Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

41 To Be Sleeved June 25

I wondered should i do the sleeve this late in life then realized im only half grown :). So excited. I havent been slim since I was about 4. Hopeful my dream will come true within a year.

I'm 45 and 3 months later I finally feel younger then I am. 54 lbs can do that to you lol. Good luck!

I'm excited for you, Angela! I look forward to reading about your surgery. I'm 40 and thought that maybe I was too old but then decided that I just don't want to be an old, fat woman. I heard someone on tv say, "How many fat 100 year olds do you know? None, all 100 year olds are thin because fat people simply don't live to be 100." I don't know if that is true or not but its food for thought anyways.

The other thing that is fascinating to me about this thread is that at 42, I always still think of myself as very young! Perhaps I am in denial.

The other thing that is fascinating to me about this thread is that at 42, I always still think of myself as very young! Perhaps I am in denial.

My dad always said that he never felt old inside. He said that although his body aged, his spirit or soul always felt young. When I was younger, I always assumed that I would start feeling old at around 40-50 and now I'm thinking that maybe I will feel old at 60-70. However, my dad said that he felt like he was in his 20's when he was 65. I don't think that we are old either, shangefan, but if my dad's correct then maybe we will never feel old inside. Maybe our souls don't age since they are eternal.

You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body. ~ C. S. Lewis

I'm still in the planning phase - no surgery date but my appt. date with the doctor is in 3 weeks.

Cleo - my dad has always battled his weight - he is now 72 and still has up months and down months. The only way to stay down (which is still overweight but not obese) is for him to literally eat nothing but fish/chicken and vegetables...

My biggest issue is cravings - I can Portion Control all day long but at night I fall off the wagon. I'm 41 and have been thinking and planning to do this for over a year now - but I get a lot of "you don't need to do it" because I'm 200 and hide it relatively well...65 lbs overweight is a LOT of extra weight on my bones and my heart though. It's going to start showing in my health pretty soon and I'm NOT ok with that.

So glad I found this board!

Hello all You Forty and Fabulous!

I just turned 46, and for my birthday present I was sleeved April 16, 2013 ????????????

I have spent the majority of my life as a thin, fit, athletic person but as I crept towards 40 I gained weight--lots if it!

I had a BMI of 37 when I got (insurance) approved for the sleeve--because of my BMI at 37 with a couple serious co-morbid conditions!

I tried and tried for 7 years to try my old (healthy) habits of eating right and exercise, I would lose 20lbs-then gain 30 back. Then I hit the vicious cycles after hitting surgical menopause (ESP) after I had some pre-cancerous ovaries removed and endometrial ridden uterus! I was doomed to plaster the fat even with a so-called diet--and then I have been too tired to exercise after spending 12 hours on the "floor" as a hospital RN!!

So it's been just a little over 2 weeks and I have lost 20lbs!!!????☺????????

79 lbs to go and I am SERIOUSLY dedicated!!

Yay! To those of us in our 40's!!!

I had mine done last November at age 41 and I love love love my life more now than ever! Less than 25 pounds until I reach my goal! Good luck to you and welcome aboard!

Thank you! I am feeling better every day!

Oh my goodness...I'm 42 and looking forward to the life changes. Well as far as loosing weight goes...LOL! I'm currently going through the tests, etc. I can't wait to get my date!

I turned 40 in April and said after this whole rollercoaster of weight battles my whole life, IF my insurance approved it I would go for it. 6 days later I got the call of approval. Right now I am sitting in the chair in my hospital room- POST-OP Day #1! FINALLY I have a weight loss tool that I KNOW will work for me, and now I can exercise for enjoyment and strength, not just to burn off 20lbs

Awesome! Congrats km!

I wondered should i do the sleeve this late in life then realized im only half grown :). So excited. I havent been slim since I was about 4. Hopeful my dream will come true within a year.

I see your dream came true!