke Raleigh

What made many of you choose Dr. Yoo from Duke instead of Dr. Sudan or Dr. Torquotti or anyone else for that matter? Just curious. I am contemplating either the sleeve or DS. I know Dr. Sudan is the only one that performs the DS but is there a surgeon that is considered the best in the sleeve procedure? Trying to get as many facts as possible. I would also love to hear all of your experiences with the sleeve and why you chose it over other surgeries. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks' date='

MCG[/quote']

I wasn't really given a choice, but have been thankful to have Dr. Sudan. Because he specializes in DS and the sleeve is the first step in DS, he has loads of experience. He does the surgery robotically, which meant a practically perfect recovery for me -- very little pain and easy healing.

Hmmm....don't know how I missed this thread. I was sleeved in April almost a true 45 lbs down. Still struggling to get my Protein up past 60 a day....and get all my Fluid in. I am rarely hungry and often forget to eat at work! That's my problem right now. My hair is shedding now but I am not to worried about it....I know it will grow back. Had my second follow up and my labs look great...only my B1 is slightly low. Happy I did this despite my GERD has been exacerbated by the surgery. I feel and look great!

Surgeon: Dr. Farrell UNC Hospital 4/24/2013:------ Preop: 239-----Current: 194.6

Hi. I am in Raleigh too and am also planning on having VSG (revision from lapband) by Dr. Yoo. I will probably have it at the main Duke hospital because he is there on Fridays and I don't like Duke Raleigh. I wish he worked at Rex. I switched to Dr. Yoo for lapband care because I wasn't happy with the postop care of my lapband surgeon. So far' date=' I love Dr. Yoo. He spent a lot of time working with me to try to get the lapband to work for me. Unfortunately, due to reflux, he can't tighten it to the point where I feel satiety and can lose weight so, when I see him next week, I am going to tell him that it is time to ask for insurance approval for the sleeve.

I am sold on Dr. Yoo's knowledge and bedside manner. Could anyone who used Dr. Yoo, please let me know how you felt about his surgical skills and postop support.

Thanks![/quote']

Hello, I just wanted to share with you that Dr. Yoo did my pre opt appt right before my surgery. He took his time and answered all of my questions. I hope this helps, u can also google Dr. Yoo's performances he has tons of great reviews

I don't know how to respond to individuals on here..NeNeh...When did you have your sleeve surgery with Dr. Sudan, do you know what size sleeve he uses and how has weight loss been so far-if that's too personal a question I understand.