Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 Wk Post Op Eating Every 2.5 Hrs...

Just curious if anyone else is eating like this as well? I seem to still feel hunger so I start my day with a Protein Shake and then every few hrs I have 4 oz of plain Greek yogurt mixed with a little instant mashed potatoes . I have he yogurt / potatoes 4 times then it's one more shake. By this time it's evening and I am finishing my 60 oz of water/ Crystal Light. If I'm hungry after that I just have broth. Does this sound ok? I'm getting 70-80 grams of Protein a day.

I'm drinking/eating very small amounts at one time, so I've had to spread my Protein over most of the day. There is no way I can get all of the "recommended" daily amounts in just three meals.

I'm not trying to keep up with the ideal eating regime just yet, as my sleeve still seems too small or swollen to take much at one time. I'm just trying to go with the flow and let my new tummy heal up, and get my Protein in when I can.

I just had surgery on Monday 5/14. My surgeon is pretty strict about introducing food again. I'm on Clear liquids for 2 weeks, full liquids for weeks 3-6, puréed/soft for weeks 7-12, and then small bites of regular food from week 13 onward.

Therefore, I'm still on Clear Liquids. I don't have any guidelines for eating at this point except to get in all my fluids and Protein. For me right now that means basically sipping on something all day as long as I'm awake. I'm able to get in all my fluids & Protein, but it does take all day to do so. My dietitian said that I shouldn't worry about the rule of not drinking near meals until week 7 when I start puréed. My surgeon also says to only have 3 actual meals per day and get fluids (including protein shakes) in between meals.

Since each doctor is different, I would go by what your doctor says & if you're unsure about it, then call your doctor or dietitian about it.

Wow, Our Drs are very different. My dr said strictly liquids for 7 days and on 8th day I can move to soft foods.

I am on what's called full liquids for a few weeks . Plain Greek yogurt is a full liquid and it's high in Protein low in calories. I know that the magic to losing weight with the sleeve is your protein intake min 60 grams a day and your Fluid intake preferably Water at 60 oz a day min. I am already walking daily for 30 min and the weight is coming off every day :) what I was looking for is anyone else eating throughout the day like me?

I had my surgery 5/9. I'm on full liquids as well. I don't care for the Greek yogurt but I have stuff pretty regularly. We recently made a potatoes oup last night but used a food processor to de chunk the spuds. It was very good and filling

what I was looking for is anyone else eating throughout the day like me?

what I was trying to say is that I think it's pretty normal to eat throughout the day at the clear liquid and full liquid stages just to try to get everything you need to in. At least that's what I was told by my dietitian. I know right now I'm on clear liquids & it takes me all day to get all my Protein & liquid in. My guidelines are to change that and only have 3 actual meals with only liquids between meals once I'm on the pureed/soft food stage. But again, everyone's guidelines are different. Therefore, you should really ask your doctor if it's okay to be eating like you are throughout the day.

what I was trying to say is that I think it's pretty normal to eat throughout the day at the clear liquid and full liquid stages just to try to get everything you need to in. At least that's what I was told by my dietitian. I know right now I'm on clear liquids & it takes me all day to get all my Protein & liquid in. My guidelines are to change that and only have 3 actual meals with only liquids between meals once I'm on the pureed/soft food stage. But again' date=' everyone's guidelines are different. Therefore, you should really ask your doctor if it's okay to be eating like you are throughout the day.[/quote']

everyone handles the diet differently so I was looking for a fellow sleever who was following the diet like me. Comprende? What my dr says and what my body wants are two different things and as long as I'm doing it all right I don't need to consult with my dr over something like this - that is why I POSTED it on this forum. It's a support forum not a battle of who's right and wrong. THANKS!

I didn't mean to step on any toes. I know everyone is different and everyone deals differently. Personally, for me, I'm following what my doctor says because I trusted him enough to operate on me so I'm going to trust him enough to follow his guidelines.

I was not trying to be unsupportive. I was actually saying that eating throughout the day makes sense in the clear liquid and full liquid stages, and even after that depending on your guidelines.

I'm sorry if I came off differently.

Wow...My Gastric, thank you for sharing your info and experience. Im sure each person has their own. As there are hundreds of people offering support here. Therefor, I will read each generously offered response to my post with my own physicians instructions in mind and be grateful to all the wonderful and diverse friendships I make here in VST. ; )

I'm really not liking the big attitudes on this forum therefor I'm taking this app off my phone. This is a f**king rudiculous gathering of idiots. I'll stick with my online forum where everyone is supportive and they stick to the topic. Omg so annoying!!!!!!

I'm really not liking the big attitudes on this forum therefor I'm taking this app off my phone. This is a f**king rudiculous gathering of idiots. I'll stick with my online forum where everyone is supportive and they stick to the topic. Omg so annoying!!!!!!

Gone? The Attitudes adjusted...everyone on this forum is friendly and willing to offer their experience, support, and opinions. Noone here can offer medical advice nor say what may be right for everyone. They can only offer up what they personally have experienced or have knowledge of. So attacking someone for offering what is exactly the point of this site was rude and unacceptable. All opinions should be read with your own physicians advice in mind. If a post is made that you don't care for, u are not required to respond to it or berate the person offering it. We are all friends in the same boat from all different walks of life and different surgeons. Everyone here deserves kindness and respect. Its what I have found VST to be grounded upon. Love all you guys here. You've become my comfort, my teachers and my friends.

WOW that made me blink a few times...... wonder if we were reading the same forum.

You are doing awesome to get all your Protein and fluids! Greek yogurt was also on my full liquids, no fruit. I totally wouldn't have thought of putting instant potatoes in it - sounds good! About being hungry, I think during that phase you do always feel hungry with it being liquids, nothing solid.

Just curious if anyone else is eating like this as well? I seem to still feel hunger so I start my day with a Protein shake and then every few hrs I have 4 oz of plain Greek yogurt mixed with a little instant mashed potatoes . I have he yogurt / potatoes 4 times then it's one more shake. By this time it's evening and I am finishing my 60 oz of water/ Crystal Light. If I'm hungry after that I just have broth. Does this sound ok? I'm getting 70-80 grams of Protein a day.

Wow. I didn't see anything posted here that could have caused that response from you, Cupcake. I'm only 5 days post-op and I'm sure trying to learn the dos and dont's is frustrating. I see nothing but support here. I hate that you had to become so trollish so soon.