Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Hardest Diet I Never Went On

Although my weight loss has been slow in comparison to others on this forum, it has been steady and I can see the difference after a month out. I haven't felt deprived but I have been aware of what I put in my mouth and how long I chew. I do not feel as if I am on a diet but I do notice how many horrible food choices are out there. Many of us made bad food choices without even being aware of how bad they were. Most people at my job have no idea that I had WLS surgery and the ones that do have all told me,"You're not that big!" or "You're not big enough for that surgery." and my favorite, "You're just a little chubby and this is the easy way out." This is the not the easy way and has required a lot of focus and dedication. Yes, I have the tool of built-in restriction but I have never tested how full I can get. As far as I am concerned, I didn't go under the knife to how close I can dance the line between healthy eating and overeating. That being said, I am thankful for my sleeve and appreciate the awareness that this surgery has given me. Thank you for allowing me to vent.

Vent away! It's why we're all here! Good luck with your journey!! :)

So many people try to tell me I didn't need the surgery too. However, I finally stopped their talk when I started saying I am carrying around two people. Best wishes.

Very well said...Good Luck to you!

The best advice I have gotten here (maybe from Lissa?) was to under eat your sleeve. That's my goal now at every meal. When I don't, I pay for it. You made a great decision for yourself! I get such a kick out of people who think this is the "easy" way. What idiots!lol

My husband is twice my size, so everyone understands why he is having surgery, but they all tell me that they don't see why I can't just do it by myself. I have been 100 pounds overweight for 3o years. Most of it is in my belly (apron) and thighs, so from the waist up, I don't look that big (how unfair to be this big an wear an A-B cup!). I know when it's all over and I am at my goal weight, I will have to carry around my "before" picture for people to see, but that's okay with me!