Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Perth, Australia... Anyone?

I feel the same, met plenty that knows someone that knows someone ect... but never met anyone personally, so your welcome to come and meet me and then we can help and mentor each other, I am on face book under my name if you wish to add me, if you have Face book of course.

I found Dr Dolan funny and charming also, and he told me I could have my band re-done but he added he could tell I was not happy with it and gave me all the info on the sleeve, which I had already research any way. I feel it would be the best for me, I had the band (not done by him) for 2 years and had a few problems with it.. so was not going back there.. :)

I was sleeved by Dr Dolan 2 weeks ago at Glengarry. He is an awesome doctor & very good at what he does. He is the only Doctor I know that staples your sleeve but sews over as well to prevent leaks. he did an amazing job on me, my incisions are healing very nicely & In a few months wont be able to be seen - he is very neat. I cannot recommend him highly enough!!! I am happy to answer an questions anyone has but you will not be disappointed by Dr Dolan ... he has changed my life! :)

Thank you weight_no_longer. I went to him because I heard he was a great surgeon.

HI Weight_no_longer,,

Thank you for your message, it makes me even more sure of my surgery and even more confident in Dr Dolan, I am being sleeved on the 25th September. Thanks :)

you're welcome, Im sure you will be in the best hands & be very happy with your results. keep us updated :)

Weight_no_longer and Julez, how are things going? Had some excitement with Glengarry Hospital today. They couldn't find my forms. Turns out they file them by date and had them in Oct still. Everything is sorted and I am due there for 6.30am on Friday. A long drive to the north but hubby is driving so I can silently sit and freak out. Turns out I have to pay $100 excess that HBF didn't indicate but that is okay, a small price to pay.

Hope you are both doing great!

hi JLS Ive been doing ok except feel a bit crap over the last couple days, I think maybe have a flu coming on but going to see my Doc tomorrow just to be sure. Im glad everything got sorted at the hospital for you. I had to pay $500 out of pocket when i got to the hospital which was a bit of a shock but Im glad Ive had the op so its all worth it. I have no appetite anymore, sometimes I feel like I want something but then cant eat it so the weight is definitely coming off. Best wishes to you for the surgery, you are in good hands & before you know it you will be a loser also lol. Please update us when you feel up to it. Id love to hear how it all goes for you :)

Sorry I only just got your message, I hope all went well this morning.. Love to hear how you are. I Paid my $500 for my medibank hospital when I had my band out and as it is in the same calender year I don't have to pay any more monies except for Dr Dolan's out of pocket expenses. :)

Hi all, it's great to hear so many happy people about Dr Dolan, I get sleeved on 11th dec and getting really nervous, I don't dee the nutritionist until 4 days prior. Did anyone question having optislim instead of Optifast at all? So glad I have Dr Dolan

I used optislim instead of Optifast. I was not told which one to use. I just brought the optislim as it was cheaper. Good luck on your journey.

Julezit

Thanks so much for that, I prefer optislim especially the price

Your welcome, here is a Australian forum sleeve site if your wanting some Aust support here is the link we also have meet up's and support pages on Facebook if your interested in any other support. There are quite a few of us done by Dr Dolan. :)http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/ https://www.facebook.com/groups/382543408457010/484369314941085/?notif_t=group

Julezit

That's great I didn't know there was an Aussie forum