Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hola! Fresh Out Of The Hospital

Hi Everybody!

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jodi and I was sleeved on 5/14/12 (in Houston). I'm feeling pretty good. I found this forum at 3am this morning, as I was hunting a way to ease my (what felt like) indigestion. I'm sure I have to work some small kinks out, but I'm actually feeling really great!!

I made the mistake of getting on the scale when I got home yesterday. I was 10 lbs heavier, but I knew instantly not to worry, that it was just bloating from surgery and fluids.

I'm so excited about becoming a whole new person. I have SO much support from my husband and kids. I'm a lucky lady to have this opportunity!

Anyway, I hope to get to know you guys. I'm going to go browse around the forum.

Congratulations! I am being sleeved on May 29th, less than two weeks away! Keep us informed on your journey!!!!

Welcome Jodi!!!! I'm so glad you found this forum. There's lots of wonderful people people here. Congratulations on your surgery. I sounds like you are right on track and doing great! I too feel so fortunate to have this option available to me! I am coming up on a year on June 6 and close to 100 pound loss (103 since my highest weight actually) and I am looking and feeling great!!! :-) It has been the best thing I ever did for myself. Sending you lots of well wishes for a super speedy recovery!!! I look forward to reading about your progress. Enjoy this amazing journey!!!!

Hi Jodi Congradulations I am hoping to get sleeved in June or early July It's been a long road,and now as of June 1st my insurance will change ! So I don't know what will happen, I love this site lots of support and information hope to talk to you soon.

Nancy M

Jodi - we're sleeve sisters - my surgery was 5/14 too! I feel lot better than i thought I would at this stage. I had a hard time urinating on my own at the hospital, so they almost kept me another night, but my surgeon prescribed one dose of Flomax that helped enough for them to let me be discharged. I came home about midnight last night. I haven't had any issues urinating since being home. It sure is odd to take over an hour to have a cup of broth - but the good type of odd.

Anyway, congrats on your surgery! I hope all goes well from here on out for you too!

oh - and they weighed me in the hospital yesterday. I was 264.2 Monday morning at home before surgery & 270.1 in the hospital yesterday. However, I know it's all because of surgery & will drop again quickly.

Michelle, I noticed your info, also. We really are sleeve sisters. My starting weight was 270 and I'm 5'8". Pretty close all the way around. I didn't have a single problem in the hospital. I was walking around 1-1/2 hrs after surgery. That gas I had floating around in my body didn't feel too great, but I've worked almost all of that out.

Good luck to you!!

Yeah for you! I did the same thing 4/26 I was 307.. DOS 5/5 297.4 and yesterday (one week post op) 288 :) and if this damn bloating would go away.. i'd be fine!

Congratulations on your surgery & what sounds like a great recovery. It's all in the attitude. Thanks for sharing. I visit my doctor early tomorrow morning for my initial consultation. Just came from my primary care physician's office where I picked up her referral letter. So far, so good. Keep us posted on your progress. God bless.

Welcome Jodi, I am glad you are doing well. It is all in your attitude for sure, and you sound like you have a great support system. Keep us posted on your journey.

why cant i get a ticker on my profile?

I had trouble with this too. If you are using Tickerfactory, get the bbcode, not the HTML. I think it is the first code. Then, copy it. Go to you profile and find your signature. Paste the code in as your signature. Hope this helps :rolleyes:

Welcome Jodi & Michelle! Congrats on your successful surgeries! I know for me it was the best thing I could have chosen to do. I know you two will feel the same. Remember to sip,sip,sip, rest, walk, repeat!

Glad your doing well. I will be sleeved the 29th. I am anxious to get it done