Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone had any recent experience with Dr. Armanza? I'm trying to get a picture for what I've gotten myself into. The $4,500 fee is very affordable for my family and I want to make sure I've made a good choice.

I'd love to hear some stories from other people who have been to Mt. Zion and Dr. Armanza recently. On some boards I saw some awful experiences so I'm trying to decide if I should change docs.

So research, talk to staff, go with yiur gut! My surgery is with Dr Almanza next week and I am very confident in his abilities!

I am on July 9 with Dr. Almanza. I, too, am very confident in the decision. I wish I were going sooner! But there are lots of people here who have had their surgeries performed by him. It seems to me that the people who have posted here have generally been very positive regarding their experience.

I was sleeved by Dr. Almanza on February 27 and I have nothing but good things to report :) Everything was super clean and efficient, there were always nurses available to assist with anything I needed, and I'm very happy with my recovery and results. You'll be in good hands.

Edited to add: Correction, March 27! :)

I too am scheduled with Dr. Almanza in just 2 short weeks. Super excited! I have lived and breathed to research this man and his abilities! I am certain that he is a great choice and I will be in good hands! There are several threads and social groups dedicated to Dr. Almanza patients. I would advise you to research them, read the patient stories and go with your gut!

I am scheduled with him on June 5. I have researched and do feel confident, however i am nervous, but i think that is too be expected :)

I am scheduled with him July 9 also. I know 2 ladies that had surgery with him in March and they are VERY happy. One has lost about 50 pounds and the other just over 20. The lady that has only lost about 20 pounds was not very big to start with so it is coming off a little slower. They both say they would go back to him in a minute.

I have some questions though for any of you who have already been to him or know folks who have. My mother wants to come with me, and I wasinformed we will be staying in a hotel, which is just fine with me, however, how often do they come to check on you at the hotel and if you are in ain are there still options at the hotel? Or just pretty much hoow does it work?

Thanks

sheree

Thank you for all the comments, they make me feel much less nervous. Some people have said some terrible things; however, the vast majority have been super complimentary and I am breathing easier. I am scheduled for June 19. As I sit here, I have a button ready to shoot off of my shirt so both my clothes and my body are ready for this.

I have some questions though for any of you who have already been to him or know folks who have. My mother wants to come with me, and I wasinformed we will be staying in a hotel, which is just fine with me, however, how often do they come to check on you at the hotel and if you are in ain are there still options at the hotel? Or just pretty much hoow does it work?

Thanks

sheree

Hi Sheree - I recovered at the recovery house, but I spoke to people who were staying at Hotel Ticuan (the hotel the clinic uses). They said it's very, very nice. My understanding is that those patients recovering at the hotel were picked up by a driver once or twice a day and taken to the clinic to get their pain meds, antibiotics, etc. The recovery house, on the other hand, has nursing staff (two at all times when I was there) who are available to provide care around the clock. You could play it by ear, I think, and stay at the recovery house if you are still in pain when you leave the clinic, while your guest stays at the hotel. You might want to confirm that with your co-ordinator though...

I am schduled with DR. A as well in Aug I have done tons of research and found out that he is the best. There is another DR Garcia that people talk very highly of but I did not like the terms of his contract that he had and that he charges more money for the fatter you are. You will be in great hands

mine is this saturday...will let you know my take..the ex is going with me and his is a doctor...if there is ANYTHING wrong i will let yoou know, but my take is these people are just unsatisied folk that have nothing else to do...i know how people are and even tho the ex has great bedside manner, am sure there were some that arent pleased with him as well!!! when i talked to louise about the stuff, she told me her favorite one...that they reuse the staples....(.well duh, how do they straighten them out to use again????!!!!) how stupid can they get...oh and the complaint about how many he does a day.....i doubt they know how many most durgeons do a day or they might be surprised!! I am playing by ear like suggested previously.....see how i feel.....if ok might go stay at hotel to be near ex...he can watch but if anything needs immediate attention........recovery house would be best....the beds in recovery ladies, adre not hospital beds so if you are feeling better and want more privacy, the hotel is the way to go, and i hear that the food is good there or you can go to one of many places nearby. if i feel up to it and can get the mini notebook to work down there, will try and post...if not i will when i return but by then boots will be ob her way and can give you all a second recent opinion too

Hi I had my sleeve from him may 15th. He s great and I would do it again! The hospital is small! Only one or room. Nurses and doctors are good. The recovery house is full of great people. Make sure you tip they make little money. I tipped everyone but the doctors! And if your up to it the drivers will take you shopping! But Mario is great and he does a lot of surgeries with no issues!! I recommend him! I am from Canada and traveling to USA is different let alone Mexico as in Alberta we have free health care and very different, but he is a good choice. Just remember the hospital/clinic is small!!!